Always a fun day at the Ballpark | Teen Ink

Always a fun day at the Ballpark

American Family Field, home of the Milwaukee Brewers. Originally made having the name Miller Park. Named after the famous Miller Brewing Company. The naming rights were bought and changed to American Family Field by the American Family Insurance company. The insurance company is located in Madison, Wisconsin. This stadium is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This stadium was made in 2001 to replace the Brewers old stadium County Stadium. American Family Field has been one of the most famous places in the state of Wisconsin because of the Milwaukee Brewers (Part of Miller Park Way to Get Name Change). A second home to many die hard Brewers fans like me and my family. This past season we went to root for the Brewers on 17 different occasions. A way to show our support throughout the up and downs of a long 162 game season. Throughout the past couple of years the Brewers have been in the playoffs. Having a better team is what draws the attention of all people to come to games and support the Brewers. It has also been a famous place to go with friends to tailgate before the game. Out of all stadiums in the MLB, American Family Field is one of the most popular tailgating spots in the whole league. All the parking lots have enough room where you can play catch or games like bean bag toss. Lots of fans like to bring a canopy and lawn chairs to sit under while they grill and make food. The Brewers draw the 14th most fans to games in the whole MLB. This shows how famous the stadium is even though it is one of the smaller market teams. This shows the importance the stadium is to everyone in the state of Wisconsin by ranking above many other teams that may be better or be a higher market team (Bizjournals.com). 

Something that draws attention from all around the league is the world-famous Sausage Race and Bernie Brewer's slide. Something that doesn’t happen at any other stadiums. The famous Racing Sausages represent the Klement's Sausage company. Even if you are at the game for the other team, the away fans still stand just to experience the racing sausages. The names of the sausages are Bratwurst, Polish Sausage, Italian Sausage, Hot Dog, and Chorizo. I always find myself rooting for my personal favorite, Chorizo. This event started in the early 90’s and has lasted ever since. Bernie Brewer's slide is something that the stadium has just because it is different from any other stadium. Bernie slides down the slide after every Brewers home run at home games. Along with Bernie going down the slide, fireworks also go off to celebrate the team. During this time all Brewers fans stand and cheer to show support of their favorite team. These are two of the best events that happen at the Brewers games. These are also two of my favorite things to see happen when I attend a Brewers game. Another famous thing at Brewers games is the food. The Brewers are known for their world famous sausages. The Brewers stadium is the only stadium to sell more sausages than hot dogs. Along with all those choices there are also restaurants including The Restaurant to be Named Later. This is a restaurant that allows you to eat and watch the game from in it. Another thing that the stadium has is a retractable roof. The Brewers are one of seven teams to have a roof. These roofs are perfect to not only keep some heat away on warm days, but also to allow the team to still play on bad weather days. This allows the Brewers to be able to play any day or time of the season (Hogg, Curt). 

Overall American Family Field is one of the most famous places in the state of Wisconsin because of the team and all the activities around. Along with the baseball game there is always something you can find to do. This is always an enjoyable game because of all the things that you can do along with watching the game. Whether it is tailgating before the game or if its getting some of the most popular food in all of the MLB. 

Wrote about my good experiences at American Family Field.