The future | Teen Ink

The future

Dear, Self 

I hope you are still playing the game you love, Hope you are still pushing yourself to be better. Even though you might think it doesn’t get any better trust me it does you just have to get through this hard part then everything will line up. Yes, your coaches still call you Mas and Williams even though you don’t like when they call you that you still answer to it. I still, listen to Whisky glasses before every game to remind myself it’s just a game and have fun with it. My walk-up song is still “The real slim shady” to pay tribute to the one who gave us that nickname. The person who gave us that name try’s to come to every game but it’s weird we seem to play better when she is there so make her come to as many games as possible and yes she did come back 5 years later. You also get to play against your friend Druw Jones and your team ends up losing because you got thrown out at home by Druw to win the game so you are not that mad. You also get to compete in the home run derby against your hearo Christion Yelech and you get crushed beasecs he is a beast but you got his bat he won with and it was sighed. You also get rewarded the Golden glove reword with the “dream Team” which includes all of the best players for their position and the team ends up winning over the Dimimacin republic in the finals. You also got a big sighing bonus so you were able to buy our parents their dream house and you bought the house down the road so your kids can ride their bikes there like you always dreamed of. Just remember it’s just a game so play every game like it’s your last and have fun with it beacase when you have fun play really well so take advantage of the last 2 years of high school and go make history and win the state championship 2 years in a row. After your junier year, you will get the opportunity of a lifetime a full-ride scholarship to Gorga university wear you start all 4 years. Our girlfriend’s parents try to make it to every home game and we made it a tradition to take a picture with each other after every game we won we put them all in a photo book and you give it to your wife as a wedding gift with stories and messages under every picture. Even though it might not seem like her parents liked us during freshman year of high school but we talked one night about that year and they only had good things to say about us BUT the one thing they wish we didn’t do was give up so easily on the relationship they wish we keeped fighting to stay with her but I told them “I didn’t know any better” they understood and don’t blame us. Her parents are very comfortable living in Gorga because we go live next to them during the winter so we get to spend a lot of time with them and they love our kids. So basically you are “living the dream” you have everything you have ever wanted and you accomplished everything as well. Just remember you are a kid at heart so play your heart out and everything will get better keep grinding. 

Sincerely, 

Older you

This is a letter from older me to high school me.