Football | Teen Ink

Football

By Pajero SILVER, Krym, Delaware
Pajero SILVER, Krym, Delaware

While living in Ukraine, I had a dream to play football.  But I was not young enough, to start playing football in Ukraine. In Ukraine, and everywhere football academy would not take you if you were older than 12 (at most), because most football players start practicing football at about 6 or 8. So, I stopped trying. But in Albania I got my chance.
I was at home getting ready for my first training. I have a big love of football since my childhood.  When I was small, I watched  football matches a lot with my dad. My dad came home to drive me to training. We drove for about 15 minutes, and when we arrived, I saw the academy. There were 3 big field on the hill, something  I had never saw in Ukraine. We went to the coach and asked him. He told me to join training. On the next day, I told the coach that I'm goalkeeper by the way. He told the goalkeeper's coach to take me with him.
The goalkeepers coach took me to the 1st field, I saw 2 different teams, and goalkeepers. When I come up on 1st field, the first thing the coach teaches me is how to warm up before training. Before I went there, I didn’t even realize that goalkeepers also should warmup, but if you think more than second it make sense, because when goalkeeper jumps, he can injure hand, or if he play with legs, he can injury them. It was first with hand then with legs and then with no movements stretching.
After a month of training, I become better, but still not great. My teammates didn’t like me in that moment, they said that I'm too bad in goal
I played well for the next two months till February, when I lost my condition and played badly for a few weeks. In the next month April 16, I played well, I return to my old condition and played well, even played my first match.
Play a match was like my goal which I wanted to do all my life.
I arrived in10:30, when match was in 11:30. I came early to warm-up and prepare for the match, got my thoughts together for the match. While match made a few saves, once saved 1v1, and one from a free kick. Unfortunately, we lost 4;3 because of my mistake on the free kick, in the last 10 minutes of the match. Coach didn’t tell me anything about it. But I knew what my mistake was, and I worked harder to become better.

My training is 1.5 hours, sometimes intensive, sometimes not. Without training I played bad, and after I skipped a week, after next training all my body hurt. I try to not skip training, also because I like them, I don’t know how some people don’t like training, but I like them so much. And after training I have training with the team when they do shots or match on half of field. So, on my opinion trainings do you stronger, and how does Nietzsche said, “what doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.”
My mistakes were because it was my first match and sometimes, I didn’t know how to play, some mistakes were made.