Who's winning the stanley cup this year? | Teen Ink

Who's winning the stanley cup this year?

By lukelheureux BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
lukelheureux BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey

The hockey playoffs have come to the last 2 rounds. The remaining teams in the Western Conference are the Dallas Stars and the Edmonton Oilers. The Eastern Conference teams in contention are the New York Rangers and the Florida Panthers. The most favored team to win the conference and the cup is the Florida Panthers. Their odds are +130 to win the finals, and -550 to win the series. Top to bottom they are a great playoff team, bringing physicality while also bringing skill. Their biggest symbol of that is forward and assistant captain, Matthew Tkachuk. Between Tkachuk, Sergey Bobrovsky, and Alex Barkov, they are stacked. They also made it very far last season, defying expectations by beating the historic 1-seed Bruins, they also made it to the finals as an 8th seed in the conference. They would later be defeated by Vegas in the finals, falling short of their ultimate goal, the Stanley Cup. The team with the second-best odds is the Dallas Stars. They are -120 to win their series and +250 to win the finals. Their team stars Jake Oettinger, who has been phenomenal in the playoffs thus far. To add to that, their star defenceman, Miro Heiskanen, has the most points out of any defencemen in these playoffs. Both series have been battles. The Panthers are up 3-2 in the series (3 of those 5 games going into overtime), and game 6 is headed to Florida. The Oilers and Stars are tied 2-2 and have game 5 at Dallas. All ten of the ESPN experts voted for Florida to win the cup and Sergei Bobrovsky is the best goalie in the playoffs. He has built up a .915 save percentage in 18 playoff games this year. There is no telling who’s winning the cup this year, but I believe the Panthers will win because of their superior goaltending.