1990 Baseball Cards | Teen Ink

1990 Baseball Cards MAG

This is a review of the 1990 baseball card sets. The highest rating is four stars.

1. Topps , These cards are very colorful. The borders are spectacular. The photo quality is very good. The backs have full statistics. There are 792 cards in a set. The value is $24. HHHH

2. Score - The front design for these cards is much better than last year's. The photo quality is superb. The backs are tied with Upper Deck for the best in the business. The backs feature a photo of the player's face in color, and full stats. There are 704 cards in the set. The value is $24. HHHH

3. Donruss - Donruss has very attractive fronts. The borders are speckled with color. As always, the thickness of the paper is lousy. The backs do not give full stats. 716 cards in a set. The value is $24. HHH

4. Upper Deck - The front design of these cards hasn't changed much since last year. The photo quality is superior to the other cards. The backs are tied with Score for the best. Although the backs do have full color action photos, they do not show compete stats. 700 cards in a set. Value is $40. HH

5. Fleer - The front design for these cards is boring. Photo quality is okay. The backs have full stats. 60 cards in a set. Value is $24. HH

Overall, it looks like a good year for baseball cards. n