NFL Halftime Report | Teen Ink

NFL Halftime Report

January 18, 2011
By august miller SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
august miller SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The article written by Stefan Fatsis was about letting NFL football player play the game of football even though it’s dangerous. The game of football requires a football player go out and risk their lives every week. The author says this is the reason why people watch the game because the game is so exciting. People loves watching events were people take risks. We try to stay safe as possible but we are never actually truly safe and that is what makes life so exciting; for this reason is why people love watching football because it’s dangerous says the author. The next paragraph talks about how the writer used to play football for the Denver broncos and what football has taught him. Football has taught him when in chaos your body has to react to what is coming at you. These reactions must be refined though practice. These practices have given the author a clear mind in a bad situation and he can just react to the problem at hand. He says football is an escape for some people because of its fast acting and explosiveness; Even if it is a game of the good, the bad, and the ugly.

This article was exactly what I like about football. The excitement of the game and the unpredictable plays is what draws me in to watching the game. “And no matter what, the game goes on. The game always goes on. And that’s why people love it” This is a quote from the article and it’s talking about how the football player will go all out and get hurt just because they love doing it. I think this show passion and heart for the game and shows what you can do with your life only if you have some drive behind it. Everybody should be allowed to play football because football teaches you how you are only one person and you are never better than another person. You have to have great respect to play football and that is another key lesson that could be learned from football. When the author talks about refining his skill, I totally agree with what he is saying because football does put you in a bad situation but you always have to find a way to get out of it or you never will. You have to focus on the task in front of you and beat it before you can do anything else. I love the authors tone in this article because to me it feel like a football coach giving a speech before a big game and getting you pumped and ready to play. This article is what I love about football and that is why this article is what I choose and why it is good article.