Crystal Mountain | Teen Ink

Crystal Mountain

It was dawn and very cold. I was wearing a winter coat, a hat, gloves, goggles, snow pants, and boots. I went outside and I strapped on my snowboard and went down the hill. Riding down the powder was like riding on a cloud.

It was so fluffy but it was cold. (But it won't stay that way for long) so I sped up to get to the chair lift which felt like an eternity to reach to the top. So when I finally reached the top, I went down the hill to the half pipe. When I reached there the half pipe was covered in powder. So I went up and did a nose grab and came down. Then I went down and went back up then right when I did my Indy I lost control and fell.

My parents saw me fall and told me, “You need to go inside to rest for a while.”

“No I'm not going inside because I'm fine.” Gees why would my parents tell me that they know I fall all the time so why would this time be any different.

Then it was dark but I didn't care so I just kept on going down the hill. Then at the hotel my mom told my brother to tell me to come in and he told my mom “ya mom just give me a megaphone and some earplugs and I'll do it.”

“Just do it,” my mom told him.

So when I was in the middle of a run I saw my brother and he told me that I had to come in to pack so I went in and packed and the next morning we were off to go home. (That trip was more fun as a soccer tournament in Chicago.)