The Penguins Keep Winning | Teen Ink

The Penguins Keep Winning

Despite Malkin’s Injury the Penguins continue their 9th straight win. The win came against The Bruins Sunday afternoon.
Sidney Crosby scored his 13th goal, Joe Vitale added his first in more than a year, and Tomas Vokoun stopped 31 shots as the Penguins beat the Boston Bruins 2-1 on Sunday for their ninth straight win.
"It seems like it’s always different guys, so that's what you need in order to have success consistently. We've been getting that lately," Crosby said. "Our depth is a big part of our success. We need to continue to show that."
"They played pretty sound defensively, you've got to give them that even though their top guys (were out)," Marchand said. "That makes it a little bit tough to play against, but we've got to find a way."
Before the streak started, the Penguins had lost 2 Straight games by at Least 2 Goals in each game. Also the Pens were barely over .500 with a 13-8 before this 9 game streak began on the 2nd of March.
The Penguins look to go for 10 straight wins at home Tuesday versus the Washington Capitals. Then they look for 11 straight Friday in New York versus the Islanders.