Basketball Going for State Title | Teen Ink

Basketball Going for State Title

The Arrowhead’s boys basketball is currently is 13-3 and has only lost one conference game to Catholic Memorial. Arrowhead’s other two losses have come to Brookfield Central and Germantown.

The last time Arrowhead made it to state was 2010 when Arrowhead defeated Madison Memorial in the state title game. Arrowhead has made it to state twice in school history. The other time was in 2006, when Arrowhead ended up losing in the semifinals.

Arrowhead has a strong team this season and has played through key injuries. At the beginning of the season, starting senior guard DJ Escamilla was out with a shoulder injury. Escamilla worked hard and had the confidence to get back before his scheduled return date.

Matt Clavette, a senior at Arrowhead, says, “The student section sucks, we don’t have any fans. I think our chants are weak and our students need to get more involved, especially when the game is close. Even though I am usually the head gator, I need to improve my gatoring talents also.”

To get to the playoffs, Arrowhead will have a tough road to the playoffs. Arrowhead will have to get through Germantown, who is currently on a 44-game win streak. They defeated Arrowhead 100-47 early in the season.

Even though Germantown is on a streak, Arrowhead has been a real tough team this season. Arrowhead has beaten some very good teams this year, including Milwaukee Riverside, Wisconsin Lutheran, Homestead, Catholic Memorial, Mukwonago, Bay Port, and Waukesha West.

Arrowhead has a powerful senior class with eight seniors, and all are returning players. Arrowhead will have a tough road to state. But it will be an exciting and fun ride in the playoffs.

ambber BRONZE said...
ambber BRONZE, Newfoundland, Pennsylvania
i think you should at least go to collage for NBA for 2 years. it's not fair the the others who went to collage for 3 years. when people who dont go to collage and are on the NBA team should go to collage like the rest. if everyone went to collage there wouldnt be a problem.To go to the NBA people  should go to collage.