Basketball | Teen Ink

Basketball

By Nasheem BRONZE, Milwaukeee, Wisconsin
Nasheem BRONZE, Milwaukeee, Wisconsin

The Indiana Pacers are 46-3 they have the best record in the NBA. My favorite basketball team is the Minnesota Timberwolves. They have a good power forward Kevin Love. He is the best Power Forward in the league. Damian Lillard is becoming a very good point guard. The Portland Trail blazer are 10-2. The Portland Trail Blazers have developed a big four with Damian Lillard, LaMarcus Aldridge, Wesley Matthews, and Nicolas Batum. Oklahoma City Thunder are the best team in the western Conference. they are 45-15. they have been challenged by injury of Russell Westbrook who is back now. they are now missing one of their bested defensive players Thabo Sefolosha and Caron Butler.

Finals

There were many NBA Finals. My favorite series was the Miami Heat vs the San Antonio Spurs. Lebron got sweeped when he was on the Cleveland Cavaliers. This would be the Heat’s third appearance in a row and second win with LeBron. There was an amazing step back three pointer to win the fourth game. People thought last year was the Spurs last year of eligibility to win the Finals. Another great Finals was the Boston Celtics and the Los Angeles Lakers. This rivalry has shown up many time in NBA history. With Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain;Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. In 2008 it was Ray allen Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett vs Kobe Bryant. They are all Hall of Famers.

Injury

There were many injuries last year. One of the biggest injuries was Russell Westbrook. The Oklahoma City Thunder showed their true colors when they lost Russell. He was a very important piece offensively for them. They couldn’t win without him. Another injury lost was Derrick Rose They made a terrific run against the Brooklyn Nets and The Miami Heat in the Playoffs. Nate Robinson contributed a lot of points to the win against the Nets. Some more Injuries were Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio last year for the Timberwolves. These where probably their two best offensive players. Rajon Rondo is also injured. This is a very severe injury because they lost Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, Jason Terry and Paul Pierce. They got Chris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, and Kelly Olynyk.