Brazil's Tragedy in the World Cup | Teen Ink

Brazil's Tragedy in the World Cup

By jvelazquez6405 BRONZE, Mt Prospect, Illinois
jvelazquez6405 BRONZE, Mt Prospect, Illinois

It was a nice clear sky day on July 8th 2014 as I woke up very excited to see the World Cup semi-final games today. I was extremely excited for the Germany v Brazil games. As Germany was a good and strong team being most likely to win. As Brazil was the host of the World Cup so you know they were going to put up a fight and try to out play the a team that was more likely to win the cup. The game is about to start I ordered some pizza from Papa Johns and it was nice and fresh. I also got a Pepsi drink with me as it was as cold as ice. The first ten minutes go by as Germany already advances their lead 1-0. Not even 2 minutes later and Germany scores another goal as everyone is stunned that they scored back to back. The next goal comes in at the 20th minute making it 3-0 very quickly as Brazil National team seems to be defeated. the next 25 minutes for Brazil are devastating as Germany is able to score 2 more goals. By the half time its already 5-0 as Brazil players look defeated and lost as a puppy on his first walk. All over the news everyone is talking about what Brazil can possibly do to come back from a 5-0 and how Germany is playing there best game so far. They return to the field. Germany starts with the ball as only a couple seconds go by making it 6-0 already. Next 20 minutes nothing amazingly happens as in the 70th minute Brazil makes there first goal and it will be there last in the game as well. Germany answers back with a goal making it now 7-1 in favor of Germany. The whole stadium watches as the final seconds of the game come to an end. I knew it was going to be a good game but I was not expecting this and no one else would of imagine a score like this. The whistle is blown as the whole stadium is silent as they watched what would go down in history to be one of the worst defeat in the world cup history. I my self sit in silence and taken in what I just witnessed.