California Dream | Teen Ink

California Dream

By 2022981 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
2022981 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

My first experience in California was at the beach. It was my first time ever seeing the ocean. Since I was young I don’t remember much. It's very surprising that I remember this vacation because I have a really bad memory. One thing I remember about the beach was the soft sand on my feet. It reminded me of the sandpit in my own backyard. The ocean water was slightly warmer than the lakes back home in Minnesota. Surprisingly I don't remember the palm trees which I think is bizarre because I love trees. The ocean is one of the many reasons why I want to move to California in the future. There probably way to many reasons why I want to live there but some include big cities, owning a house/apartment, national parks. Which are all things I love about California.

My top reason for wanting to move to California is the big cities. Many people don't like big cities but I surprisingly do.  I did not grow up in a big city. And I rarely visit them which some probably would find crazy. One reason I love big cities is because of the tall buildings. I feel like they just tie into the city perfectly, that's what makes a city beautiful in my eyes. But as much as I like the tall building, I don’t think I would ever go to the top because I have acrophobia ( the fear of heights). Another thing I like about big cities are the shops. I'm pretty much like most girls when I say I love shopping. A big city would give me plenty of opportunities to do just that. Lastly, I like noise because usually I can't stand silence. I love anything from honking cars to airplanes soaring above. This leads me to my next reason why I want to move to California, apartments.

Although I wouldn't mind living in the cities I would rather live in a nice neighborhood. I hope that when moving to California, I will be able to build my own home. I know that this requires a lot of work but I’m willing to do it. My dream is personalizing my own home. All the time I find myself looking at houses for what I want in the future. Although I know it will be a while I’m very excited to own a home. Another thing I look forward to havings neighbors. Growing up I was really close with my neighbors. Therefore I’m looking forward to having neighbors. I also love decorating and organizing which kind of ties in personalizing. But I’m always told that I’m very creative and would love to put my creativity to use on my very own home. I would love to live in a neighborhood with a lot of palm trees.

One thing that I love to do is go to national parks and I know that California is home to many of them. Like I said before, I can not stand quiet most of the time and the birds and bugs sounds at national parks are just what I need to be out of silence. I’ve also said that I love trees. Trees are really awesome and California is home to the tallest tree and oldest tree. That's really interesting to me. I really look forward to being able to see those trees. Although I like sound, I also like to be relaxed. I feel very relaxed when I go on hikes. And overall moving to California will give me many opportunities to visit national parks.

The main reasons that I love California are because of  the oceans, big cities, houses, and national parks. After learning all these cool things about California, I really want to move there. My first family vacation there was so fun and I hope to take my family in the future too. There’s many quotes about California but my favorite is “ California is a paradise” which I personally think is really true and I believe that the people that live there are so lucky. Also I think that the people of California are blessed with many opportunities and I would also love to be blessed with that too.