The City That Never Sleeps | Teen Ink

The City That Never Sleeps

April 25, 2019
By charchar3 BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana
charchar3 BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Whenever someone asks me my favorite place, I instantly think of New York City. I grew up watching so many movies and tv shows that are set in New York City, and all of the perfectly described it. I first went there when I was five and I will never forget being in a cab driving through the Lincoln Tunnel and seeing all of the city. My favorite parts of New York City are the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Central Park, and Broadway. Seeing all of those places really make you feel like your in a movie. From all of the cars honking in Times Square to seeing the long lines out of Broadway theatres, I love it all.

The first reason I love New York City is the Statue of Liberty. The Statue of Liberty is this big green statue of Ellis Island in New York. The Statue is of a woman holding a torch and tablet. The statue represents freedom which is one of the things our country is known for. It is so beautiful and breathtaking. It always reminds me of how we live in a country where we are free.

The second reason I love New York City is Central Park. I’m someone who really likes to relax and have alone time and Central Park is an amazing place to do that. The beautiful trees and lakes are so gorgeous and relaxing. It is a great place to wind down from all of the hustle and bustle of the big city.

Lastly, I love New York City for Broadway. I feel like Broadway is one of those everybody knows about. Whenever I go to the city I always try to see a play or musical. The music and stories are always so moving and entertaining. They always leave me feeling so happy and they always leave a big impact on me.

I love New York City for many reasons, but the most important to me are the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, and Broadway. I love the Statue of Liberty for how beautiful it is and how patriotic it is. Central Park is one of those places you love for how peaceful and gorgeous it is. It is a really relaxing place to go when your in the big city. Lastly, I love New York City for Broadway. Whenever I go to a Broadway show I always feel so happy and like I can take on the world. I love New York City for so many reasons, but my favorites are the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, and Broadway.