Saint JHN on the Road to Fame | Teen Ink

Saint JHN on the Road to Fame

By VasilijeN GOLD, Tirana, Other
VasilijeN GOLD, Tirana, Other

Eyy uhh ahh ooh lil pomp.
-Lil 🅱️ump

Saint JHN is a hip-hop artist from Brooklyn, New York. Although he is from Brooklyn, he visited Guyana a lot. His stage name, Saint JHN, is reflective of his real name, Carlos St. John. Like many up-and-coming rappers and hip-hop artists, he gained a little fame very quickly through his first album called Collection I.

He grew up in the streets of Brooklyn, and like many kids at the time, he listened to many of the hip-hop artists available, but he also had a knack for Caribbean and Reggae music; consequently, his music has a very slight resemblance of the categories. He often listened to those genres. While he drew most of his inspiration from hip-hop, it is a nice touch to have a little more diversity in his music, especially since today's hip-hop artists tend to be redundant. There is also a need from the listeners, that if an artist isn’t mainstream enough, then he isn’t good enough. That has caused problems for him gaining fame. But he still believes that he can become a superstar one day.

The reviews on his album, Collection I, have been positive, along with huge recommendations and props to the artist. Each song in the album sounds different, creating a wide range of listeners. One review said: “The uniqueness of Saint JHN’s song structures and vocal tone is a large part of what makes him a dynamic artist.” I Agree with this because every song in his album sounds unique, different from one another, and has an aspect of another genre in it. There are many more reviews, and one statistic that says that there were 50 million streams of his album. His rise to fame doesn’t seem so far away now, but there is still a long way to go. He had been recognized by a very popular hip-hop artist Lil Baby. They later made a song together which was a hit. This really seemed like a headstart for Saint JHN.

Saint JHN had said in an interview that he wouldn’t stop until he became a superstar, and said that 2019 is going to be his year, while making a new albums with features of very popular artists like Meek Mill, and Lil Baby. And there are more to be revealed in the future of his career.

The first album he will release is Ghetto Lenny’s Love Songs for Christians, which has the features listed above, and already has fans at the edge of their seats as the album will be released in April. He later stated in another interview that Collection II is in the making, and will have features ‘with some friends that you know, and some friends that you’re less than familiar with’, he said in an interview.
It is this quick rise to fame and uniqueness that sets him aside from everyone else and and makes him and his music enjoyable. I believe that 2019 is going to be a very successful year for Saint JHN as he received the credit he worked so hard to gain and will gain more. He is on a one way trip to becoming a superstar in no time.

Redundancy and ‘looking cool’ will get you so far, but uniqueness is a very strong asset to have when you strive for success.