Disney Fantasy Description Essay | Teen Ink

Disney Fantasy Description Essay

By Sydneyhopev BRONZE, Peoria, Arizona
Sydneyhopev BRONZE, Peoria, Arizona

As the humidity and fresh smell of the air invoke my senses, I know I have arrived in my sanctuary. I see bright faces all around and families who have departed for the trip of a lifetime. I climb the sparkling stairs onto the coach where the cool air conditioning blows my hair as I sit down next to the round porthole shaped window. Goosebumps appear on my arms and legs as my body fills with excitement. As we embark on our ride, everyone sits in anticipation waiting to see the red stacks peeking out from above the treetops. We reach a large translucent structure that is stained blue like the ocean. The inside conveys a nautical theme with subtle waves. In front of me sits a floating hotel, an amusement park on the water, and my home on the ocean. With red smoke stacks, yellow lifeboats, and white and black trim along the edges. She sits 14 decks high and is so long that my eyes could wander forever. Inside, I begin to walk through the large black and yellow trimmed ears that bring me to paradise. 

I walk into a grand space that is the main focal point of this city on the water. It smells like the freshly cleaned linens you have just grabbed out of the dryer and want to envelop yourself in forever.  The radiant and elegant colors spread throughout this marvelous space flowing from blue to pink, and then to green like a peacock spreading its wings. The gorgeous gold accents that trace along the pillars and balconies of this area complement the giant chandelier that hangs in the center. A breathtaking staircase descends from overhead circling down to the center of the entryway, and a  bronze statue sits at the bottom. The transparent glass elevators are outlined with a whimsical gold pattern that contributes to the elegance of this space. There is laughter and happiness that beams in the air as those arriving are told “welcome home”. 

I walk into a theatre, and my eyes are drawn to  the red and gold that span the entire two decks of this space. I feel the red velvet chairs that are placed ever so slightly so that each can have clear sight of the stage ahead, and ready to be captivated by the show that awaits them. The smell of cologne and perfume fills the air from the night before. While looking at the large stage, ones mind wanders to the millions of productions that have been put on, and stories that have been shared. I think about the tears shed, and laughter shared within this theatre as a Disney story is told to several generations at a time. As the performers sing, the sound reverberates off the walls and echoes throughout the air. The sound is so intimidating, one feels as though they have been immersed in the production. I can tell this is no ordinary theatre, this is the Walt Disney Theatre. 

On deck eleven mid ship sits the place where children and parents can have fun together. It is perfect for anyone wanting to cool down or join in the fun, sun filled activities.  The pool and family play area spans two decks high, and is an area that can draw any one towards it. There are sounds of children running as their small feet go pitter-patter on the hot teak deck. The water continues to splash as the littlest of kids have giant cannonball competitions with each other, and the sound of happy screams and laughter bounce off the white painted pillars. As the giant big screen television, better known as the funnel vision, plays a disney movie overhead; the smell of chlorine and sunscreen fill the air. Above this lower deck sits a clear tube filled with water. Known as the Aquaduck, this water coaster takes one up, down, around, and even over the side of the ship. While riding, one gets the thrill of being able to look down at the ocean, wave to family sitting on the blue lounge chairs by the pool, and have fun shooting down the side of the ship getting a view like no other. Excited screams can be heard as riders depart on a water filled adventure. 

Above everything else sits a serene location specifically for adults. Satellite Falls is where one can lounge in the plush, white cloth chairs; while sunbathing, reading a book, or admiring the sea below. In the middle of the area sits a large round structure with water falling down into a shallow pool. The falling water sounds like rain,  and gives its listeners a sense of absolute peace and relaxation. The ones that spend time here are able to escape reality into a carefree world with no worries or responsibilities. At night, adults can walk up here and hear the sound of the waves hitting the side of the ship as they stare at the bright yellow moon that hits the line where the sky meets the sea.

This floating oasis is one like no other. This is where memories and friendships are made that will last a lifetime. This is where delight and enjoyment happen. And this is where beauty and class mix to form a classic vessel. This is the Disney Fantasy. 

I love to travel and go on cruises. This is a descriptive essay about the Disney Cruise ship.