May Newsletter 2009 | Teen Ink

May Newsletter 2009

By Madi182 BRONZE, Callahan, Florida
Madi182 BRONZE, Callahan, Florida

May. A real eye opener. A month where prayers have been answered, and lives have been changed. For me, this month has been a time to really get things straightened out. A time to sit back and look at my situation from many angles. It is very easy to "wallow in self pity" when you move away from your friends. However, this month, I feel like God has given me... I don't know if you could say, "answers," but some hope to hang on to. He once again is trying to give me that peace he gave me when we were in language school. Truthfully, the hard part in it all, is to welcome the peace He is trying to give you. He has it out stretched in front of you, but your mind doesn't want to give in, while your heart seems to ache from wanting to grab it. It's almost like you have to go out of your comfort zone to get it, and you don't want to reach for it. You become ensconced in that comfort zone. So, when you finally have the peace he offered you, it makes the reaching and waiting all worth while.
love always
madison

My family and I are missionaries to Honduras, and this is one of my articles from our monthly newsletters. It got many comments on it so I thought i would share this with you!