Family Fun at Bali | Teen Ink

Family Fun at Bali

November 24, 2022
By dmage1 BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other
dmage1 BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Bali

The Land of the Gods is one synonym for Bali, the westernmost of the Lesser Sunda Islands, Indonesia. This is a fitting name, as when I and my family landed in Bali, the first thing I noticed was the abundance of statues of gods all over the airport. Another feature of the airport is that all the signs were written in English, with Indonesian above it in smaller writing. I assume this is because of the number of English-speaking travellers that visit Bali. I noticed that, due to Bali being at the equator, the air was warm and humid.

As I walked out of the airport, I felt the air suddenly become hot and polluted. We began our walk to the hotel and along the way, we exchanged our cash for their currency. The coins felt dirty, unclean, and greasy. I also saw that the roads had no traffic lights and were filled with motorbikes. A few minutes later we arrived at Hard Rock Café and checked in.

 

The front of Hard Rock Café, Bali

The first thing I was amazed at was that the hotel was massive, and it took a long walk to our room. The room itself had two double beds, a flat-screen tv mounted on the wall, and a balcony to look over all of Bali. Soon after settling down in our room, we headed down to the Café itself to eat lunch.

It was a large Café with many tables and a wide variety of foodstuffs, and you could walk up to the food and choose whatever you want. The options were overwhelming, and after thinking for a while, I chose sausages and pancakes. However, before I could sit down to eat, I glimpsed out of the window and saw the biggest pool I had ever seen in my entire life.

 

The pool

The pool was the size of two football fields right next to each other and running parallel to the stairs down to the pool, six waterslides were flowing into it. It had crystal clear water and very few people. I finished my sausages and pancakes, which tasted quite delicious, and then ran quickly to my room. I ran back down and dived in and, from one corner of the pool, swam across to the opposite corner. But when I reached that corner, I saw a small waterpark, which for some strange reason was empty of people. After a long time of swimming, I went back to my room to relax.

I was informed the hotel had a specialised gaming room intended purely for teens. It had 6 Xboxes and a movie theatre that no one used. After gaming for a long time, we then went to a mall and saw a bench with a Lego construction of a guy sitting on it. It appeared to be protected as, although I didn’t see any security, it didn’t seem to have any damage at all.

I was saddened when I found out we had to go home, but that just shows how good this place is. I enjoyed the food, pool, and gaming room, the only downside is that “The Land of the Gods” didn’t live up to its name, but overall, I’d say it was a good visit for me, and it will be for you too.