Barcelona, Dive Into A Cultural World Of Fun And Fury | Teen Ink

Barcelona, Dive Into A Cultural World Of Fun And Fury

By Dumpug22 BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other
Dumpug22 BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other

Nathael Devos (13) experienced the best of the Ciudad Condal (Barcelona in Spanish) for culture seekers

Welcome to Barcelona!

Are you looking for an amazing cultural city in Europe? A family trip or maybe you’re a culturally loving teen bursting to get out of home and do something. If so, then look at the bustling city of Barcelona. Located just on the edge of the Mediterranean Sea, neighbour to Portugal, Barcelona is a city with an abundance of eye-opening culture and spectacular architecture.

Barcelona is a city in the middle of Spain. It is a place to admire, taste, and feel the culture everywhere around you.

One of the most famous and spectacular monuments in Barcelona is the Sagrada Familia; a massive cathedral where you can walk in and look at the unique infrastructure and beautiful glass mosaics.

There is also Park Güel. When you first enter the park, you immediately realize that this is a spot for many things; to meditate, admire the view and architecture, and let your mind and soul wander, but the absolute best thing is the animation around the park. There were people blowing bubbles, playing music and multiple mini circuses. Another famous piece of Gaudi’s work is the Casa Mila. It is an empty house on the inside apart from the architecture but once you put on a VR (Virtual Reality) Headset it changes everything. You can see the whole inside. The outside of the Casa Mila is awkward, and it looks as if a 3-year-old combined a bunch of Lego pieces. One of the best things about Barcelona is a market called: Mercat De La Boqueria, where you get to admire all the food but mostly eat it! The market is as if you were looking at a sea of rainbows. There were hundreds of colourful seafood, lollies, and tropical fruit.

A night in Barcelona is often cloudy and noisy so if you are a star gazer it is not the best place to go however the weather succumbs it is rare for the sky of Barcelona to rain two days in a row during the wettest season of the year. If you go right into the city as we did, you will find it quite bunched up.

A night in Barcelona is like a night in Paris there are lights everywhere if I had to name the second city of lights it would be Barcelona.

Overall, a trip to Barcelona is an incredible thing. Carlos Ruiz Zafon even quoted “Barcelona is a very old city in which you can feel the weight of its history; it is haunted by history. You cannot walk around it without perceiving it.”

Are you ready to go and taste pure culture?

This is a term 4 assessment in English in Australia.