The Sunshine Coast, make lifetime memories | Teen Ink

The Sunshine Coast, make lifetime memories

By EamonB BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other
EamonB BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other

Eamon Butcherine discovers the Sunshine Coast full of great times.

Explore a tropical paradise on the warm Southeast coast of Australia. There are so many things to do from going to the huge Sunshine Plaza or watching crocodiles at Australia Zoo.

There is also a vast selection of accommodation options from beachfront resorts to Hinterland hotels. The average cost is around $70 USD.

if you’re looking for a delicious treat head over to bunnings warehouse and grab a sausage or drive along the Mooloolaba Esplanade and stop for some local craft beer or fish and chips.

If you’re looking for a more historical experience, you could go to Yandina the oldest town on the Sunshine Coast founded in 1870 or you could go to the Queensland Air Museum and look at a wide range of aircraft from still in service fighter jets to enormous jumbo jets.

Some interesting facts about the Sunshine Coast are it was once named “The Near North Coast” Another fact is the

traditional owners are the Kabi Kabi peoples and the jinibara peoples.

If you’re looking for some souvenirs go to the Eumundi Markets, there are many great things at the markets like delicious street food or handmade jewellery and toys.

The weather on the Sunshine Coast is usually warm, the temperate in Summer is around 82°F and in Winter around 68°F.

There are so many special events for teenagers to do on the Sunshine Coast, from the Nambour show to new years fireworks.

The geography of the Sunshine Coast is very different in certain places from beach cliff sides to huge mountains.

One of my favourite memories of The Sunshine Coast is once when I went to a beach with my family, and we found this little opening in a mangroves part of the beach and there was a tire swing. It was so much fun, and I had a great time.

The locals on The Sunshine Coast are very friendly and welcoming. I would recommend coming to the Sunshine Coast in either Spring or Summer as that is the warmest and best time to enjoy the beaches. If you’re a bit worried about your safety don’t the crime rate on the Sunshine Coast is very low so there is no need to worry about these types of things.

The public transport on the Sunshine Coast is very cheap with there being lots of taxis and buses everywhere and free

This was a Term four assessment.