My First Time Going On a Plane | Teen Ink

My First Time Going On a Plane

September 17, 2008
By Anonymous

My heart was pounding as I walked through the doors of the Jacksonville airport. My sister had called me and invited me to come to Florida two weeks before. Walking through the automatic doors I enter the airport for the first time on my own. My fear was overwhelming as I got closer and closer.

I got up that morning to make sure that my bag was all packed for the trip. I walked out the garage door to go to my mom’s work. Mom and I got in to her’s silver Aspen and we drove to her work. When we got to my mom’s work I went in to her office and went to lie down on her couch to take a short nap. So when I woke up it was time to go to the airport

I was clutching to my bag as I walked up to the counter to get my ticket. I had to wait in line to get my ticket and then get my bag checked. I was thankful to have my dad with me because he helped me calm down. Dad and I sat down to wait for the boarding call. Then I heard it “flight 395 to Atlanta, George is now boarding.” After I handed this little old man, my ticket I got on the plane.

The flight attendant, who was wearing a blue dress with a red bow, said,” Welcome aboard flight 395 to Atlanta.” I sat down and I thought that I was going to be sitting by myself but then this man come and sat right beside me and fell asleep. He was like in his 30’s. There were two kids that sat beside me in the other seats on the other side of aisle. The engines roared as I got more and more scared. The plane started to move down the run way. My hands started to shake as the plane got faster and faster down the runway. So then finally we were in the air and that’s when I calmed down. One hour and fifteen minutes later I was on the ground. When I landed in Atlanta I realized I was going to have to do it all over again. I had to wait till everyone was off the plane for me to get off, and then run quickly to catch my next flight.


Even though I was nervous I still got through it.
If I do go on a another trip in an air planes I wont be nervous.