Le Sacré-Cœur | Teen Ink

Le Sacré-Cœur

April 23, 2014
By OakwoodCat GOLD, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
OakwoodCat GOLD, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
16 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
― C.S. Lewis


With three domes gracing the climax of this beautiful building, Le Sacré-Cœur is the leading attraction of the charming country of France. Many people have raved about it’s stunning features. A tourist from the UK describes it as, “Paris’ Secret Heart” by saying: “The Sacre-Coeur is beautiful, truly stunning. Perched atop a hill it is worth the steep climb to reach it. Wonderfully lit and beautiful artworks.” Betty B, from England, writes: “an amazing view of Paris. It makes you appreciate how big, busy paris is.” These are just two of the numerous reports of how delightful this basilica is. Sacre-Coeur translated to English means: Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. It is a landmark in France, made out of Travertine stone, which ensures that it will stay white even though the weather. Ever since the construction of this magnificent building in 1880, it has been a place of both beauty, and religious significance. Since 1885, there has been almost uninterrupted adoration of God in the chapel. Because of this, if you come, we ask that you dress appropriately and stay as silent as possible, so that those who have come to pray and worship in the halls will not be disturbed. Come, and experience the elegant paintings and mindblowing relics that grace the halls of this monument. Every day, we are open from 06:00 to 22:30 every day. Buses 30, 31, 80, and 85 are the buses that will be continuously driving people up here to the hill every day. We hope you stop by!