The Big City | Teen Ink

The Big City

Ever since I can remember I wanted to go to New York City. New York seems like such a cool place to go to from the way the movies portray it. The fancy, luxurious hotels would be a blast to stay at while you can get room service and a bunch of pleasurable things like that. Also you could visit really exciting things that are very famous such as Time Square. Visiting Time Square would be a really enlightening experience because it would be amazing to see at night with all the bright lights and also because of all the fame to it. Another amazing thing to do would be to visit ground zero and look at the site of the future World Trade Center Memorial. This would be a good thing to do to assure everyone that you will always remember the tragedy that occurred on September 11, 2001. Then a really big thing to do would be to go and see the Statue of Liberty. This would be awesome because it is a global icon of liberty and it was also what immigrants from Europe looked for a long time ago when they sailed here to know they have reached the land of the free. After that you could go to the top of the Empire State Building and look out at the rest of the enormous city. This would be remarkable to do at night when the city is lit up. To add on to this I would like to visit Niagara Falls which isn’t located too far from the city. The sight of Niagara Falls would make me so happy to see this beautiful creation by Mother Nature. The magnificence might even bring me to tears. After all that was done I would almost be done by visiting the Brooklyn Bridge. It is a very interesting thing. A long time ago to cross the Brooklyn Bridge you had to pay 3 cents to cross until it was completely paid for. I believed that was extremely interesting. Now for the last place I would go in New York City would be……Little Russia! I would want to go to Little Russia because I would want some of their meat pies. Although I have never been to Little Russia I have had meat pies before and they are delicious! So to conclude this imaginary journey I would like say how much of an exciting experience it would be to travel to the great city of New York.