A Treasure in Waukesha County | Teen Ink

A Treasure in Waukesha County

By k.m.strueb GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
k.m.strueb GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

There is a fantastic spot, one that can only be found in Waukesha County. On a street corner in the town of Oconomowoc lies a store the has the power to transport minds into a different world. Charming, curious, and classic can only construe the comic book store called Kowabunga.

In 2014, Kowabunga changed ownership, turning it into the dream it is today. The workers are kind, considerate, and concerned. When there, it feels like a family. Not only do the guys there work hard for their customers, but there is also an intimate feel in every bit of the shop. Kids, adolescents, and adults are all united in this shop. Each age comes together on the endless game nights that Kowabunga holds. Whether fighting dragons with each other in D&D or battling against one another in munchkin, all can enjoy the thrill of an adventure.

Also, the choices are endless. Kowabunga has as many comics as a sinister shark has teeth. But even if they do not posses the comic that a customer seeks, they will special order it in order to give readers everything they desire.
This cozy corner is a whimsical uncle, always telling outlandish, far-fetched, and breathtaking chronicles. People who visit always go back; everyone knows it’s impossible to put down a good book. Charming, compelling, and captivating are consistently used to characterize Kowabunga.