Trip to the Mackinac Island | Teen Ink

Trip to the Mackinac Island

“I learned not to over exercise.”                     

One morning the weather was sunny and it was a great day. My family and I thought that let’s go somewhere and we finally decided to a place there were no cars there were only bicycle and carriage instead of cars. If we have to reach that place we can only go in the boat because it surrounding by the river.

The river is so big;looks like a ocean. I thought that we are in the past because when we are going there we saw a bridge and the bridge is called the Mackinac Bridge. It was so huge the length of the bridge was 26,372 cm long and the height of the bridge was 522 m. We went the place called Mackinac Island.The island was huge.

From the boat we can see whole Island and Mackinac bridge.
When we reach that place we saw a  bicycles,carriages,churches,shops,motels and some houses.We thought that let's ride bicycle and look all the points.We go at the top of the Island it was hilly so our bicycle can't go up so we push our bicycle and go up and look all the points.We came down from the top of the Island. We decided to take round of the island.

We start from the place that we came first and started to ride bicycle when we are riding the bicycle we saw just married couple in the carriage we took picture with them when we go forward on the side of the lane it was like a little beach so we took rest there and take selfies with my family and we started again to ride bicycle later… when we are on the half of the island we saw the Mackinac Bridge and took picture of the bridge the bridge looks so pretty. Later… when we are almost to complete we were so tired so, we took small break we eat ice cream we all eat same flavour ice cream it was chocolate flavour 

When we finished riding bicycle my uncle said,“Let's take another round.” 
We all said loudly, “No,” and he took video the video was so funny.
We return the bicycle and we were hungry so we ate a chocolate cake.We go back in the boat and go in the car in the car all was sleeping instead of me and my father because he was driving a car and i don’t want to sleep.

Next day in the morning i was so tired and my leg was hurting i was like why they are hurting me to much and then i realize that i ride bicycle for a long time that’s why I ask my mom and dad,
“Are your legs are hurting too?” they said.
“Yes my legs are also hurting. Your legs are hurting because we did over exercise by riding bicycle.” I said.
They said, “Yes you are right Nija.”                                                                            
            “That’s all i learned not to do over exercise”

it is my personal experience