Dear Future Venice Traveler | Teen Ink

Dear Future Venice Traveler

February 15, 2016
By Osita44 BRONZE, Houston, Texas
Osita44 BRONZE, Houston, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Life is a journey of a thousand miles that must begin with one single step.


January 26, 2016

 

Dear Future Traveler,

Venice, Italy has always been a very distinct small town that the entire family can enjoy. It is very prepossessing for all the architecture it contains.  In addition, Venice, Italy has very captivating views that are extraordinary.


Venice also known as “The Queen of the Sea” has an incredible history that began in 420 A.D. when men were seeking for refuge after the collapse of the Roman Empire. Venice was founded on April 25th, 421 A.D.   This is also known as St. Mark’s Day. The town later fought for independence from Austria and won in a third battle. Venice then joined up with Italy in 1866.


There are many activities and things to do in Venice such as departing down the Grand Canal. Another thing you could do is visit the Doge’s Palace where you can admire gothic, barbarian architecture from the 14th and 15th centuries. You could also visit the St. Mark’s Basilica; this has to be by far Venice’s best-known church because it is a symbol of Venetian wealth and power, from the 11th century.


Some interesting facts about Venice are the amount of beautiful bridges found around the city. There are 417 bridges in total in Venice and 72 are private. Another interesting fact is that Venice’s lagoon is 15 meters deep at its deepest point. In addition, Venice has one of the narrowest streets in the world, such as the Calleta or Ramo Varisco Streets that are only about 53 centimeters wide.


You should consider going to this stunning and luxurious city, because it can entertain the whole family. This could be a trip to remember because of all the memories that you and your family could make. Everyone should come and relax, have an exquisite wine and look at the water of San Marco’s where the sun shines!


Sincerely,


Osita44