My Travel Experience | Teen Ink

My Travel Experience

By madnut BRONZE, Pilesgrove, New Jersey
madnut BRONZE, Pilesgrove, New Jersey

Ever since I was little all I have wanted to do was travel. I love discovering new places and exploring them to the max. All I want to do in the future is to hike and climb and explore new places. I want to travel and explore, if only it was a real job. Most people might say that they were just born that way, and others say they had to find their inner explorer. Me, I came out of the womb holding a trail map of the whole Appalachian Trail. If I had to choose my favorite vacation it would be hiking through the trees in Yosemite National Park. Or the day trips to the rock climbing gym, are ten times more fun for me than shopping. Sure the beach and relaxing at a beach house is nice but if I had a say we would be ocean kayaking instead. If I am to be honest I'm probably not having the greatest time if there is not any bit of danger involved. Many people think I might have gotten it from living in a house full of boys, but then I tell them I only have two sisters. There is no way to explain my strong interest in adventure and travel, then that it is just who I am.

I'm not sure when my first encounter with my extreme explorer personality was, but I do know that it was very early on. Even when I was just 4 or 5 years old I was climbing trees and learning what it means to explore. I loved it, and I dragged my cousin around with me to explore as well. Although, he was not just as excited as me we still thought it fun to play tackle football in the backyard. After about 5 to 6 years of that we took a family trip to California in the summer after fourth grade. I was honestly just excited to fly and get to go all the way to other side of the country. The first couple days were fun, we went to San Francisco and Monterey so they were both city days. However, the last days was spent in Yosemite National Park, where we hiked up and down the mountain across waterfalls and I don't think a smile ever left my face. We ran into many different and interesting types of wildlife that added even more to the trip. I was always in the front going fast and strong, the whole way, I had to be the first to see everything or else it wouldn’t be the same. This was my first major hiking trip I had taken, and it got me hooked for life. Now I go on a hiking trip almost every spring and fall with my cousins and poppop, and every time whether it’s a one mile incline or it’s pouring rain, I am still having the time of my life.

In closing, I haven’t traveled all that much, however, that amount I have, I have used in a way to explore everything in sight. I have gone on several hiking trips, some just hiking and others more than that, but every time was the best. I absolutely love exploring, traveling and learning about other cultures. I have such any interest in every single one of these things and wish I can apply them to my future job some day. Although, I am only in 8th grade, I am already looking into my future that will soon be right around the corner. I am ready to find out what I want to be as long as it has something to do with these three things. They are what I enjoy the most, and don’t think I could ever live without them. Exploring is my favorite, but can never be successful without traveling to new places, and traveling is the best way to learn about other cultures. Therefore, these things go hand in hand, and are definitely a huge and important part of my future, hopefully.