Lion King A New King | Teen Ink

Lion King A New King

October 15, 2018
By LionQueen22, Calgary, Alberta
More by this author
LionQueen22, Calgary, Alberta
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was a day like any other the sun rising over the hills but today would not be like any other for today a king is born. In the den on pride rock a lion named Sarabi and her husband Mufasa were blessed with a baby boy they named Simba. His birth was celebrated throughout the land and he proved to be quite the handful. A few moths had passed when Simba met Nala a young lioness not a day younger than him. The two were best of friends and everybody in the pridelands knew they would fall in love. On Simbas fifth birthday Mufasa took him to the top of pride rock and told him this,” Everything the light touches will be yours Simba”. “When will it be mine papa”. “When you are king Simba”. “So i will be king when you are gone papa”. “Yes Simba….oh that reminds me there are some friends i would like you too meet”. Out of the corner emerged a wart hog and a meerkat. “This is Timon and Pumbaa they are my friends and now they are yours”. “Nice to meet you little guy im pumbaa and this is timon consider us your uncles”. “I don't have uncles”. The three looked at each other awkwardly. “Simba why don't you go play with Nala”. “Yes papa”. “Your little guy is kinda freaky Mufasa” said Pumbaa. “Yes he is but its fine is is just a kid” said Mufasa. Simba went to the river where Nala is and he said to her. “My dad told me that i am going to be king when he is gone”. “You will be a great king”. “Nala i don't want to wait that long plus there is my uncle scar”. “Simba what are you saying”. “ You will se Nala”. Afew years had passed SImba had continued to be weird and Nala did not seem to care even Scar was beginning to see he was weird, on Simbas tenth birthday Mufasa told Simba they were going on a hunt and Simba had nothing wrong with it. Simba and Mufasa went to the outskirts of the Pride lands to hunt some buffalo. “Alright son there is a group right there i talke left you take right”. Simba nodded and they moved into position. As Mufasa moved into place he lost sight of Simba and called to him but he did not respond and in what seemed like a second the buffalo began running and Mufasa had to run. The buffalo,running in a blind panic trampled Mufasa and at the back of the heard emerging from the dust was Simba. “Simba you must help me” said mufasa in breathed words. “Don't you get it dad” said SImba laughing. “Get what”. “As long as your in the picture i cant be king and i have many ideas that you will not like”. “Simba please”. Simba took one paw and placed it on Mufasa's throat with his claws out. “Please” said Mufasa with no breath. Simba smiled a wicked smile and in an instant he clawed Mufasa's throat open spewing his blood.But Simba's joy would be short lived for in the distance he heard a laugh that only hyenas laugh. “Show yourself”. “Self” said a hyena questioningly. “No no Simba there are three of us” said another hyena. “How do you know my name”. Simba looking around frantically saw three hyenas emerged from the shadows. “Who are you”. “I’m Shenzi” said one. “Im Banzi” said another. “Um Ed your name say it”. The other Hyena with a lopsided face said “Oh i’m Ed”. “You ruined it Ed” said Banzi”. “I don't care what do you want”. “We want to congratulate you on killing the king” said Shenzi. “I am the king”. “Yes you are so we the hyenas want to help you” said Shenzi. “We want to make a deal with you, we and our cackle( group of hyenas) want to be your right hand men and warriors in your new kingdom”. “That is an interesting offer...I think i will take it but i have something to do first”. “What's that” asked Shenzi. “Kill Scar my uncle”. “We can help” said Shenzi. “No it must be me, i want your cackle to wait at the bottom of pride rock”. “Yes sir” said Banzi. Simba returns to pride rock to find Scar already there. “Simba where is my brother”. “He was trampled by the buffalo”. “Oh Simba that's awful do you want to talk” said Scar. “Yes lets got up there” said Simba pointing to the top of pride rock. “Of course Simba” The two got to the top and Simba stood behind Scar. “Simba what do you want to talk about”. Simba said nothing he only looked at Scar. “Simba please talk to me”. Simba walked up to Scar and gave him what seemed to be a hug and whispered,”You will not get in my way”. “What” questioned Scar, and in a second Scar looked up at Simba who was Smiling teeth full and Scar was pushed off the edge into the cackle of hyenas. Simba stood at the top of pride rock and watched as the hyenas toar his uncle apart alive. The other Lions came running to see what was going on, Nala went to Simba's side and kissed him on the cheek. “Listen up I am king now Mufasa and Scar are dead, me and Nala are king and queen antone who has a problem with that can leave”. One lion's voice rang out in the crowd. “Both of them were healthy what happened”. “I killed them” said Simba looking at the lion. “Have a problem with it leave”. “I will” said the lion. A group of lions ran out and as as they ran out the hyenas ran in. “This is my new kingdom where hyenas and lions will live together in harmony, there will be some new rules but that's for another day”. As the sun set over the pride lands Simba looked over at what would be his, in the distance the rouge lions took a spot in the hyenas land and Simba thought to himself, “Those fools i shall be the best king ever”. The rouge lions set up camp and they had many mixed emotions but most of all they needed a leader. “Who will lead us” asked a lioness. “I think it should be Kiongozi” said a lioness named Boga. “Me really,why Boga”. “You spoke out and talked to Simba”. The lions nodded their heads in agreement. “Ok i will do it”. As night fell over the pridelands all was quiet and everyone's thoughts and minds were racing.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.