Powerful Is Her Name | Teen Ink

Powerful Is Her Name

By ElemantalPheonix, Peachtree City, Georgia
ElemantalPheonix, Peachtree City, Georgia

"We must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy." -Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter is one of my favorite things out there. This is my version of what should have happened!

Charlus Potter and Angelette Potter were in their crib as James and Lily were getting ready for a party at the Ministry.

“Your sure your up for this Peter?” James asked.

“You know…” Lily started,“ We are so thankful you were available for this Peter. Your such a good friend, and it's nice to know we can count on our best friend for help when we need it most!”

“Yea, I love babysitting the kids!” Peter said, lying through his teeth.

“Thanks again, Peter” Lily called as they left for the party.

As soon as they were gone Peter lifted his sleeve and contacted the Dark Lord. The feared Voldemort walked in and walked up the stairs.

When he got to the room with the kids he walked in and pointed the wand at boy, then the girl, then back to the boy, but then returned to the girls heart-shaped face.

She opened her eyes and smiled at him.

He said, “Pity, I must kill you, but I must be undefeatable. Avada Kedavra!” He said.

He watched in astonishment as she said, “No.” and put her hands out to form a green and silver shield.

The roof exploded and she spread the shield out to cover her brother, but not fast enough as a piece of wood fell to make a cut looking like a V on his cheek.

However, she in turn got a lightning bolt cut on her forehead.

James and Lily apperated back to the house laughing, but fell quiet at the mess of the roof.

They ran upstairs to find Angelette sleeping, but Charlus awake and crying.

“I will call Albus” James said.

Albus arrived at the scene and was fast to say that Charlus was the chosen one and he defeated Voldemort.

After that day the Potters slowly began to forget Angelette.

^^^^^^^^^^^^10 years later^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Angelette walked down the stairs to see the kitchen empty and she just sighed knowing that her family was most likely at another party.

The floo roared and out popped her uncle, Sirius.

Well, she called him Paddy, and he called her Angel.

“Uncle Paddy! Your here!” She cried, “where have you been I haven’t seen you in a long time?”

He looked around and started to ask where the Potters were, but she just shook her head.

He is very happy about something... She thought.

“I have a very nice surprise for you, Angel. I was in Hogsmeade when I heard a very nice man talking about a fancy school out in the America’s. He said it was only for the smartest witches and wizards. I asked him if he could tell me more, and he gave everything you will need to get in! What do you say? Now, you won’t have to go to Hogwarts because I know you don’t want to because of your brother.” Sirius sped out fast.

“I say….” She started “that it's a great idea! Thank you so much! Is there a test? OOOOH…. give it to me…….that's it? This is so easy! Everyday since I was two and a half I was in the library memorising and studying the books in there. I had to learn German, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Greek, Latin, Olden Latin, and the 3/4 of the 6,909 languages so I could read every book in the Potter library. Oh… and I hope it's ok, but I also went into the Black library and memorised them, too. Umm…. haha?”    

Sirius just stood there with his mouth open.

“Really?” He asked.

“Yep. I would get bored, so I looked for something to do.”

“Ok.” He answered “so, do you want to try the the new school or do you want to just go to Hogwarts?”

“Well, I am doing the test aren't I and I do want to go so….. yes I do want to go.”

“Ok, I will go send it to the Headmistress!”

“Ok.”

^^^^^^^^2 Months Later(Angels POV)^^^^^^^^^^

I was walking down stairs when Sirius came running to meet me at the bottom of the stairs so he could talk to me.

“You were accepted into the American school! By the way it's called Madam Mollic’s Magic School.”

"Oh my gosh!"I squealed. “I can’t believe it!”

Sirius answered with, “The test you took was returned and you made a 100% on it! No person was ever able to do that, ever! Your transportation will be provided since you live in England and the school is in America, and there is a list.....umm, it was in my pocket....oh, there it is. This is a list of all the supplies you will need, ok?"

"Great!" I answered "Now all I have to do is go to Diagon Alley and get my supplies!"

"Lets go now!" Paddy said happily. We got our things and flood into Gringotts to get my school supplies.

We arrived in the Leaky Cauldron, and we walked to the back and touched the bricks. The wall opened up to Diagon Alley.

My jaws dropped open and I stared in shock at the alley. They had everything! They had robes and wands. They had candy and prank supplies.

“We need to go to Gringotts first to get money and an inheritance test, then we can get your supplies!” Sirius told me.