The Girl and The Prince | Teen Ink

The Girl and The Prince

By angelikamal, Denville, New Jersey
angelikamal, Denville, New Jersey

The Girl and The Prince.

“Ding dong!”

I wake up as fast as I could when I hear the doorbell rawr. I try to look out to see what is there, but there is nothing. Once I look down, I see a note, a note from The Castle Of Attaway. I run as fast as I could to the living room to gather up my family to see what has been broughten to us. I ran to every bedroom in the house to wake up my family, all of us gathered in the living room to open the letter.

“Dear America Sing,

This letter has been brought to you by us to inform you that you have been chosen to be one of the 15 girls to potentially become The Princess of Attaway. If you do accept this offer, you will be staying in our castle for 1 month. The prince will get to know you, have dinners with you, and get to know you too see if your right for him. No abuse or any rudeness is aloud in the castle. Every girl must be nice to each other, if you aren't, you will be disqualified and sent back home immediately. You will be sent to the  castle as soon as possible. Our guards will pick you up at any scheduled time you desire.

If you accept this offer, please sign it and send it back to our castle as soon as possible. You have a maximum of 10 days to return this letter back to us, otherwise you will not be one of the 15 girls that will be chosen.

Sincerely, The Headboard of The Castle of Attaway

“Honey, do you know what this means!” exclaimed Mrs. Sing

“Of course I do! But should I enter?” I acknowledged.

“You are entering no matter what! Do you know how much it could help us if you win?” exclaimed Mrs. Sing

“Your right. If I become princess our whole lives can change!” I shouted.

I signed the note back, accepting the offer. My mother and I wanted to do this as quick as possible, so I can be sent to the castle sooner and make sure I end up being one of the 15 girls. I attempted packing for hours and hours, I didn't know what to pack. I got more nervous by the second, but I managed. I then realized it was getting late and I needed sleep for the next day to come.

* * *

I got up as fast as possible once I heard my alarm barking at me. I got dressed as quick as possible. I realized once I got up I only had 30 minutes until the guards came to pick me up. I started to freak out and called my mother to help me as quick as possible. She went to go find me an outfit while I took a shower and got ready. Time was running out and before I could even finishing cleaning myself, I hear a hard knock on the door. My mother opens the door for the guards and invites them in.

“Greetings, I am a guard from the castle of Attaway to come pick up America Sing.” one of the guards stated.

“Of course of course, come in, America is almost done getting ready.” said Americas mother.

“No worries, tell her to come now, there's no time, our maids will help her get ready for the Royal Dinner tonight.” the guards insisted.

“Alright, I will go call her down.” said Americas mother.

“America! Come down and hurry! The guards are here to take you to The Castle of Attaway! No need to finish getting ready, you will get dressed over there!” exclaimed Americas mother.

“Coming mother!” yelled out America.

The guards kindly escorted me out of the home and brought me to their carriage where I would ride into go to the castle. This carriage looked amazing, nothing like I have ever seen before, it was, magical.

The views are beautiful, extravagant, any word that can describe something so amazing you have no words for. Iv never been so admired to the nature around me, it made me feel very happy inside.

* * *

We finally made it to the Castle after a long ride and beautiful nature. The guards escorted me to the main area where everyone who was coming that day had to sit before they can be sent to their new rooms for the month. I sat down in the royal area where most of the others girls were. I sat alone in a chair waiting for someone to come out and tell us our room were ready to be occupied. As I sat for a while, one of the girls came up to me and we started having a conversation about getting selected to be a potential princess.

“Hi, my name is Abby, what's yours?” said Abby.

“I’m America, America Sing.” I said.

“I love your name!” said Abby.

“Thank you, how do you like this place so far? I really am enjoying and admiring all the nature, and I really like this castle, and I’m really nervous to see what the prince thinks of me.” I exclaimed.

“I completely agree, I’m scared that the prince might not like me and kick me out. If i get kicked out my whole family will be very disappointed in me.” said Abby.

“Same here, I just hope I can stay long enough so that my family won't be as disappointed.” I said.

I’m really glad I was able to find one friend in this castle so it wouldn't be as miserable for me. I did think that I would be against all of these girls, considering the fact this is like a competition. But no, I was actually able to find some girls that will support me and help me throughout everything here. This is very nerve racking for mw, but I always find a way to be able to manage.

* * *

As I waited for a few hours, they finally called us down to our rooms. We were ordered into ABC order. Whoever was in the line first got room one. It went on and on until it got to me. I have room 12, I got escorted by my lovely maid that I have for this whole month. I then became much more calm. I was ecstatic to meet the prince tonight at the first royal dinner. I was really nervous though, not knowing what to expect. After a few hours have past just relaxing in my room. I was told that I have to change for the dinner. My maid helped me get dressed and ready for the dinner. I went downstairs, and as I was going downstairs I saw the prince. He was so handsome. The most handsome person I have ever seen. We made eye to eye contact. I fell into his deep blue eyes as he fell into my light green eyes. I slowly walked downstairs to greet myself.

“Nice to meet you, prince, my name is America. America Sing.”