Travis the alligator | Teen Ink

Travis the alligator

By forehud24, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
forehud24, Cedarburg, Wisconsin

I like to play basketball in my free time 

Once upon a time there was an alligator named Travis and he was a very important person and could make anyone happy. Travis had special powers. He could make anyone happy and he loved to do it because he thought that the best thing was when everyone was happy. One day a young boy named Billy came along next to Travis’s pond and he was crying. Travis came out of the water and Billy was startled. Travis asked the boy what was wrong and the boy said that he had no friends and he was very lonely. Travis felt so bad for the kid and he wanted to be his friend because Travis thought Billy was a nice kid. So Travis took Billy to his house, and when they arrived he let the him inside. Travis gave him a bag of chips and a Coke so that he would feel welcome in Travis’s house. All night they played games and had a good time but then the boy remembered he had to get home before his parents would come looking for him. But Billy’s parents couldn't know about Travis and his special powers. Travis told the boy that he was never allowed to tell anyone about him, and if he ever told anyone did there would be consequences.

When Billy went home, his parents asked him about where he was that whole time, and what he was doing. He really wanted to tell his parents, but he remembered what Travis had told him about the consequences,  so he didn't tell them. The next morning, Billy woke up extra early just so he could go see Travis. When he came to the pond he looked for Travis but he was nowhere to be found. So the boy went to Travis’s house to see if he was there. When he got there, he knocked on the door and Travis answered. Billy asked Travis if he wanted to play games again, and Travis agreed because he liked the boy and he wanted them to be friends forever. They played all day until they both got super hungry, so they decided to go get food. They both decided that they wanted to go to McDonalds, but it was a really far walk so it would take them a long time to get there since Travis didn’t have a car. By the time they got there they were both starving, so they ordered their food and started eating. After they were done they went back to Travis’s house to play more games and talk because Billy loved to be with Travis and they were best friends.

Everyday they would meet up and talk and play games. They loved to be together and play, and it helped Billy to not be sad anymore. Whenever Travis wasn't around, Billy would go looking for him and trying to find him around the city. One day, Billy was looking for Travis in the city and he got lost. When Travis couldn't find him, he set out to go find him. Travis spent all day looking for the kid and he started to get really nervous because he couldn't find him. When it started to get dark, Travis knew that he had to find him before his parents got nervous and they would have to go look for him. Travis asked all of his friends to help look and they all agreed to help Travis find the boy. Travis’s friend Jeff found him walking across the very busy street and went after him to bring him home. Jeff brought the boy back to the path so he could get home without his parents knowing, so they wouldn't find out about Travis and his friends. After the kid got home, all of Travis’s friends went home and they were all happy because they found Billy and returned him home before his parents found out and got scared. The next day Billy came along the path again and this time he was extra happy because Travis’s friends found him and returned him home without his parents noticing. All that day Travis and Billy played games and they had one of the most fun times they have had as friends and they were best friends for ever.

Later on, when Billy grew up and he got older he started to forget about Travis because he didn't see him for a long time and they haven't talked for awhile. When Travis decided that he wanted to go try and find Billy, he thought about how many good memories they had together and he wanted that back. When he was looking for him he saw many of his other friends and got distracted and talked to them. When he finished talking to them he realized that it was late in the day and he wouldn't have much time to look for his friend. When he went to Billy’s house to try and look for him he was nowhere to be found and Travis got worried. But one day he saw a car pull into his driveway and he got hopeful. When he saw who got out of the car he was sad because at first he didn't think it was Billy. But then after he looked at him for a little, he realized that it was the boy but he looked very different.  When he tried to make the boy look at him he wouldn't and Travis was starting to get very sad and think about that maybe the boy had forgotten about him. But Travis thought that there was no way that they boy could have forgotten about him with all they have done. They were best friends before, and now he won't even say hi to him. In the boy’s mind he had totally forgot about Travis and he didn't even know that. He was so grown up, and had his own car, and he was in college, so he wouldn't have the time to think about Travis. Later that night, the boy was having a dream that he met an alligator that was super nice and they best friends. Then, the thought came into his mind that he actually did meet an alligator and he remembered that they were best friends. From then on, the boy and Travis were best friends again and the boy made sure not to forget about him. So from now on they will always talk and always have eachother’s back with everything.