Great Gatsby Fan Fiction | Teen Ink

Great Gatsby Fan Fiction

yes

The life in his eyes began to drain from out of him and into the blue water, the butler hears a second shot right before a loud crash. He runs out to the pool, which is covered in Gatsby's blood to the point all he saw was red. The butler looks off to the side of the pool to see a smashed vase and the gun that had gone off twice, one bullet in gatsby and the other in the wall. The worried butler rung the police and Nick.

News got around fast that Gatsby was shot, reporters and policemen digging deep to find the attacker with no leads. It wasn't until later that week that Daisy and Tom found out, Tom taking the initiative upon himself to leave the state of New York along with Daisy and their daughter. No one thought twice about it, except the fact that they didn't want to be dragged into his death.

Months after the death of Gatbsy and the unknown crook who had gotten away with his murder. Back in San Francisco where the Buchana's had moved too, it's a cold winter morning and Daisy is looking through her frosted living room windows as she stares beyond a green field of white daisies, suddenly Jordan walks in from daisies front door, "How is he?" Jordan sang. 

Daisy turns towards Jordan laughing, rubbing her very soon expected child, "He's such a kicker" giggled Daisy. "How's life back in New York?"  

"No one's heard from Nick since the accident, rumor has it he's searching for George after finding out he shot Gatbsy" Jordan mentioned. 

"What a shame" Daisy replied.

Months later, Daisy gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, that she named James. Tom surprisingly wasn't there for his birth. James grew up despising Tom, for the way that he treated his mother. He had found out the stories of Gatsby and Daisy's love story and wished they were still together, Gatsby's death and the disappearance of whom he referred to as his Uncle Nick growing up. He would grow up and dream to meet his Uncle Nick from the way his Aunt Jordan and mother spoke of him.  

One day on his 18th birthday, May 21st, 1930 he had set out his find his Uncle Nick and to get away from Tom, hoping his mother would do the same one day. He hopped on a plane at LAX, with a dream and his yellow cardigan, hours later he had arrived in New York.   

"Taxi!" hollered James. He jumps in the bright yellow cab and heads off towards the West Egg, the taxi drives through the city then gets to The Valley of Ashes, "It's truly as gray and black, then the events that have happened here" James mumbled to himself. Minutes later the cab was starting to run out of gas, so they pulled over to what was Wilson's garage, which was now a pitstop area. James gets out, as the taxi man pumps he walks into the shop and heads toward the counter, "Welcome!" said the owner. 

"Does George still live around here?" James mentioned, "I heard he use to run this shop" 

"That's true" the store owner responded, "Heard he went West though" 

"Hmmm" James wondered. As he got back into the taxi and continued his ride out of the Valley Of Ashes, they passed the billboard of T.J Ecklburg's big blue eye. Minutes later the taxi arrives at Nick's cottage, he gets out and walks through the variety of flowers. He gets to Nick's door but see's it's open, he walks through, "Hello?" James yelled. 

No one was home so he walked towards Gatsby's house, but while there he sees a figure run through his front door and James carelessly runs after the person. They get to the library in Gatsby's house, the hidden person is trapped. As he reviles himself, he gasps! It was Nick he was astonished by the young adult who looked as gatsby did when he was younger, he knew it had to be true the son of Jay Gatz was here.

Weeks later Nick tells James that Tom isn't his father, but Gatbsy was, he explained the affair his mother and Gatbsy had before the months there was no way James was Toms.

"Your mom knew the minute you were born" Nick commented, "His name was James Jimmy Gatz"

“That’s why she named me James, she never told just that the name was important to her” James exclaimed.

James being shocked by the news but relieved that he wasn't related to Tom, he stayed in New York to get to know his Uncle Nick.

Years later James, learned the truth about his father's death, Nick tells him everything that Tom did. James was furious, he had lived under the same roof as the man who ruined his life and he wanted revenge, but he knew the only right way to do it was through the law system. James did all the research found George like the pitstop owner said in the West and got a confession from him to say, that Tom was involved in Gatsby’s death. Months later they were both sent to jail and news got around fast, Tom knew he had no life to get back to after his sentence.  

Eventually, everything was sorted out and James received Gatbsy's house and money, which he decided to move his mom back to New York. Nick moved back into his cottage happily and every month they would throw a grand party between themselves including Jordan to remember what The Great Gatbsy made for himself.