Country of Enchantments | Teen Ink

Country of Enchantments

February 26, 2021
By booklover2-3, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
More by this author
booklover2-3, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I have always enjoyed writing. But this was my first piece I wrote when I was 12. 

“Girls! Let’s go!” Susan yelled up the stairs.

Olivia shouted down, “One minute, mother!”

Olivia and Kate grabbed their backpacks and went downstairs to finish getting ready for school. Olivia came down wearing a black short skirt, purple tank top, black. Susan completely disagreed with her choice of clothing but didn’t say anything. While the girls were eating Susan’s famous fluffy pancakes in the dining room, the boys were still getting ready downstairs.

Ethan went to the stairs and yelled down, “Come on guys! You take longer than the girls!”

Jake yelled up, “Whatever!”

When the boys finally finished getting ready, the four siblings walked off to school. When they arrived, the laughter and shouting faded into whispers and gasps. Like every other day, the kids walked through, without hesitation. Carson and Kate went to their homeroom classrooms while Olivia and Jake headed up to the front office.

  “We would like to see Principal Snow please.” Jake spoke into the intercom.

The door opened and Jake walked in. Olivia felt uncomfortable and didn’t walk in. After a second, she followed her brother in. They both sat down on the huge white sofa in front of the principal’s desk.

Mrs. Snow walked into her office and smiled, “Hello children.’’

Just like every other morning, they responded, “Hello, Mrs. Snow.’’

She stared at them for a moment and Olivia shifted uncomfortably. Jake grabbed her hand to calm her. They started to discuss extracurricular activities for that semester. 

After an hour, they both left to go to class. In the hall, Bianca came up to Jake and kissed him. When Olivia turned to go down the hall she bumped into someone. It’s her ex, Morgan.

  “Hm. I guess you do still have a thing for me,” He said, with a smirk on his face.

She rolled her eyes, then shoved past him, “Get lost, loser.’’

He grabbed her waist and pulled her close to him. She tried to escape but couldn’t. He started to kiss her neck, and then her boyfriend showed up, from around the corner. His face was full of anger.

“What the heck is going on?”

Olivia stuttered, “It is not what it looks like. He grabbed me. He won’t let-“

But then she is cut off when Derek said, “Don’t say another word. We are done.”

With a tear coming down her cheek he left.

“Now you are mine.” Morgan whispered, under his breath.

He pulled her into the janitors closet and started to undress her but she yelled, “No!”

He laughed, “Dumb girl! You can’t say that to me. Nor can you resist my good looks, apparently.”

Morgan pulled her jacket off of her. She tried to grab it back, but he only continued his pursuit. He pulled her shirt off and saw many bruises and cuts around her chest and stomach.

He gasped, “What the?”

She grabbed her shirt and threw it back on. She made sure her dagger was still in her boot and she walked out.

She went to her next class. After that, Carson, Kate, Jake, and Bianca found her at lunch. Bianca asked what happened to Olivia during their last class.

Olivia explained how Morgan got a hold of her.

Three hours later the bell rang and the four kids rushed home. When they arrived they saw the door open.

Olivia grabbed her bow and arrows from the bush, and handed Jake and Carson their swords. Kate pulls out her dagger. They go inside to look around. In their parents bedroom they found their mother on the floor. Dead. Kate turned and buried her face in Jake's chest, sobbing. Olivia started to cry.

“Oh my god,” she said quietly.

Carson spotted their father on the other side of the room. He dropped to his knees and started to cry as well. After they all cried, they headed back down to the living room. On the TV they found a note.

Carson read it aloud, “Children, Daughters of Susan, and Sons of Ethan, if you do not come to the Snow Queen’s castle in the Enchanted Forest by midnight in 3 days time, you shall all meet a fate worse than your parents. Signed, The Snow Queen.”

Carson, Olivia, and Jake gasped.

“Who is the Snow Queen? What is the Enchanted Forest?” Kate asked, confused.

Jake replied, “We will tell you later. We have not much time left now. It’s time to go.”

They had all forgotten that Kate had not been to the Enchanted Forest since before she could remember. She had grown up in Paris, for the last ten years. They all rushed out the door. On their way to the Eiffel Tower, Olivia explained everything to Kate. When they arrived, they all stood directly next to each leg of the tower and touched the leg. Suddenly they were teleported to the middle of the forest.

“Yay! You are here!”

Everyone jumped at the sound coming from behind them. They all turned to see Ellie running toward them. She jumped into Carson's arms, for a hug.

“Aroooooo,” They heard wolves howling in the distance.

Kate shifted nervously closer to Carson.

He smiled and told her, “Do not be afraid, Kate. Look it’s Scarlett!”

A red wolf came up to her and licked her hand.

“I have a wolf?” Kate asked shyly.

She petted her, and Scarlett nuzzled her hand.

“He, He, that tickles.” Kate giggled.

Everyone smiled then continued to look for their wolves.  

“Angel!” Olivia exclaimed happily, as a black wolf came leaping out from the nearest bush.

She ran toward the wolf and they tackled each other.

Jake shouted, “Cooper!”

A fancy grey wolf with a high proud head, came prancing up to him.

A white wolf with black feet came up to Carson and he called out, “Hey, Max.”

They all wrestled with the wolves, playfully. After a minute, they got up and walked to their cabins.

“Hey I got my own cabin!” Kate says happily.

The others laughed. Kate ran into her cabin and toured it herself. She went to her bedroom upstairs and saw the amazing queen sized bed with purple sheets and blankets. She also saw a dagger and a healing kit on her bed. She put them in her handbag. Next to her cabin was Olivia's. Kate went to go see her cabin but it had no one occupying it.

She went to ask Carson and he told her, “She is probably in the archery arena. Don’t go there though. Angel is probably there too. She is really protective.”

Kate shrugged and left. She called Scarlett and they dashed into the trees, to find Olivia. After a while of searching, they came across an open patch. There, Olivia was practicing with her arrows.

“Liv, hey!” Kate yelled.

Olivia continued to shoot her arrows, ignoring Kate. Scarlett then starts to growl, when she hears leaves crunching behind Kate. Kate runs over to Olivia's side and grabs her dress sleeve. She then turned around and aimed her bow at the bushes. The wolves tensed up and stood in front of the girls, growling. Then, out of the bushes popped out Carson's head.

“What the heck, Carson!” Kate yelled, furiously.

“Ok. Ok. Let me speak! I have a surprise, kind of.” Carson said, with his hands up in the air.

He then took them to the cabins and someone jumped out from behind a bush. Surprised, Olivia took an arrow out and stabbed the stranger in the shoulder.

It’s Morgan. He staggered back and cried out in pain.

“What the hell! Morgan!” Olivia shouted.

“How- How did you- How did you get here,” she continued to stutter.

Morgan pulled out the arrow and shouted in pain. She went to him and grabbed her arrow from him. She started to clean the blood off, when Kate rushed forward, and used her healing potion, from her belt, to cure his wound.

As he stood up he said, “Why. Hello to you too, babe.”

The others gasped, “BABE!”

Olivia turned away, in disgust.

Jake then came around the corner, talking, “So guys I was thinking maybe we should-“

He cut himself off when he saw the new guest. He pulled out his sword, pointing it at Morgan’s neck. Then surprisingly out of nowhere, Morgan withdrew a sword, as well. They all gasped. Olivia turned back around.

“How? How are you here?” Kate asked.

“I can explain,” Morgan stated.

Olivia put her bow away and walked up to him.

Under her breath, she said, “You better have a good reason. But right now, I really don’t want to listen.”

With a glare in her eyes, she shoved past him, hitting the shoulder that she stabbed him in.

 “Ow,” he whispers.

The others followed Olivia, and then Carson waited for Morgan to follow. He joins them, around the fire. He tells them how he was born in the Country of Enchantments.

He sighs, “My mother is the Snow Queen.”

Jake stands up instantly and withdraws his sword with lightning speed, again. Morgan gets up and steps back, with his hands in the air.

Jake glares and nods to Cooper, “Cooper. Behind.”

The wolf leaps down from the bench, gracefully, and gets behind Morgan, growling. Olivia was speechless.

Morgan looks at Olivia, “I can explain, Olivia.”

All of a sudden, she goes over to him and gets close to his face.

She glares at him, coldly, “Sure. Isn’t that what you just said.”

She then pulls out her dagger from her pocket, and stabs his thigh, with extreme force. He cowered and then backed off. Olivia calls Kate, Carson, and Jake to follow her. Cooper, Angel, Max, and Scarlett watch Morgan hungrily. Olivia tells Jake to bring Cooper to her. He asks why and she says that she needs to send a message to Daisy.

Jake gasps, and steps back, “No. We can take care of him ourselves.”

Olivia shakes her head and tells Carson to get Morgan. He goes and makes Morgan stand. Morgan stands and limps over to Olivia.

Then, he sighs, “I am sorry for your loss, your highness.”

He looks directly into her eyes and her eyes start to tear up. Thinking of the innocent boy Morgan once was.

He smirks and sends her a message telepathically saying; “Don’t even think about that, right now.”

Confused, she asks, “What do you mean you’re sorry?”

He bows his head and replies, “The loss of one's parents is a great trauma.”

She tries to lunge forward but Jake and Carson grab her wrists.

She yells, “You. You killed them. Didn’t you?”

He shakes his head and falls to his knees.

Morgan says, “No. I did not. My mother did.”

Sad and angry, she turns and tries to walk off the pain. Failing, she falls to her knees and screams out in anger. Then she cries, in sadness. Angel comes up to her and puts her head on her lap. She whines, and Olivia pets her head. Morgan then finds the strength to get up and he then starts to limp over to Olivia. Angel gets up and starts to growl and snap at him.

Then, Olivia says, “Down girl.”

Angel does so and backs off. She picks herself up and walks toward Morgan. She wants to be mad at him but she knows it is not his fault. When she approaches him he bows. She knows why but does not say anything.

A few moments later they realize it is getting dark and decide to call it a night. Jake suggests that Morgan slept in his cabin. However, Olivia won the argument. Morgan ends up sleeping in Olivia's cabin. She then suggests he sleeps in the guest bedroom. He says that he would gladly do so. She puts him asleep in there.

Then Angel goes upstairs with Olivia and they get ready for bed. Angel goes to her bedroom connected to her room. Olivia goes outside on her balcony and looks up to the stars. She then prays to her mother and father to guide her through her duties in the enchanted forest. She then goes and falls asleep in her bed fit for a queen.

Eight hours later the sun peaks over the horizon. Kate wakes up and runs into Olivia's cabin. She goes to her room and uncovers the blanket. She finds an empty bed, confused she yells around the house. She then runs out of Olivia's cabin and goes to Jake’s cabin. She asks him if she has seen Olivia.

He says, “No, ask Carson.”

She goes and finds Carson with Ellie. She rolls her eyes and smiles to herself.

She asks him and he tells her, “No but I saw her go out before dawn with Morgan and Angel.”

She thinks and realizes to go to the archery area. She and Scarlett go through the woods and rush over to her. She is there and is shooting arrows at the targets. Kate then claps and Olivia gets spooked.

She says, “Gosh! You scared me!”

Morgan starts to laugh. She glares at him and he shuts up. After a few hours of practicing with her dagger, Kate and Scarlett go to get lunch. Morgan uses their alone time to his advantage.

Trying to get near her she laughs and says, “Nice try, Morgan.”

Five hours later the two of them go back to the cabins with their fingers twined together. As they arrive dinner is ready.

Ellie stands and says, “There you two love birds are.”

Everyone laughs and Olivia and Morgan join them. When they all catch their breath they settle down for some fresh stake. Olivia heads back to her cabin, with Angel. Her raven hair is blowing in the wind. Carson and Ellie head off to his cabin. Kate decides to play with Scarlett to make up for the lost time. Jake holds Morgan back.

Jake asks, “Are you in love with my sister?”

Morgan looks at him and says, “Maybe why?”

Jake's face gets red with anger and he says, “I am warning you. You broke her heart once. Don’t do it again. If you do I will kill you myself.”

Morgan then nods. After agreeing to Jake's terms Morgan heads to Olivia's cabin. Morgan tries to sneak into Olivia's bedroom but is caught.

“Going somewhere?” Olivia grins from behind him.

He starts to explain but she silences him.

She says, “You get scared easily.”

Then taken by surprise she kisses him passionately. She then leads him to her guest bedroom.

He whines, “But can’t we have a little fun tonight?”

She shakes her head and sends him to bed with a kiss.

The next morning she wakes up smelling, eggs, bacon, and pancakes. She throws on clothes and sprints downstairs. She slides into the kitchen and says hi. She kisses Morgan quickly and eats a stack of pancakes. Then Olivia, Morgan, and Angel go down to the archery area.

To no surprise, Carson and Ellie go to the meadow to practice. When they arrive Ellie withdraws a sword and points it to Carson's neck playfully. He laughs.

He withdraws his sword and says, “Let the games begin.”

Jake on the other hand was exploring with Cooper.

They reach a lake and he says, “Cooper. This feels vaguely familiar.”

For a random reason, he starts to bark. Jake tries to ask what was wrong but Cooper only jumps into the lake and swims to a floating frame. He brings it to the shore and shakes himself free of water. Jake turns over the painting and sees a family. The picture shows the royal family of the Enchanted Forest. He stumbles back after realizing what it is. He grabs the painting and runs back to the cabins. He goes to his bedroom and looks at a painting above his bed.

“It’s us,” he says to himself.

Startled he hears a gasp behind him.

He smiles and says, “Megan!”

She tries to smile but is shocked, “Surprise!”

He starts to try and explain the painting but knows nothing about it himself. Even though he was dating Bianca in Paris he always had a big crush on Megan. An hour later Carson and Kate come in. Kate is crying.

Carson says, “I didn’t know. It’s all my fault.”

Jake asks, “What? What is wrong?”

Ellie rushes in and screams “Come on! Let's go! There is no time for this.”

Jake decides to follow them. They lead him to the archery range. Olivia is on the ground crying with a dagger in her leg. Morgan is standing on top of Olivia with his sword pointed at her neck.

She is crying, “Please. I don’t want to die.”

Full of rage Jake withdraws his sword.

Morgan laughs, “Make another move King Jake, and your precious sister will die.”

Jake stumbles back and drops his sword.

“Please Morgan. Don’t kill me,” Olivia stutters.

He laughs. All of a sudden with a blow of snow she and Morgan disappear. Kate runs forward.

She screams, “No! Olivia! No!”

She falls to her knees and Ellie comes to try and comfort her.

“King?” Carson asks Jake.

Jake shakes his head.

At the castle, Morgan is dragging Olivia.

Struggling she says, “How could you?”

He laughs and says, “If I did not bring you to her she would have killed me.”

He drags her inside through the big glass doors and throws her on the floor before the queen. He bows to her and leaves. The queen laughs and lifts Olivia's chin.

Coldly the queen says, “So. Olivia. Queen Olivia. No more.”

She drops her chin and walks away.

  She yells, “Lock her up!”

The guards nod and drag her away.

They bring her to a cell in the dungeon. She sits on the floor and remembers she is bleeding. She tries to stop her leg from bleeding too much. She then starts to cry.

“Hello?”

She hears a strange voice and she jumps.

A young man comes out from a shadow.

“Um. Hi,” Olivia stutters.

She looks into his eyes and they feel familiar. 

“Uh. My name is Chris. What’s your name?”

Forcing herself to stand she says, “Olivia Redman.”

His eyes widen in surprise and he drops to one knee and bows his head.

Olivia laughs and says, “Why do people keep doing that?”

Standing back up he says, “Uh. Haven’t your parents told you? You are a high Queen. I respect people on the throne”

She laughs and says, “First, I know I am a Queen. Second, my parents are dead and I have not been here since I was 6.”

She looks away. And he touches her shoulder. She turns back around. He explains everything and comforts her through her loss.

Back at camp, her siblings are arguing.

“I am a what?” Carson yells at Jake.

Jake does not want to talk right now.

Carson then withdraws his sword and yells, “Answer me!”

Jake turns and withdraws his sword too.

Kate steps between them and says, “STOP! You are fighting over this. Our sister has just been captured. We should be planning and preparing for war.”

Carson and Jake look at each other and put their swords away. Jake walks to the other side of the living room and sits in a chair. A few hours later they finish planning. Kate and Scarlett go on a walk in the woods. All of a sudden a group of griffins shows up. Angrily they snap their beaks at her. Through the group, a larger golden griffin appears.

He says, “Who are you?”

Kate stumbles back and says, “Uh. I am Kate Redman. Daughter of Queen Susan.”

The giant creature shakes his head and turns away.

He says, “Kate Redman you say?”

Still frightened she says, “ Yes that is me.”

The large griffin turns back around and bows. The other griffin's bow as well.

“We have shown our wings to you. What may we do to help?” He asks.

She sniffles, “Queen Olivia has been captured by the snow queen. We need an army to get her back.”

The griffin nods. Then almost as soon as they were there they flew away to seek an army. Kate turns back and she and Scarlett go back to the cabins. She goes into Jake’s cabin without knocking. Inside she finds Jake and Megan make out in the living room.

“Ewe,” Kate gaged.

Jake jumps and pulls away.

He sighs, “What do you need sis?”

She tells them about the run-in with the griffins. Ellie comes up behind her and said,

“So what are we waiting for? We have the battle to continue to plan.”

When they were planning Olivia was in the cell talking to Chris.

She goes over to the door and yells at the guard down the hall, “Hey you! I am Queen Olivia. I am the daughter of Queen Susan. I demand you to release me. I am the rightful queen to the country of enchantments.”

The guard comes over and laughs, “You are not the queen. You may have the blood but not the power. The real queen is Queen Snow.”

Olivia gasps and turns around. Chris comes up and puts his arm around her waist. She does not shudder but finds comfort in his embrace.

  “How dare you disrespect your queen?”

The guard gasps and hurries away.

Confused, Olivia looks at Chris and asks, “Why did he run away?”

He sighs, “I have not told you everything. My name is Christopher Blackman. I’m the firstborn son of Adam Blackman.”

Shocked, Olivia backs away from him to the wall of the cell.

“You. You.” She stutters out.

He tries to come to her and she grabs her dagger from her boot. She shows him how defensive she is and that she will do anything to protect herself. He understands and backs off.

He looks down, “Sorry.”

He walks into a dark corner and sits. Olivia lies down, on the cold stone floor, and starts to dream about one of the first times she was in the forest. She knew Chris from her childhood but had he not remembered her?

Meanwhile Jake and Carson were practicing with each other. Two hours later, everyone was ready and they met the centaurs, griffins, and satyrs out around the fire.

They started to march up to the castle. When they arrived some centaurs threw a pole into the doors. It shattered almost instantly.

‘Never make a door out of glass, lady.’ Jake thought.

After they enter Jake sends Cooper, Max, and Carson to go get Morgan.

Then Devil, a few centaurs, a few satyrs, and a griffin, and himself go and get Olivia.

Kate and the others stay there to fight off the Snow Queen’s henchman.

After searching for a while, Carson and the wolves arrive at a room and he slams it open. Inside he finds Morgan sitting in a chair next to the window.

Smiling he said, “what took you so long?”

Carson doesn’t respond. Instead, he withdraws his sword and brings it to Morgan’s neck.

Morgan laughs and says, “You won’t kill me. You can't.”

With anger boiling inside of his blood Carson bites out, “No. But I know somebody who wants to. And will when she gets the chance.”

Carson pulls out cuffs and chains Morgan up.

In the dungeon, Jake is running to find Olivia. He fights every soldier that blocks the way.

“Jake!” She yells down the dungeon when she hears swords clashing violently.

Chris flinches and bows his head, “Oh. You already have a boyfriend.”

Olivia turns and stares at him, “No. Jake is my brother. I don’t have a boyfriend.”

Chris lifts his head hopefully. A minute later, Jake comes and opens the door.

He exclaims, “Hey, Olivia.”

She runs and hugs him. She grabs Chris and tells Jake she will explain later. Everyone rushes to the throne room. They meet Kate and Carson there and finish the small battle that began.

When they finish, they all run into the woods grateful that the Snow Queen was not there to stop them. They finally got back to the cabins and decided to call it a night. Olivia slept peacefully for the first time since she arrived back in the Enchanted forest.

The next morning she wakes up to find the others standing in a half-circle outside around the fire. Jake and Carson had anger in their eyes. Kate on the other hand looked scared. Olivia goes and sees what was happening. She sees Morgan sitting in a chair with blood all over him. He had two black eyes and a broken nose.

“What the?” Olivia stuttered.

She had so many questions.

She asked, “Who did this?”

Jake stepped forward and said, “I did.”

Disgusted she turns away. Then out of madness, she grabs her dagger from her belt, and with a quick swipe, she cuts Morgan’s face with it. He winces in pain. She gave him a very deep gash across his face. She walks away without even glancing back and goes into her cabin.

She goes to the kitchen sink and washes her dagger. Megan walks in and hugs her. They stand there for a moment hugging each other. Megan was her best friend.

A few minutes later Olivia grabs her bow and arrow and goes into the archery area. She shoots arrows for 2 hours. All of a sudden, she hears clapping and turns. She sees Morgan standing there alone. She looks around him and sees a pair of glowing red eyes behind him. She knew it was Cooper and figured that Jake sent him to make sure Morgan would not run.

Then she asks, “What do you want?”

Then he smiles mockingly and bows before her with the same smile. She rolls her eyes irritated.

She laughs, “Stop acting. You have no respect for me.”

He shakes his head as he stands up, “No. I do. I am truly sorry for taking you to the Snow Queen's castle.”

She chuckles not believing him and she turns away. Shaking, she shoots an arrow and completely misses the target. He steps up to her and grabs her hand gently. She can feel his breath next to her ear. She does not pull away even though her head is telling her to get as far away from him as possible.

She thinks to her, ‘You are different.’

He smiles and turns her around. They look each other in the eyes.

He says, “Yes. And you are beautiful.”

Confused she starts to wonder. After a minute of being lost in her thoughts, he brings her back to reality. He brings her close to him and presses her body against his. He puts his arms around her waist. She brings her arms to his neck and wraps them around him. He kisses her passionately.

“Um. Uh.” Says a voice from behind them.

She breaks their kiss and pulls away immediately. Chris is standing there with his arms behind his back.

Morgan says, “What do you want?”

Olivia hits him hard in the chest. He sighs and backs off.

She says, “Hey, Chris. Um. What are you doing here?”

He bows and says, “High Queen, I bring you your bow and arrows. Your mother wanted them to be with you once you come back. I found them in her cabin. Jake and I went there.”

He pulls out a black bow with red flames on it and black arrows with red feathers. She comes up and falls before him onto the ground.

She says, “I am not worthy of it, sir.”

He picks her up and uses his thumb to tilt up her chin.

“You are Olivia. I know. When I was 14, I had a vision of the day you were born. You were the High Queen sitting on the throne.”

He hands her the bow and arrows. She smiles and hugs him. Surprised he hugs her back. Then almost as quickly as it started it stopped. He says that he has to go. After he leaves Morgan pulls her back into his embrace.

He smiles and says, “Where were we?”

Olivia giggles and tells him, “I have a surprise for you.”

She smiles and pulls him back to camp.  She pulls him into her cabin. Then she drags him upstairs to her bedroom. She kisses him. Then she falls onto her bed gently. He comes and gets onto her and they continue kissing. After a while, they then fall into a deep sleep wrapped in each other’s arms. The next morning they wake up to hear a siren and loud booms. 

Morgan and Olivia rush outside. Jake and the others are gathered outside around the fire.

She screams, “What the heck is going on? Where are Kate and Ellie?”

Jake rushed and said, “We are under attack.”

He quickly tells her about their situation.

Then he finishes by saying, “They are going to find Rocky and Rosie. You know from the stories mom and dad used to tell us?”

She nods and then asks, “So how are those people not getting in here?”

Chris smiles, “Your land has a protection spell. Your parents cast it. But it will break when you turn 18 Olivia. We can explain later. Right now we need you to use your bow and arrows to defend us. We need to use the shield as much as possible.”

Olivia starts to shoot them through the shield.

‘Nice’ she thinks to herself.

Four hours later all of the Delamarites either left or died.

After a long day of fighting, she decides to go back to her cabin and rest.  

Jake and Carson went to go rest in their cabins to regain their strength.

Chris stood outside to guard Morgan. Max stayed to help. After a few hours, they all got up and ate dinner.

Olivia was starting to worry about Kate.

‘God. I hope they are ok.’ Olivia thinks to herself.

On the ground, Morgan looks up and says, “They are fine. Don’t worry.”

Olivia turned and looked down.

She asked him, "How can you read my thoughts?”

He smiles and says, “You are special. Not only because of your royal status, because of the power you have. I have the same power too. Our blood is close to the same.”

She looks confused and asks, “So. my brothers and little sister have powers too?”

He shakes his head then says, “No. Only you have powers. Your siblings help make sure that they are strong.”

She gasps remembering something her mom said to her. She walks away without saying goodbye.

Olivia walks to the stables down a path. She goes to a stall that has a sign on the door. It reads RAVEN. She opens the door and brings out the black stallion. She saddles him up.

Then she sets off into the woods. Mounted on Raven shooting arrows from sitting on him. After rehearsing it for an hour she tries to do it bareback. She accomplishes the task gracefully.

She sees a light in the distance. She goes to it then a snowball comes and hits her in the chest. She stumbles back but does not fall. Two hours later she finishes then puts Raven back in his stall.

She goes back to the cabin feeling dizzy. She goes into her cabin then collapses on the floor. She was unconscious.

Two hours later Chris knocks on her door. When no one answers he opens her door and sees Olivia on the ground. He pulls her up into his arms. He runs to Jake's cabin. Without knocking he bursts in. Jake comes downstairs with fury in his eyes. He softens as he sees Olivia in his arms. He tells Chris to put her in the guest bedroom down the hall. He does so. Jake runs upstairs to grab Megan from his room.

She comes down and checks her temperature. She curses under her breath. Olivia is cold as ice. Megan then tells Chris to grab some blankets from the closet. He does so.

Megan then tells Jake, “She is ill. We need to cure her fast. We need the blood of the person who did this to her. The blood of the Snow Queens should do the trick. Get Morgan’s it should work.”

Jake goes to Morgan and he cuts his arm. Then Jake pours some of his blood into a cup. Jake grabs Carson on the way back in. Then Carson asks what he should do.

Megan says, “We need a rabbit. Not any rabbit. His name is Snowball. He lives higher in the mountains. You will find him by looking for a white rabbit with a black lightning bolt on his chest. He can talk too. Bring Max with you. Those rabbits do not like visitors. Be careful.”

Carson nods then heads to the stables to find him. Two hours later Carson comes back with the rabbit. He comes in and bows to Jake. Then he jumps on the bed and takes a look at her. He sniffs her chest and listens to her heartbeat. Then he asks to see the blood. He smells it. Then he asks to see where it came from.

They take him outside to see Morgan. Then snowball goes up to Morgan and sniffs him. He shakes his head.

“No. Not the right person.” Snowball says.

Then he tells them, “It needs to be the queen's daughter Isabella.”

Everyone gasps. Isabella is a 15-year-old girl. She has always wanted Olivia to pay for betraying her. So she shot her with a magic snowball. That made her fall ill. Angry Jake gets up and walks out to Morgan. He punches his face. Morgan winces at the pain.

Jake screams, “You dumb!”

Jake punches him again. Then he tries to punch again but Carson comes up and holds him back. Furious Jake walks back to the cabin.

In their process of helping her, Olivia is asleep awaiting her death. Her coma is making her feel alive. She is trapped in a fantasy world. In her dream, she is 6 years old again. She and Kate are playing behind their parent's cabin. Then she starts to feel weird. While playing hide and seek she can’t seem to find Kate. While blacked out Chris is in the room with her. He is alone and crying. She can hear him crying somehow and a tear rolls down her cheek.

Chris leans over and says, “This is my fault. I’m sorry.”

Then he kisses her softly on the lips.

Then Megan knocks on the door.

“Chris, can I come in?”

Chris opens the door to see Megan and an older couple.

The man holds out his hand and says, “Hi. You must be Olivia's friend. I’m her uncle, Ray. This is my wife Dawn.”

He shakes the offered hand then excuses himself. Then he heads over to Olivia's cabin. Inside he sees a girl.

He goes then and asks, “Hey! Who are you?”

She must have been 16. He looks her over and sees short shorts, crop top, leather jacket piercing on her ears, belly button ring, and thigh-high black 4 inch boots. Her eyes are also a piercing blue. Her skin is white as ice. She seemed not to hear him. Then he coughs.

He looks over at him then says, “Hi handsome. What’s your name?”

She walks over to him and starts to slide her hands all over him.

Then he says, “I’m. Uh. I’m Chris. What’s your name?”

Still moving her hands on him she says, “Isabella. Call me Bella.”

She comes closer to him. He grabs her waist and pulls her to his chest. Then she puts her arms around his neck. They kiss strongly. Then he picks her up and carries her over to the couch. He puts her on the couch then gets on top of her. Thirty minutes in, someone comes in.

“Bella-“ Morgan starts to say.

Then he walks into the living room and sees Chris on top of her. He pulls him off of her and throws him across the room. Bella screams and curses at Morgan.

He smiles then says, “Hey little sis.”

He then pulls her to his chest. He kisses her.

She pulls away, “Bro! I am your sister!”

Morgan smiles and says, “I know. You are just so sexy in that outfit.”

She blushes but pushes him away.

Then he says, “Olivia? Really?”

Bella fakes an innocent smile. He laughs then hugs her.

Chris sits up then says, “Morgan?”

Morgan turns and picks him up by the throat. Chris then turns into a wolf and dashes out of the cabin. Bella transforms too and chases after him. Running faster he goes to the archery arena. He has two minutes to get ready. He goes over to Olivia's secret bow and arrows and picks them up.

Then she comes out of the forest and transforms back into a human. Chris shoots her leg and she takes off like an eagle. He goes back to camp on high alert. When he got back he could not find Morgan in Olivia's cabin. He goes back to the fire and sees Morgan tied up.

He asks, “Morgan? What?”

Morgan looks up. He gives a mysterious smile.

Then he asks, “Dude where did you go? Why do you look like you just ran a marathon?”

Chris sighs and says, “You were in her cabin. You and Bella.”

Morgan laughed then said, “No one was in her cabin dude. Plus if Bella were here I would not be tied to a pole.”

Chris nods then sit down. He snaps his fingers and a water bottle appears.

Morgan gasps. “How did you do that?”

Chris shrugs. “I’m a Blackman. You know the royal family of the underworld or something. I don’t know. I have powers and stuff. Olivia does too. Just she does not know yet.”

They agree to let Chris tell her. After a while Chris makes dinner. He and Morgan bring the food to Jakes’ cabin. They all eat in his dining room in silence. Only hoping that she would wake up soon and everything would go back to normal. They hope that when they do find the cure it won’t be too late.

Kate and Ellie are riding on horseback rocky and Rosie’s realm. They are riding along the lake when they decide to call it a night. They set up a tent and Ellie starts a fire. Once they set everything up Kate and Ellie make hot dogs. They eat them very quickly. Then they end up roasting marshmallows to satisfy them just in case they had to make a quick escape. After eating they both go into the tent and fall asleep.

The next morning Kate and Ellie wake up and start heading back in the direction towards the ocean. On the way there they stop in a meadow-hearing people. They then see other horses. They tie their own horses to a tree and sneak up behind a bush.

They saw people sword fighting and shooting arrows at targets. Others were throwing daggers to practice. Kate gasps loudly. Someone close to them turns and comes towards the bush. Ellie grabs him and puts her hand over his mouth. They bring him over to a tree.

“Dan?” Ellie asks, confused.

The man looks up and says, “Ellie?”

Without blinking she hugs him. Kate coughs. They look over at her and see her with her arms crossed.

“K, this is Dan. He’s my brother. Dan, this is Kate.”

Kate nods, “Hi. Uh. Who are you guys exactly?”

Dan answers, “We are enchantments. We are here to prepare for war against the Snow Queen. We are going to get the throne back for the sons of King Ethan and the daughters of Queen Susan.”

Kate laughs.

“What’s so funny?” Dan asks.

Ellie smiles then whisper into his ear. Dan’s eyes widen and he gets up. Then he bows.

Kate shakes her head then says, “That’s not necessary. I’m not Queen yet.”

Then Dan asks, “Why are you two out here? Where are your brothers and sister, Kate?”

She turns away with tears streaming down her face.

“We need to find Rocky and Rosie. Olivia is ill. My brothers are helping her.”

She then starts to sob. Ellie puts her arm around Kate. Dan gasps. Then he motions for them to follow him. Then he introduces Kate and Ellie to everyone.

He yells over the noise, “Attention! Our training is being put into action. We have a quest. We need to protect and be in service of Queen Kate and her sister and brothers. They are the rightful heirs to the throne.”

When he finishes everyone bows. Then they all start to celebrate. Kate and Ellie follow Dan.

“Hey! Carl!”

A fifteen-year-old boy comes up and Kate starts to blush. Ellie sees her blush and shoves her. Kate gives her a murderous look. Dan and Carl look back at them.

Carl says, “So Ellie. Now you are the protector of the kings and queens?”

Then he smiles. Dan smiles as well.

Ellie laughs and says, “No. More like old friends.”

Confused Dan looks at her and says, “Old friends?”

Ellie nods then say, “Yes. Kyle, Damien, Kayla, and Lilly.”

Then she winks. When Kate and her siblings were younger they had different names so then the Snow Queen would never know about them.

Dan turns red and says, “I had a crush on Kayla. And she is Queen Olivia?”

Ellie smiles. Dan turns even redder. Then Carl hits him on the shoulder playfully and starts laughing.

A few hours of introductions pass by. Kate and Ellie washed up then joined them all for dinner. After dinner, Kate and Ellie go and spend the night in Dan and Carl’s tent. Before going to sleep Kate goes out and sits on a bench by the fire. Then she looks up to the stars. She then feels a hand on her shoulder. She looks up and sees Carl smiling down at her. She smiles at him. He comes and sits next to her. He wraps one arm around her shoulder and she rests her head on his chest.

After a minute Carl asks, “Why are you out here?”

She says, “My parents told me that all the Kings and Queens that ruled this land live in the stars when they die. So I figured my parents were up there too.”

Carl nods. A few minutes later they walk back into the tent and go to sleep. 

The next morning Kate and Carl wake up alone. They left a note addressing that they left and would be back later, after catching up. Kate stretches and looks down at Carl. She sees him staring up at her. She moves to get up and he grabs her waist pulling her back down. They end up laughing with Kate on top of him. She kisses him passionately but fairly quickly.

All have a sudden, Ellie walks in and smiles, “Good morning, lovebirds. You’re in a tent you know. Everyone can hear you.”

Kate laughs then throws a pillow at Ellie and it hits her head.

“50 points for Kate!” Carl exclaims.

They get ready to go and Kate dresses up into a battle dress. Carl and Kate head out and see people practicing everywhere.

“Get down!” Kate yells at Carl.

She and Carl get down on the ground and an arrow goes soaring above their heads.

Carl looks over at her when they stand up, “How did you know it was coming toward us?”

Kate shrugs, “My sister is an archer. I guess it's just instinct from growing up with her.”

Then she smiles and they walk to go get breakfast. For breakfast, they eat pancakes, bacon, and eggs. After satisfying their needs, Kate and Carl walk to the lake, hand in hand.

Kate sighs, “So. I haven’t been here for about 10 years.”

Carl gasps and looks at her stunned, “10 years!”

She smiles and shrugs her shoulders like it was no big deal. They finally get to the lake and see a duck swimming around. Then from behind them, in the bushes, they hear a growl. Suddenly, a wolf jumps out and tackles Carl. Then it gets off of him and prances toward Kate. Worried, Carl grabs his dagger from his pocket and stabs the wolf in the right shoulder. The wolf whimpers in pain and falls to the ground. Kate stares into its eyes and tries to figure out why the wolf seems so familiar. 

Then she yells, “Scarlett?”

Scarlett looks up at her. Kate then falls onto the ground and heals the wolf with her healing potion. Scarlett’s wound instantly heals, and she stands up and licks Kate’s face. Kate laughs and plays with Scarlett.

Confused Carl sits down then asks, “Kate? Why are you playing with a wolf?”

Scarlett looks at Carl and starts to growl and bark at him.

“Down girl,” Kate sighs.

Scarlett moves away but refuses to move her eyes off of him.

Kate laughs to herself, “She’s my wolf. Scarlett met Carl now.”

Scarlett barks in reply.

“Anyways, I need to go get Ellie. So, don’t you two kill each other now,” Kate sighs and walks off.

Kate finds Ellie and explains to her everything that has happened. They both run down to the lake and when they arrive they find Scarlett on the ground bleeding. Carl is behind a rock with his dagger in his hand. Kate rushes over to Scarlett and heals her.

Ellie goes over to Carl and asks, “What are you doing?”

“Hiding,” he whispers to her.

Then he tells them how Scarlett attacked him and he stabbed her in self-defense. After finding no cuts or bruises on him Kate punches him.

She yells at him, “You almost killed her! I loved you and trusted you and you almost killed my sister!”

“Sister?” Carl asks.

Kate nods, “Yea. I made her with my blood.”

She turns away trying to hide her sobs. He stands up and pulls her into her arms. She turns and cries into his shoulder.

Then he kisses her forehead and whispers, “I’m so sorry.”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.