The Mission | Teen Ink

The Mission

March 21, 2022
By Star-Jay GOLD, Delanco, New Jersey
More by this author
Star-Jay GOLD, Delanco, New Jersey
13 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"With great respect comes big responsibility, and that responsibility is to treat others how you want to be treated."


I grabbed my sword and pressed it to his neck, before getting pulled back by Melvin…


Now you may think, how did I get here? Well here's my story…

 

Hello, My name is Regina Ginera. I am the 4th spy ninja on the team, with my brother being the 5th. Since PZ has ended, me and the others have gone on real life missions with Agent Ford and the FBI. one mission in particular, we had to go on a mission to execute someone. Yes you heard me right. Execute. The spy ninjas had to execute a criminal. His name was Peters. We have some background info on him as well. He is a very dangerous criminal which is why we were tasked with this. 

"We are taking you 5 with a dangerous mission ok? We need you to execute someone," Agent Ford explains.

"EXECUTE!? WE NEVER KILLED SOMEONE BEFORE!" Chad Exclaims.

"We are aware. But before anything, we must give you some background information.  His name is Peters. He is charged for a lot of things, most targeted when you were defeating PZL. He is on our most wanted and needs to be executed," Ford Explains.

"We will do it. Do you have any idea of where he is right now?" Vy asks.

“Yes. he is at his warehouse, but his sister Alie is protecting it,” Ford explains. 

“We will do what we can to end this dangerous Criminal,” Vy Says.


“So, what's the plan?” Daniel asks.

“Well, if we have to execute someone we should probably knock them out before doing so,” Chad explains. 

“Yes. you are correct. We must knock out Agent Peters if you want to execute him,” Ford replies. “Here's the thing.. How do we execute him?”

“Stab him!” Regina says without thinking.

“Now Regina, although it is a good way, he could still survive the stab wound.” Ford explains. 

“Hm.. Shoot him. Directly in the head. The blood will bleed out too fast and he will die.” Vy explains.

“Hmm.. Well, you guys are licensed to wield a gun now so.. Maybe?” Ford says with hesitation.

“Yea because none of the others would work. If we stab him he will survive, but if we shoot him, he has a very low chance of surviving,” Melvin explains.

“Slit.. his.. Throat..” Regina mumbles.

“What was that Regina?” Ford asks.

“Slit his throat. He will bleed out quicker than a gunshot because he will pop a vein. When someone pops a vein, they tend to bleed twice as much then any other wound, and if not treated immediately, he will die,” Regina explains, as if she knew.

“And you know that how?” Ford asks, a tiny bit concerned of Regina's mental health.

“Y’know.. Horror films,” Regina says.

“I'm still a bit concerned that you know that,” Ford replies.

“What about Vy? She mentioned a literal gun,” Regina protests.

“Well, you guys have seen us do that before,” Ford explains. “ On the contrary, you brought that up out of nowhere, therefore, I might not allow you to go on this mission.”

“Very well then,” Regina says, a bit disappointed.


So there it goes, I was pulled out of the mission for a simple suggestion, therefore I took matters into my own hands. I left the headquarters and grabbed a sword from the safehouse. I went over to the Warehouse and i Saw Alie.

“Hello Alie,” Regina Says.

“Dont play dumb, i know youre after my brother,” Alie replies.

“Actually, you're wrong. I am not involved in the FBI at the moment,” Regina says. “Now may you please let me in, and ill explain anything you want.”

“Very well then, come in and tell me about the mission,” Alie says. 

“Very well. So the FBI is going to enter through the back entrance. Keep your brother in a secret area. The spy ninjas will come and immediately shoot him. You are not allowed to be in the distance of the gunshot, got it?” Regina explains, while lying.

“I thank you for explaining. You may exit now,” Alie says.

“Copy that,” Regina says before texting Vy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vy-Regina

  Hey Vy.

  Whats up Regina?

  Although im not in the mission, i made it a bit easier

For you guys.

  How so?

  Well, i lied to Alie.

I told her you guys would come from the

Back entrance so you can come

In the front. Peters will be

In the secret room

The code is 1983.

She won't be in the distance. I've covered that.

So you guys can come! I got it covered!

  Seriously?! Omg Regina you are

Such a lifesaver! Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Or so they thought…

I go over to Alie. 


“Alie, they are on their way now, go to the back, i'll put peters away,” Regina explains.

I go and put Peters in there but then i pull my sword out on him

“Don't you even think about moving or this goes to your neck! Got it?” Regina taunts.

“You wish!” Peters taunts back.

By now the spy ninjas are spying on me, watching my every move. I grab my sword and pressed it to his neck, before getting pulled back by Melvin

“Regina Ginera!” Melvin shouts. “Going against the FBI?! SERIOUSLY?!”

“What. if you don't take my suggestions i'll take it in my own hands,” Regina protests.

“You were pulled out for a reason! For your safety and mental health!” Vy says. “You said something concerning to the FBI and they took you out to protect you. Your mental health is more important than this mission, and since you said that out of nowhere, we took you out.”

“Y’know.. I honestly could care less about my mental health and just get this freaking mission over with,” Regina says with a numb expression.

“Guys.. something is wrong with Regina. This isn't like her to have this.. Numb.. expression on..” Daniel explains.

“Regina? Is there something you want to tell us?” Vy asks with a concerned voice.

“Definitely not,” Regina lies.

“That is definitely a lie, Regina,” Daniel says.

“Thanks for noticing captain obvious,” Regina numbly says. “Now while we have him, let's kill him. You can pick the punishment.”

They all nod and Chad shoots Agent Peters right in the head.


And yea.. Next we went back to the FBI but I was restrained by Melvin and Chad the whole way back.


We get back to the headquarters and Melvin sits me down and handcuffs me to the chair.


“Calm down Regina,” Ford says. “We just need to ask you a few questions. 

“I will not respond to your questions!” Regina yells.

Before I knew it, this green mixture was down my throat.. Lie detector mixture. F*ck..

“Now Regina? Why did you go against us and try to do this mission on your own?” Ford asks.

“Well, if you wont take my suggestions, i'll do it on  my own,” Regina says. “You guys never let my suggestions go through and if you won't let me speak, screw it, i'll do it on my own.”

“Regina, we took you out for your mental health.. Are you ok?” Ford asks.

“No,” Regina replies, with slight sadness in her voice.

“I honestly knew.. Something was up with her since her numb expression with her voice,” Daniel says.

“We know, Daniel..” Ford replies. “For the safety of Regina's mental health, Daniel, can you be out of the missions so you're with her?”

“ I will do so,” Daniel replies.

“Thank you, now go with her while I speak to the others,” Ford says.

“Yes Sir,” Daniel replies.


So yea.. Daniel takes me out the room and I'm forced into a whole mental health talk and yea..



“Regina, i know i can't force this, but i want you to talk to me.. Whats wrong,” Daniel asks.

I look away immediately after he asks that, tears threatening to spill. He hugs me after and tears fall down my eyes, like a waterfall.

“I can't take any of this anymore! Seriously, I'm never included and i always feel invisible. Nobody listens to me!” Regina says through tears. “I'm struggling!” 

“Regina.. Why didn't you tell us?” Daniel asks in a concerned tone.

“Because.. You are worried about all these dumb little missions and nobody can see when somebody is struggling because they hide it and when someone knows, its too late!” Regina says in tears.

“Regina..” Daniel says before getting cut off.

“Dont “Oh Regina” Me. if you would've thought something was wrong, you would've asked me beforehand! If you really thought something was wrong, you would've told Melvin or Ford to talk to me before i escalated to hurting myself!” Regina snaps.

“Regina.. Hurting yourself? Hmm.. let me see your wrist,” Daniel says in a stern tone.

“Hmm.. No.” Regina replies, obviously knowing what she did was wrong.

“Regina Ginera,” Daniel repeats.

“Daniel Gizmo,” Regina mocks.

“Im not going to ask you again, and if you do, i will get Ford to restrain you so Melvin and I can look,” Daniel explains.

“Do it then,” Regina says.

Daniel goes to grab Ford and Melvin and next thing i know, Ford had me in a restrain chair. Straps were on my arms and legs, preventing me from escaping.

“Let me go!” Regina yells

“Hmm.. No.” Daniel says, as regina said beforehand.

“Alright Reg. we will do this the hard way,” Melvin says.

“You did not..” Vy says, knowing how angry Regina gets when somebody deadnames her.

“Oh he did.. And he will get a punishment after i get out of these straps!”Regina yells

“No. No you wont, because i have some dirt on you referring this,” Melvin says, partially pulling Regina's sleeve up. 

“Stop it! Please!” Regina starts to yell in tears. “Please dont pull up my sleeve!” 

Melvin drops my sleeve.

“Why? Its not like you're doing it so there is nothing to hide,” Melvin says, trying to get it out of her.

“I Did Ok?!” Regina finally confesses and everyone steps back, seeing her in rage, and tears. 

“Guys. unstrap her and step out of the room, i want to talk to her, Melvin can stay as well, as Regina is your sister,” Daniel says.

As everyone leaves, i start to step back in fear until i hit the wall, causing me to stumble and fall, but then the others sit next to me


“Regina? Why..” Melvin asks with concern in his voice.

“Ugh.. Because i did. Is that a problem,” Regina says.

“Yes it is a problem because if you wont explain to us, then we have to take you into a hospital and they'll force it out of you,” Daniel explains. “ Do you want that?”

“Ugh.. No i don't,” Regina says.

“Then why?” Melvin asks.

“Because.. Of… these.. Missions..” Regina says, starting to cry again. “They Are too stressful and nobody notices until someone runs off and hurts themself!”

“Regina.. You should've told us if this was stressing you out..” Melvin explains. “We could've helped you with a safety plan.. Ok?”

“Mhm..” Regina numbly replies, scratching her wrist.

“Lets get your arm wrapped up, and tell the others..” Melvin instructs.

The 3 go over to the first aid kit and start to wrap her wrist up.

“What are you doing?” Vy asks.

“Wrapping her wrist up so she doesn't have any cut infections,” Melvin explains.

“Oh..” Vy mumbles so none of them hear her. “My.. Past…”

“Past?” Chad asks.

“N-Nothing!” vy stutters.

“Sure..” Chad replies, knowing she is lying.

“Well, Regina.. C-Can i talk to you..” Vy stutters, tears starting to fill her eyes.

“Woah.. are you alright Vy? You don't normally cry..” Melvin asks.

Vy quickly notices and tries to wipe them away, but fails after chad hugs her, trying to comfort her.

“Its happening all.. Over again.. The thoughts.. The cuts.. The trauma.. Its.. its all part of my past,” Vy says in tears. “I don't  want someone doing what i did in the past..”

“I know Vy.. I know…” Chad tries to comfort. 

“Im sorry,” Vy says before passing out 

“Vy.. Vy.. Wake up please.. This isn't funny..”Chad starts to mumble, through tears.

It take a bit but then Vy eventually wakes up.

“VV!” Chad exclaims, hugging her in the process, but then notices vys numb expression. “Vy? Are you alright..”

“Mhm.. Perfectly fine.” Vy Lies.

“Do the thing..”Chad says his code word to the others.

“Wait!-” Vy says but gets cut off by getting lie detector mix in her mouth.

“Vy. you know honesty is our number 1 thing.. So.. why did you have such a numb expression?” Chad asks.

“I don't have to answer you..” Vy says, slightly upset.

“Yes. Yes you do, because if you don't, you'll be forced to say it by a doctor or a therapist,” Chad explains.

“I don't want to..” Vy says numbly.

“You have to Vy..” Chad says, starting to have sadness in his voice.

Vy reluctantly starts to explain, but towards the end, she couldn't speak because of her tears. Chad hugs her in an attempt to calm her down and it starts to work

“There there… your alright Vy.. you told us the truth and thats all that matters,” Chad comforts.

“Chad.. by force..” Vy says.

“Force?” Chad asks.

“You.. forced me.. I wasn't ready yet..” Vy falters through tears.

“Vy.. would you have rather been forced by a doctor?” Chad asks.

“I’d rather not be forced at all!” Vy shouts. “I hate being forced! You should know this by now Chad! It pulls me into a mental breakdown!”

Chad looks down, noticing the pain in her voice.

Vy notices how sad he got and looks up to him.

“Sorry..” Vy mumbles.

“Its alright Vy..” Chad mumbles with a saddened tone.

“Liar..” Vy slightly raises her voice.

“Im not lying,” Chad raises his voice.

“Both of you just cut it out so we can get to the bottom of this!” Melvin yells. “Two of our own spy ninjas cant even go on missions anymore because of their depressive state and you guys are just being annoying!”

Regina freezes, not being able to comprehend her kuya snapping.

Melvin looks at Regina and he notices her shock. 

“I..Im sorry..” Melvin says with a saddened tone.

Before he could let out any other words, he feels a pair of arms wrapped against his waist, hugging him. Regina.

“Don't even think about crying Mel.. you're a strong person. You snap sometimes. You lose control sometimes.. Thats ok..” Regina explains. “Seriously, even you can snap sometimes.. I know how you bottle up your emotions a lot kuya..”


“He does?” Vy asks.

“M’hm..” Regina replies. 

“Do you know why?” Vy asks.

“Mhm..”Regina replies, her tone lowering.

“Why?” Vy asks.

“Do i have permission to tell them Melvin?” Regina asks Melvin.

“Mhm.” Melvin replies.

“Mel presumes showing emotions as weak. He hates to show them unless he is by himself, or only with me because he thinks you will think less of him. He always fakes his emotions, but then i find him in tears shortly after. He says it is weak.. To show emotions…” Regina explains then stops after feeling deja vu.

“You alright sis? Its not like you to freeze up speaking,” Melvin says.

“I feel a strong sense of deja vu.. Like.. a reversive role..” Regina explains.

“I understand..” Melvin replies.

Regina starts to walk off but feels a pull from Daniel. She still attempts to walk off, but Daniel follows her.

“What do you want.” Regina asks with a bit of an attitude.

“Regina. I want to know why you stormed off like that!” Daniel replies back with an attitude.

“That is none of your concern,” Regina replies before pushing Daniel away.

“Im just trying to help you R!” Daniel yells.

Regina stops dead in her tracks.

“I’m aware you are trying to help, but I really don’t want anyone in my problems!” Regina raises her voice before storming out the headquarters.

Before daniel can even react to what she said, he runs out the headquarters to find Regina.

Daniels pov..


I walk all around the park, calling out Regina’s name, but as i get closer to our meet-up tree, i hear the sound of crying. I walk over and i see Regina sitting there, with her head buried into her knees. I decide to approach her.

“Hey there Regina..” Daniel starts. “Are you alright?”

Regina nods her head “no” and she lifts her head so it rests on my shoulder.

“I’m.. d-done…” Regina mumbles.

“W-What?.. What do you mean..” Daniel falters.

“I’m done.. With everything” Regina mumbles.

“Wait.. are you considering..” Daniel says, but stops himself.

Regina nods her head, tears falling down her face.

 “No no no.. why.. Why are you considering that out of all things.” Daniel asks, tears starting to form in his eyes.

“Because… im tired of living.. Im ready to give up..” Regina replies, fighting back her tears.

“Regina.. Can you try to fight for me? Please…” Daniel asks, 

“I really don't want to anymore…” Regina mumbles.

“Please.. I cannot live without you Regina..” Daniel says, fighting his own tears away.

“Daniel.. I don't want to fight anymore.. Ok?” Regina explains, her voice starting to shake.

I notice Chad watching us so i do something i would never do.

“Regina.. Look at me.. Like actually Regina.. Look into my eyes. I see that you are struggling, ok? I see it, but you have to fight the compulsion to do anything bad.. That includes self-harming, or killing yourself, ok? you have to fight it.. For me.. And Melvin.. And.. to the ninjas at home.. They all look up to you Regina. So please? F-fight?” Daniel tries to persuade her.

“Daniel.. Please.. Let me go.. I don't want to do this anymore..” Regina mumbles.

“Regina. No. im not letting you go without a fight! You. are gonna fight. Got it?” Daniel asks.

“Ugh.. Fine..” Regina mumbles.

Daniel hugs Regina as tight as he can and starts to cry.

“Thank you…” Daniel says through his tears.

Me and Regina head back over to headquarters where Vy and Melvin await us.

“How did you manage to bring her back?!” Melvin asks, shocked.

“I just had a little… Talk.. with Regina,” Daniel replies.

“Regina?” Chad asks and causes Regina to jump.

“When did you get here?!” Regina asks.

“Just now, but heres the question.. Are you ready…” Chad asks.

“Ready for what?” Regina asks.

“Ready to r-return to the missions?” Chad asks.

“I am ready..” Regina replies


“Remember that R? This is how the Raniel Chronicles started,” Daniel explains.

“Aha yes, i do remember those days,” Regina replies.

“Thats the first day i knew… That… I love you..” Daniel mumbles the last part.

“What was that?” Regina asks?

“That.. I love you!” Daniel says just a bit louder.

“I love you too Daniel..” Regina says


“Awwwww… “ Vy says, spying through the whole moment.

“VY!” Daniel and Regina yell in unison.


The end <3



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.