Im Wanted Dead by Daylight: Freddy Krueger Chapter | Teen Ink

Im Wanted Dead by Daylight: Freddy Krueger Chapter

After escaping the realm for the second time I went to sleep. The next morning I decided to wake up and go to the grocery store. On the way there I felt very sleepy as if I had never gotten any rest. This was strange because upon entering the realm time freezes here and I still go to bed at the same time I usually would. Except more tired from the constant running from the killer. But no this is different as if a clock is ticking to put me into an eternal slumber. Where I cannot awake without the help of someone.

After I went to the grocery store I went back home and was going to go to sleep for the night. But then I heard a strange voice inside my head. Not like the voice that called me to the realm. 

The strange voice said “Two worlds collide, don't sleep or you will die, Awake you see him near asleep you see him far. His way of killing you will leave you frozen in fear.” 

I decided to heed the voice’s warning and not go to sleep. Soon after I realize this is a killer from the realm. And it has a way of purging into the real world. I must protect the city and with that I called out to the voice of the realm.

“I’M UP TO YOUR CHALLENGE NOW GIVE ME YOUR WORST!” I yelled out.

The voice started to speak words other than my name. “So you have chosen to face the challenge now rather than wait.” The voice then added “I will let you take one item from your house that can not be used to damage the killer in any way.”

I knew exactly what to bring. I ran to go find a flashlight remembering what Bill did to the Huntress. And I went into the realm but instead of being met with a fully fledged place to run around I saw a campfire and a log to sit on. At the log I saw three other people. I presumed this is a place of peace since there was not a place to hide, do any generators, or even pull down the pallets on a killer's head. So I decided to use this time for introductions.

A man with a jacket introduced himself as Jake.

A black woman introduced herself as Claudette.

And then the person with a witch hat introduced herself as Mikeala.

…A second later, everything went black… I half expected to wake up in my room but instead I woke up in a weird place with oil coming up from the ground… and weird stone pillars everywhere. I decided to start walking around and a second later I found a generator. When I got onto the generator I heard a quiet heartbeat. I kept working on the generator, but started to work a little faster. I don’t want to see the killer yet. The terror radius started getting louder, and louder. But when the terror radius got really loud, I saw Jake.

“What's going on, are you running from the killer?” I asked Jake

“No, he transferred his terror radius to me,” Jake responded

“Great,” I responded sarcastically

We finished up the generator and went our separate ways. The terror radius dissapeared while I was walking away. I started to walk into the shack that was in the area, while I was looking around I heard the terror radius again. I decided to hide in the locker that was in the shack. The killer walked right through, he looked like a man, with a clawed glove. He walked out and the terror radius dissapeared, I slowly crept out of the locker. I heard a laugh and there were leaves flying everywhere, it was like I was in a dream. I started to walk away, I was walking towards the house, when I got there I saw an alarm clock. I walked up to the alarm clock and saw it was in a sort of bubble. I pulled the alarm clock out and the leaves disappeared, as well as the alarm clock. Just then another generator turned on.

“Three left,” I said to myself

I continued walking around and a couple seconds later I found Mikeala, it looked like she was breaking the totem. But instead of the totem breaking, a blue light started to glow from the totem.

“What is that?” I asked.

“It’s a boon totem,” Mikeala answered, startled.

“Oh, ok,” I responded.

I walk out of the room and I get jabbed by metal claws, I notice the leaves are back, and also the killer is standing right in front of me. I immediately turn and run out of the room. The killer’s terror radius is extremely loud, followed by the footsteps of the killer. I kept running, the killer was catching up, and I didn’t know how much longer I could outrun them. While running, a pallet caught my attention. It was upright, so I ran in the direction of it. When I got to the opposite side of the pallet as the killer, I dropped it on their head. They were stunned, and I ran away to start doing more generators. But before the killer regained their balance, I trained the flashlight on their eyes, blinding them. Just then another generator was fully repaired, there were two left to repair now. If I could keep the killer chasing me while the others repair the last few generators, I could escape. It shouldn’t be too hard, seeing as I kept the killer chasing me for long enough. The killer broke the pallet and at the sound of it I started running, the killer following closely behind. As I was running I got hit and went down. 

The killer picked me up and started walking towards a hook. When the killer got close enough they threw me onto the hook, I screamed in pain as the hook tore through my flesh. I waited, I realized that some black what looked like tentacles were forming around me. I started getting more nervous by the second. I tried to throw myself off the hook, and just barely managed to free myself, I realized that it was quiet, a little too quiet. Like the others weren't here. A second later I see Jake, crouching beside the hook. A second later the hook falls off of its post. I ran off to go find generators to repair after I saw the hook drop.

I find Mikeala and Claudette working at a generator. I start helping them and this conversation follows.

“So, you never actually told us your name,” said Claudette.

“Oh, sorry about that, the name’s TJ” I replied.

“Also what are your perks?” Mikeala asked me

“Perks, like in a video game?”  I asked

“Yeah the entity's realm does sort of feel like a video game,” Mikeala answered

“If you wanna talk about the similarities between the realm and a video game, you should talk to Feng Min,” Claudette added.

Just then the generator turned on, and I had a spark of hope, 

“I could survive for a third time,” I thought to myself.

But I started to wonder, what is the reward for me surviving all of the killers, what will happen if I die. But I couldn’t let those fears take over, I kept pushing on until I found the last generator. But then, I heard something calling me. Over by the shack is where it sounded like it was coming from, It was a weird sensation, I was frozen in place, I didn’t know what to do. It took a minute, but then I made my decision, I ignored the voice and kept searching for the final generator. But, I couldn’t find a single generator anywhere, it felt as if the area was empty. I heard the voice again and decided to still ignore it, I finally found the final generator and started to repair it. I hear the killers terror radius at a faint volume but deside to ignore it. A couple seconds later I see a slight glow in the distance. I feel a sudden strength, and with that glow, something is telling me to start speeding up the repair. So I do, another glow, I speed up even faster. And then, one more glow, I realize that the others have died and start crying. I speed up the repair even faster, and when it is finished I start looking for an exit gate.

I soon find the exit gate and begin to pull the switch, looking around to make sure the killer isn’t nearby. The exit gate finally opened and I walked to the end, but the exit got blocked off. I waited, and after about 30 seconds. Then the barrier that was blocking the exit finally disappeared. I walked through the exit and it all faded to black, I appeared in my room and looked at my shelf. There were now claws on it. And I climbed into bed and went to sleep.