Newborn | Teen Ink

Newborn

By KellyKay SILVER, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
KellyKay SILVER, Eau Claire, Wisconsin

You know when you're in love becasue reality it finally better than your dreams

Author's note: I wrote this peice when I was thinking about what Bella's other Family might be like when I realized noother family of Bella's was mentioned ecept her Mom and Dad.

“Goodnight Mom. Night Dad.” Angel said to her parents as she kissed them goodnight.

“Goodnight honey.” Her mother replied.

“Goodnight sweetheart.” Her father complied. Angel then walked up the stairs and shut the door behind her as she entered her room. She reached for her shoulder then slipped the strap down then repeated the process for the other strap of her dress. Finally she slipped out of the dress and into her white silk flannel pajamas. She went into her bathroom and brushed her teeth then crawled into bed a minute later, falling asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Angel jerked upright as she heard a crash. She pushed the covers back and flung her legs over the side then crept to the door. She slowly reached for the knob and twisted it. She stepped into the hall and saw her parents’ door was ajar. Angel’s body relaxed. One of them must have gone downstairs for a late night snack. Angel walked to their door to see who it was when someone grasped her from behind and a creepy voice started to talk behind her.

“Here you are. Your parents wouldn’t want you to miss this.” Angel shrieked and found herself pushed roughly towards her parents. They were tied up and struggled to free themselves to hold Angel. “Aww.” The intruder purred.” One big, happy family. I want to play too.” The man’s eyes turned red and he reached a wispy hand for Angel. Her father put his arms around her protectively the intruder laughed.

“Oh you pathetic mortals. Don’t worry I have plans for you as well.” The intruder continued to reach for Angel. She latched her arms around her father’s neck.

“Don’t let him get me, Daddy.” She cried.

“I won’t.” Her father tightened his grip on his daughter when the intruder ripped Angel from his arms.

“Daddy!” Angel cried as she fought to free herself.

“Angel!” Her parents cried back as they fought their restraints. The man defiled Angel in front of her parents. An act Angel found both painful and embarrassing. Once the man was done with her he tossed her aside then preformed the same act to her mother. Her father meanwhile screamed for him to stop but the man wouldn’t because Angel’s father couldn’t do a thing to stop him. Afterward the intruder opened his mouth and fangs protruded from his mouth. He forced Angel to watch as he drained her parents dry. He dropped her father’s body carelessly, walked over and knelt in front of Angel.

“And now the desert of my three coarse meal.” Angel spit in his face and the man cursed.

“Allez vous tuer vous merde tête.” The man smiled

“Feisty. You know I like my woman with a little fire. You’ll do just fine for me.” The man then bent her head at a painful angle and bestowed the ultimate kiss. Pain was the last thing Angel felt before darkness crowded in.

One Week Later...

“Coming!” Charlie shouted as he rushed to answer the door. When it opened her saw a woman in a gray business suit. Her dark hair was pulled into a bun at the base of her neck. “May I help you?”

“Are you Charlie Swan?”

“Yes, is something wrong?”

“I’m Irene Culver from social services. And unfortunately there is.” The woman sighed. “Your ex brother-in-law along with his wife were murdered last week.”

“Oh no. By who?”

“That we don’t know. But their daughter Angel survived and has no remaining family with the exception of you, your daughter; Bella, and you ex wife Renee.”

“Where is she?”

“In my car. Is there a room where she can stay?”

“Yes.”

“Okay then, I’ll go get Angel.” The woman walked back to her car and got Angel. Angel was wearing dark denim jeans with a white polo shirt and denim jacket with brown leather boots. Her red hair and green eyes looked at him blankly. Angel looked at the house with a distant look as she took her headphones off of her head and hid them in her shoulder bag. Charlie walked down to the white BMW and took Angel’s bag.

“Hey Angel, remember me? I’m Uncle Charlie.” Angel just gazed blankly at him and sat on the hood. “ Come on, I’ll show you to your room.” Angel slid pushed off the and followed Charlie into the house. Charlie glanced over his shoulder to see if she was following. Her head was bent making her red curly hair frame her round face. Charlie led her to Bella’s old room and sat her bag on the bed. “Well, here it is. I can get some boxes tomorrow and clear out Bella’s old things.”

“Thanks.”

“Your welcome. I’ll leave you alone now.” Charlie left shutting the door behind him. He recalled the way Angel’s voice sounded when she had thanked him. Distant, quiet, almost robotic. Charlie met Ms. Culver at the base of the stairs. “She doesn’t talk much, does she?”

“No, she’ll only talk when necessary. I’ll bring the rest of her belongings tomorrow.”

“Till tomorrow then. Ms. Culver, what happened exactly?”

“A man broke into her home and forced her to watch him kill her parents. He did much more than that but it isn’t my place to say. I suggested to her she start school again in a few days. I told her Monday, she’s already enrolled and has everything. Well I have things to do and places to be. Goodbye Mr. Swan.” Ms. Culver shook Charlie’s hand then left. He sighed then looked up when her heard movement.

Angel must really be going through something, he thought to himself. Losing her parents is horrible but having to watch their murder is just dishearting. Charlie walked into the kitchen to call Bella and tell her Angel was here.

“Hi, you’ve reached Bella. Can’t get to the phone right now; but leave a name number and a message and I’ll back to you as soon as I can, thanks.” Charlie waited for the beep then began his message.

“Hey Bells, it’s your Dad. Your cousin Angel is here. Come over as soon as you can. I need to talk to you about her. Bye.” As he hung the phone on the charger he heard Angel coming down the stairs. “Where are you going?”

“I need some air. I have my phone with me and I’m sure Ms. Culver gave you my number.”

“No, actually she didn’t.” Angel sighed and dung into her pocket for a piece of paper she held out to him. Charlie took it, saw the number and looked up just as the door closed.

Angel put on her headphones and turned on her Mp3. Forks was different from her home in White Plains, New York. She concluded as she walked through the town. She had a life in White Plains. All her friends and…Robby. Angel pulled out her phone and pulled down her headphones. She then looked at her screen saver. The picture was Robby and herself at homecoming.

That night Robby kissed her for the first time. They never spent one spare moment apart, always together. And now for her to disappear after a year and a half. Robby must be devastated, Angel assumed. She leaned against the railing of the bridge she was on and called Robby. Her heart pounding faster and faster in her chest making her fell like it was going to jump out as the phone continued to ring.

“Hello? Angel is that you?”

“Oh Robby.”

“Angel!” Robby shouted with relief. “What happened to you? Where are you?”

“Robby, how long does it take to get from Washington state to White Plains, New York?”

“Why? About six hours. Angel where are you?”

“Robby, I’m in Forks, Washington. How soon can you get here?”

“I’ll try right away. Why are you there? I went to your house and it was empty.”

“My parents were murdered and I was forced to watch among other things.”

“Angel, I’ll call you as soon as I get a flight. Baby it’s alright.” Robby cooed as he her Angel start to cry. “Hey do you still have that webcam I got you?”

“Yeah.”

“Find a computer and hook it up so we can video chat.” Angel straightened then started back to her temporary home. Robby would come for her.

“I just wanted to hear your voice and tell you what happened. Robby?” Angel asked when Robby didn’t answer.

“Sorry, Chérie I was opening my laptop and looking for a flight. I can’t get on a plane for another few weeks. We just got a huge snow storm and every plane is grounded. I’m not even sure Aunt Rosy will fly me out there. Sorry sweetheart.”

“Just my luck, my parents die and I’m flown to the other side of the country without a chance to say goodbye to you.”

“Hey.”

“What?”

“I love you ma Chérie.” Angel smiled.

“I love you too, Robby. You know what our situation reminds me of?”

“What?”

“Montana Legacy by R.C. Ryan. You now how-”

“The girl leaves and the guy hasn’t a clue where or why she left. I know the feeling.”

“So do I. I’m sorry. But they rushed me off so quick, and I just got here today.”

“Hey is it dark there? ’Cause if it is you should get inside. Set up video chat, then text me when you do. I’m sorry I can’t get there sooner.”

“It’s ok. I’ll survive…somehow. I love you so much Robby and I’m miss you.”

“I love and miss you too, Angel. Hey smile for me…that’s my girl.” Robby cooed when he heard Angel’s soft laughter.

“Tell me the poem please. I want to hear you say it.” Robby chuckled softly.

“I’ll be there when you can’t life you feet off the ground. I’ll be there to lift them for you. When tears trace down your cheeks I’ll be there to wipe them away. When your smile is turned upside down, I’ll be there top right again.

“’Cause I’ll be there when I see you smile. But a rough days frown won’t turn me away. ’Cause I’ll be there whenever you call I cross-my-heart promise to not let you fall.

“I love you Baby. And I’ll be there as soon as I can. Just hang in there. Hey isn’t your cousin Bella there with her Dad?”

“Yeah, but apparently she moved out. I’m staying in her room now.” Angel looked up at her temporary home and saw the silver Volvo in front of it.

“Angel? Are you there?”

“Sorry, I just saw a Volvo in front of the house and I was wondering who is was.”

“I don’t want to but I have to go now. Text me later, love ya.”

“Love ya, bye.”

“Bye.” Angel slipped her phone into her pocket and walked up to the house. She was lifting her foot to the next step when her other one slipped. Her feet went out from under her and she heard this awful crunching sound followed by a terrible pain in her left arm. Angel’s scream of pain pierced though the night as she clutched her arm.

“How is she handling all this?” Bella asked her father.

“I don’t know she hardly talks.”

“Do you know where she is?” Edward asked looking away from Renesme.

“I-” Everyone jumped when they heard a scream. They rushed to the door and when it was open they saw Angel on the ground clutching to her arm for dear life. Bella was first to Angel’s side.

“Let me see your arm.” Angel had tears streaming down her face and screamed when Bella started to pull her arm. “Edward, call Carlisle.”

“On it.” Edward pulled out his phone and made the call. After he tucked it away in his pocket and gently lifted Angel off the ground and into the house. A few minutes later Carlisle arrived and went to Angel. He carefully peeled off her jacket and apologized every time she cried in pain, Carlisle then examined her arm.

“It’s broken, I’ll have to take her to my office to make a cast.” Carlisle asked for ice and Angel hissed in a breath when he placed it on her arm. “My apologizes, but it will reduce the swelling. Come on let’s get you to my car.” Carlisle helped Angel stand and lead her to his car. An hour later angel was asleep in the front seat with her arm in a sling. Carlisle carried her up the stairs and up to Bella’s old room when the arrived at Charlie’s house. HE softly placed her on the bed and covered her with a quilt then left the room.

“I’ll come by tomorrow to check on her. Goodnight Charlie.”

“Thanks. Goodnight Carlisle.”

Bella covered her sleeping daughter and kissed her forehead the smiled when Renesme murmured ‘mama’. As Bella closes the door to her bedroom she noticed Edward sitting on the bed with a confused expression etched on his face. She changed into a short, lacy nightgown then crawled onto the bed. Bella put her arms around Edward’s neck and kissed his cheek.

“What’s wrong? You don’t usually let me finish changing.”

“It’s you cousin. I couldn’t read her thoughts.” Edward confessed.

“Maybe she has a shield like mine.” Bella guessed.

“Maybe…Alright, what do you want?” Edward chuckled, Bella stopped nibbling his ear and swung around into his lap where he cradled her like a baby.

“Isn’t it obvious? I want you.” Bella gasped as she found herself pinned against the pillows and Edward looming above her his breathe mingled with hers.

“Then you’ll have me.” Edward growled before he kissed Bella with unending passion.

“Angel, oh how I miss you.” Robby murmured as he placed his hand behind his head. Angel hadn’t gotten on chat but from what his father had told him she had fallen asleep. Robby looked at his watch, it was three in the morning.

“Mr. Robby, your father requests your presence in his study.” Robby sat up to see Reginald standing in the doorway.

“Thank you.” Robby climbed off the bed and strode to the door. “Why aren’t you home.” He asked his butler.

“The roads sir. But I’ll be ale to return once the roads are cleared.”

“Well at least rest, you looked exhausted.” Reginald bowed.

“Thank you sir.” Robby grinned at the man then left. Reginald had served his family for centuries before he was born. His family were vampires, and he had hid it from Angel ever since they were kids. Now they were in love, the greatest single feeling Robby had ever felt. He was ready to do almost anything to get her back in White Plains.

“You wanted to see me?” Robby asked as he entered his father’s study.

“Yes,” His father answered as he stood and walked to his son. “It seems Sonia has caught the man who broke into Angel’s home. I thought you might want to see him.” Robby nodded to his father. “Follow me.” Jonathan led his son through their home and into the basement where a special room was set up and the intruder was being held. When Jonathan opened the door Robby got his first glance at the man tied in the chair with sliver chains to prevent him from escaping. Sonia, and several others were in the room as well. When the man tried to jump out of his chair Stephen held him down, Robby noticed he wore gloves over his hands. Then he remembered the sensitivity to sliver. If a vampire touched silver it would burn their skin.

“ Let me go!” The man growled.

“We’ve tried to get him to talk, but…” Sonia said to Jonathan when he asked about the man. Robby walked over to the man and punched him in the face causing the man’s nose to bleed.

“That’s for her parents.” Robby punched him again. “That’s for her.” Robby then bent the man’s head and bit his neck sending venom through his body. “And that’s for you.” The man howled in pain and he would be for a few days. Robby then left and walked to his room. He then sat on his bed his elbows on his knees when he reached for a black velvet box on his nightstand. He opened it and saw the small diamond locket with a key attached lying in a bed of red silk. He opened it with they key and saw a small pictured of himself and Angel together. Then looked at the words on the other side of the locket.

You always had the key to my heart, R

He had this made to give her on her birthday next week. But he couldn’t make it to Forks, Washington when the entire airport was snowed in. Not even his Aunt
Rosemary a.k.a. would fly her plane. And she was one of the most courageous pilots. When she wouldn’t even fly, then everyone knew the weather was bad. He closed the locket and the velvet box and laid back on his bed.

“God Angel, I’ll get to you soon I promise.” he then closed his eyes and let darkness take over.

Angel woke up to the sound of rain dancing on the roof. She groaned and put her head under her pillow not wanting to get up. She wanted to wake up in her own room in White Plains with her mother cooking breakfast and her father setting the table. Then get dressed as Robby showed up to spend the day with her.

Sighing, Angel dragged her pillow off her head then sat up. She then remembered her arm when she tried to rub her face with her left hand. Angel thought her arm would hurt but here was no pain. Angel pulled the covers off her then swung her legs off the side of the bed. She noticed she was in yesterday’s clothes. She grimaced and walked over to the closet. She had hung a few outfits before she had left yesterday and now searched through them for something to wear. She finally picked out a blue and black bubble-sleeve top, black sateen crop pants, black Talia Mary-Jane shoes. She then dug through her suitcase for her jewelry box. Out of that she choose: the gold ring with Robby’s and her name engraved onto it-she had gotten for Christmas- her watch, then her diamond earrings with a matching necklace and bracelet.

She then styled her hair in her usual curls, went into the bathroom to brush her teeth then walked downstairs. She had taken the sling off when she dressed then put it back on after. She looked around the ground floor and noticed she was the only one up. She tiptoed into the kitchen and found a note one the fridge.

Angel,

I left for work, I’ll call about noon to check on you. There is cereal on the table and bowls in the dish strainer and milk in the fridge.

Uncle Charlie

Angel left the sigh where it was then poured herself a bowl of cereal. While she sat at the table she remembered she didn’t log on to chat the night before. She rushed up stairs and found her laptop then returned to the table. As soon as she was logged onto messenger Robby started to talk to her.

Good morning beautiful

Good morning how are you?

Fine what about you? Still holding up there in rainy Forks?

I’m fine but to tell you they have too many forks, lol.

Lol, I was about to say something like that. Hey dad caught the guy who broke into your house. He’s taken care of.

How’d he find him?

The guy tried sneaking up on Sonia.

That was pretty stupid, no one can sneak up on her. Guess what.

What?

Yesterday, after I hung up I slipped on some ice here and ended up breaking my left arm.

OMG! Are you alright?

Yeah it doesn’t ever hurt anymore.

I turning on video. A moment later Angel could see Robby sitting on his bed.

Hey stud.

Hey studette.

Funny Robby funny. Robby tossed back his head chi chest shaking with laughter.

Hey, guess what.

Huh?

The people at the airport are starting to clear it, but it will take a while we got massive snow here…any there?

Not a flake, only rain blah.

That stinks, if you were her I’d take you sledding or snowmobiling, or we could take a carriage ride like we do every year. But this year I would take you alone. Angel smiled and saw Robby smile back in the webcam.

I really miss you.

Same here, what are you eating?

Cereal. Hey who’s there I just saw a car pull up to the house through the window. Angel looked out and saw Carlisle getting out of his car.

Just Carlisle, he fixed my arm up and is Bella’s Father in law. Turns out she’s married even had a kid she’s really cute though. Brb I have to get the door.

Hurry back.

K. Angel stood and walked to the front door and opened it.

“Good morning Angel.”

“Salut.”

“Hi back. How is your arm?”

“Fine. Would you like to come inside?”

“Yes, thank you.”

“I’ll be right back I have to tell Robby I have to go.” Angel went back to her computer and saw Robby was still there.

I have to go ttyl…Love you

ttyl, love you. Angel then closed down the chat and pushed her laptop closed.

“Just out of curiosity, who’s Robby?”

“My boyfriend. So do you want something to drink?” Angel asked uncertain what to do or say.

“No thank you, I just came to check on your arm and to give you this. This is for pain medication for your arm.” He said as Angel took a piece of paper from him.”

“Ok, well bye then?”

“Yeah, bye.” Angel showed him to the door then went back to her computer to see Robby had logged off…Angel sighed.

“Well I could finish unpacking, well what I can do.” Angel said to the empty room. She closed her lap top then carried it upstairs to her room. When she shut the door a few boxes fell on her legs lightly. “Oh…” Angel had just put her laptop back in it’s protective case when the doorbell rang. Angel jogged back down the stairs and opened the door and saw Ms. Culver there.

“Hi Angel. Oh my, what happened?”

“I slipped on some of the ice on the sets.”

“Well I’m sorry, but I brought more of your things. Can you get some?”

“If I take my arm out of this sling maybe.”

“Ok well get a jacket on and come help. Do you know where Mr. Swan is?”

“He went to work, he should be back around noon to check on me.”

“Well it’s noon now.”

“It is? Wow I must have slept in late.” Angel had just finished the sentence when Charlie’s cruiser came into view a moment later it pulled in the driveway and Charlie stepped out.

“Hello Ms. Culver, Angel. Let me help with these.” Charlie said when Ms. Culver started to pull a box out of the front seat. Angel went back into the house and up to her room to make room for her things. Fifteen minutes later the rest and Angel’s things were in the room and Angel was busy packing Bella’s things away into empty boxes. It was just after four when Angel was done packing and unpacking. She sat on the bed and looked around. Her things replaced her cousin Bella’s things. Angel had collapsed all the boxes and stored them in the attic when she had taken Bella’s old things up. And now she rose to sit at the desk and work on her computer.

She plugged in her headphones, turned on her music and opened her story. Then started to type the hours away.

Charlie wasn’t much of a cook so ordered a pepperoni pizza for dinner that night. He went to the base of the stairs and called for Angel. When she didn’t come her called again, when she still didn’t come he walked up to her room. The steps groaning under the pressure of his body. He opened the door and didn’t see Angel on her bed.

“Angel?” He turned his head to the right and saw Angel at the desk her head resting on her arms. He head was turned away from him and he saw she had headphones and walked over to her. He reached out to grab her headphone when Angel shifted. She bumped into his hand, she turned to face him and pulled down her headphones.

“Yes?”

“I ordered a pizza, would you like to eat?” Angel removed her headphones.

“I’ll be down in a minute.”

“Okay.” Charlie left and Angel saved her story, and closed down her computer. She stood when images flickered before her eyes. She was in the woods, without her cast on and her eyes were glowing green like a cat’s. Suddenly there was a man in front of her his face bank and his eyes glazed over, like her was hypnotized. He dropped to his knees and she walked over and crouched down in front of him then tilted his head to the side. Then she abruptly suck her fangs into the man’s neck. Angel gasped and blinked she shook her head then went downstairs.

Charlie was watching sports and Angel sat on the couch writing on her laptop when the doorbell rang again. Angel looked up as Charlie stood to answer it. Angel returned her attention back to her computer as he talked to whoever was at the door. A minute later Charlie came back in holding Wal-Mart bags and Ms. Culver was following him into the kitchen. Angel looked up and set aside her laptop and slipped her arm back into the sling.

“I came to drop off some school supplies for you. Since you start school tomorrow.”

“I thought I started Monday.”

“Tomorrow is Monday. We got here Saturday.”

“My days must be messed up.” Angel helped take her things out of the bags and write her name on them. She put them in her backpack and went upstairs to take a shower. After she had wrapped her cast in plastic she turned on the water and undressed noting the bruises along with the cuts and scrapes marking her body. She stepped under the spray of the water and closed her eyes.

“Someone’s here in Forks.” Everyone looked at Carlisle as he walked through the door.

“How do you know?” Emmett asked.

“Ryan Reynolds’s body was found in the forest about two miles out of town.” Edward answered after reading Carlisle’s thoughts.

“This is obviously a newborn.”

“If this is a newborn then it won’t take long before the Voulturi step in.” Jasper quietly added. Alice sat on the couch quietly as everyone talked. An images flashed before her eyes.

“What do you see?” Jasper’s voice asked her quietly.

“A girl, about fifteen…” The Cullen’s waited patiently as Alice explained what she saw. “She’s in town again at the diner.” The Cullen’s were off.

“Jacob, stay and watch Renesme?”

“Sure. I’ll tell Sam about the newborn.” Bella jumped into Edward’s Volvo and everyone drove off. When they arrived at the diner a few people were there.

“Let me go in first.” Jasper said then exited his car to walk into the dinner. Jasper looked around he saw a teenage girl in jeans and a leather jacket talking to the waitress.

Edward, I need your help. The next thing Jasper knew Edward was next to him.

“Who?”

“The girl talking to the waitress.” Edward concentrated on her but then shook her head. She’s human. The girl must have left on our way here.” Edward concluded. They walked back out to their family and shook their heads.

“We should keep looking. She might show up somewhere else.” As the Cullen’s pulled away to search the newborn watched them go with a smile on her face. She had blocked herself from being see or her thoughts heard. They had no idea she was there, watching their every move. She was about to lure a helpless boy out of the diner to feed off when she heard them show up. She left the boy alone and rushed out.

“Hmm, looks like they’ll know if a bite anyone.” The newborn jumped down from her perch at the top of a tall fir tree and ran. When she got into town she switched to jumping from tree to tree. When she stopped she was at the edge of the parking lot to the hospital; she smiled. The Cullen’s would find her now.

As her alarm clock went off Angel groaned.

“I so don’t want to go to school today.” But nonetheless she got out of bed and turned on the light closing her eyes when the light hurt them. She also rubbed her head, had she hit it last night? Dismissing the thought she dressed in textured barley extended-tab twill pants, a solid cool white mandarin collar top, and white patent Mollie shoes. She then donned on her ring and a twenty-four inch gold chain necklace. Angel styled her hair into her usual curly style again then gasped her jacket and backpack. She put then back down and took off her sling, she wouldn’t wear it until she had to leave later. She tiptoed into the bathroom and brushed her teeth. She then tiptoed down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Charlie still slept in his room when Angel left the house. With her bag slung over one shoulder and her jacket zipped she locked the door behind her and walked down the steps. She was planning to walk to the high school when a car pulled up in the drive.

“Hey Angel, can I give you a ride?” It was Bella she was dressed in a pale periwinkle short-sleeve pin tuck popover, jeans and matching flats.

“Sure.” Angel got in the passenger side then waited as Bella drove her to school.

“So how’s you stay so far.” Angel gave her a look that said ‘you got to be kidding me’.

“Wet, and tiring. I didn’t plan to get this either.” Angel said as she moved her broken arm.

“I didn’t expect a lot either when I first came here.”

“Like getting married?”

“Yes, but I wouldn’t trade Edward for anyone in the whole world.”

“How old is Renesme?”

“A few months.”

“She looks older than that.”

“She grows fast. Hey, I wanted to know if you would like to meet the rest of Edward’s family. You’ve already met Edward and Carlisle, and Esme has been wanting to see you.”

“Who’s she?”

“My mother-in-law. But she’s very kind to everyone. Even before I married Edward she considered me a part of the family. Well here we are, why are you here this early?”

“Early bird gym. Although I don’t think I can do much. Thanks for the ride.”

“I’ll pick you up later alright?”

“Yeah, bye.”

“Bye.” Angel got out of the car and walked up to the gym. She opened the door and heard a few people playing basketball. They were cheering each other on. When Bella got into view of the gym she smiled. Hot, buff, shirtless guys. But she had Robby waiting for her. When the guys saw her they whistled and hollered. Angel smiled and went into the girls’ locker room. She found the teacher and knocked on the open office door.

“Hi, you must be Ms. Angel O’Neil.”

“That’s me.”

“Well I can give you a lock and you can pick out a locker.”

“Do I need to participate?”

“We are in the swimming unit. So I’ll let you sit it out. Go pick out a locker and go to the pool.”

“Thanks.” Angel answered when she was handed a lock.

“You’re welcome.” Angel then left the teacher and picked out a locker near the door so she could get out quicker. Angel sat on a small set of bleachers as everyone swam in the pool. When class was over she made her getaway so she wouldn’t run into anyone. Angel walked into the main office and saw a woman standing at the desk with a name plate telling Angel that woman was Mrs. Cope. A few minutes later Angel walked out of the office with her schedule and a paper that all her teachers had to sign.

She walked into her first hour class and her teacher greeted her happily and told her to pick any open seat she wanted. Angel picked a seat in the back to avoid curious eyes. Her second hour journalism class she did the same but when she looked at her schedule she saw her next class was French. She asked the teacher where the class was and a girl stopped next to them.

“I know where it is. I can take you ’cause I have that class. I’m Carolyn by the way.”
She held out her hand and Angel shook it.

“I’m Angel.”

“You’re new here right?”

“Is it that obvious?”

“Hey, um, is your family the Cullen’s?”

“No, why?”

“Well, everyone has been saying that because of how your dressed. But it’s not bad, infact I’m in envy over your clothes. Where did you get them?”

“JCPenny.”

“So where are you from?”

“White Plains, New York.”

“You’re a long way from home.”

“Yeah I just want to get back there.”

“Why?”

“My entire life is there.”

“Well I hope you’ll like it here.” They entered the classroom and Angel took a seat next to Carolyn. Angel was in the line for lunch when Carolyn popped up next to her. “Hey do have anywhere to sit?”

“No.” It was now that Angel got a good look at Carolyn. She had blond hair and blue eyes, unlike Angel’s red hair and green eyes. Her nose was long and straight and her face was rounded. She was Angel’s height and wore a simple pink t-shirt, with jeans and sneakers. When they had gone through the line Carolyn led Angel to a table where am few others were sitting.

“Carolyn who is this you have here?” A boy asked her. He had brown eyes with black hair and a short crooked nose.

“This is Angel, Dan.”

“Hi.” He greeted to Angel. Carolyn introduced her to the other students at the table. As everyone talked Angel ate quietly, her mind filled with her friends in White Plains. What were they doing? Were they thinking about her? Would they call and talk to her? Angel had those thought running through her head for the rest of the day and up until Bella picked her up.

“How was school?”

“School was school.”

“Well we should get you changed.”

“Why?” Angel asked as they pulled out of the school parking lot.

“You are going to meet Edward’s family today. I hope it isn’t to over whelming.”

“No, not in the least. I just don’t know what I’ll wear.”

“What you have on is fine. But we should stop back at Charlie’s I have to go to the bathroom and you can fix yourself a quick lunch.” Bella turned her Ferrari into Charlie’s drive then snatched up her purse and walked up to the house behind Angel. Bella reached up for the spare key and unlocked the door. They walked in and split into their own directions. Bella sighed when she shut the doors to the bathroom and looked in the mirror her contacts were gone. She opened her course and popped in another pair. She then smelled blood. She was about to go investigate when Angel called her telling her the phone was for her.

“Hello?”

“Bella, someone broke into the blood bank at the hospital last night. Carlisle thinks it’s the newborn.” Edward murmured.

“Why?”

“This newborn has a gift they can alter minds.”

“You mean like control them?” Bella whispered.”

“Yes. They took control of the few staff members and had them change the records for the number of blood bags. Btu when Carlisle looked over the security footage it was like no one was there.”

“Ok, we’ll talk about it later. I’m about to head over with Angel.”

“We’ll be waiting. Love you.”

“Love you too. Bye.”

“Bye.” Bella hung up the phone just as Angel came back into the room to put a plate in the sink and grasp a bottle of water from the fridge. “What’s that face for?”

“Some one broke into the blood bank last night and they aren’t shown on the camera footage.”

“Who said that?”

“Edward. Well come on lets go I could hear Esme in the back round.”

Angel looked with wide eyes at the Cullen’s three story house in the clearing.

“You lived here?”

“Well actually I live in a cottage not far from here. But I hang out here most of the time.” When Bella opened the door Angel was greeted by a woman who everyone called Esme. She was sweet to Angel as was the entire Cullen Family. To Angel they were just like the family she used to have. All loving and kind and didn’t have a care in the world. It made her heart ache at the thought of her parents. Their ashes in her room. But Angel smiled and laughed during her time at the Cullen’s house. She felt home there, when Angel thought it she mentally shook her head. No, she was going back to White Plains to be with Robby and his parents. They always said if anything happened she was always welcome in their home. Angel finally decided as soon as she had a chance at Charlie’s house she would check her computer for flights to White Plains. When Angel met the Cullen’s she smiled. It wasn’t just Bella and Edward with their daughter. It was Emmett and Jasper, and Rosalie and Emmett and Esme. Alice was sweet and hyper, anxiously awaiting to play dress up with Angel.

Then Emmett reminded her of Robby and the older brother she never had. When he was in the room she felt safe. But Rosalie was cold as soon as Angel started warming up to Emmett. Angel noticed Jasper talking to her and felt some of Rosalie’s anger resolved. Angel was invited to spend the night at the Cullen’s home but she politely declined the offer. Bella drove her home, then followed her into the house to make sure no vampires had been in the house. Once Angel was situated Bella left only to remember about the blood she smelled in the bathroom. Maybe it was Angel. Or was it the blood from the blood bank. Bella wasn’t sure but she was going to keep her cousin protected.

The Cullen’s were talking when Bella suddenly said.

“I think it’s Angel.” Everyone looked to her. “I know it’s crazy but when I was there I smelt blood. I thought it might be just Angel’s but…I’m not sure. It didn’t smell like hers.”

“Bella, are you sure?” Carlisle asked. Bella nodded her head.

“Yes and no. But someone should watch the house. Just in case.” Everyone looked at one another.

“Hell, I’ll do it.” Emmett said and Rosalie gave him a disapproving look. Despite her look Emmett go to his feet. “I’ll call if I see anything.” Emmett left the house and a furious Rosalie behind. He knew She was jealous but Emmett felt like a big brother to a little girl who was broken and needed fixing. Was he in love with her? No, it was just a brotherly love. Besides he could feel she had someone waiting for her. Emmett broke out into a run and slowed when her neared Bella’s old house. He could hear Charlie’s snoring and listened for Angel’s soft breathing but what he heard was the soft typing of keys. He heard music playing and heard a man’s voice.

“Hey, I’ll get there as soon as I can. The runways are almost cleared we just got hit with more snow and everyone has been working hard.”

“I just miss being there, Robby. Everything here is nothing like White Plains. I want to be with you and your parents. Not here.”

“What about your cousin Bella?”

“She has a family of her own…” Angel was silent for a while.

“What’s going on now?”

“They just had their first. Nothing graphic like I’ve read. Alley is freaking out of Eric and just slapped him.”

“Really god Alley isn’t like that.”

“I can make people however I want. Heck I could make Eric kill Alice. And have Emmett come after Him.” Emmett was shocked at the mention of His and Alice’s name but then sighed with relief at the next sentence.

“But you know as well as I do I don’t write things like that.”

“Merde ma Chérie.”

“Oui, but hey, who cares?”

“Your characters, remember that teen ink story about the writer torching its characters?”

“Yeah?”

“That’s what you’re doing.” Angel scoffed.

“No I’m not!”

“Ok, you’re not. But hey when I get there I have something to tell you.”

“What?”

“You’ll find out.”

“Hey did you get my message about the movies?

“Yeah, when the times comes we’ll have to get our gear and go see them.”

“Definitely. Well I have school tomorrow so I have to go to bed. And it’s two in the morning where you are.”

“I know, but I always wait to talk to you.”

“You’re sweet.”

“You hot.”

“Get those thoughts out of your head.”

“I’m sorry I can’t help that my girl friend is a total hot chick.”

“Not to everyone else. I’m just plain ugly.”

“They don’t see what I see. You know you're in love when you can't sleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

“Yup, you just said it.” Angel yawned, and Emmett heard a chair move.

“Well I’m tired and so I’m going to bed. I’ll talk to you tomorrow. Love you.”

“Love you too. Bye.”

“Bye.”

Emmett listened as Angel changed and got into bed. It was near three a.m. when Emmett heard her moaning. She was mumbling something her heart rate was sky rocketing. Emmett heard Angel gasp then fall out of bed. He though about going to see if she was ok but then knew he would blow his cover. “I’ll never fall back asleep now.” He heard Angel cry. He heard her moving around and then heard her getting dressed. The window to her bedroom opened and he saw Angel jump to the tree across from it then climb down. Emmett wondered how she did all that with a broken arm.

Angel sneezed then shook her head, she placed her hands into the pockets of a leather jacket she wore and walked into the woods. She had knee high leather boots on with jeans and her leather jacket. Emmett followed her from a distance, she was just walking deeper into the woods. Finally there was a clearing in the woods and a bridge loomed over a stream. Angel walked onto it then leaned on the railing and sighed. She looked up into the sky and Emmett saw a tear roll down her cheek.

Angel turned and sank down onto the bridge. She placed her wrist over her right knee and let her left leg slide flat. she bent her head back and continued to look at the stars. Angel sat in silence for a while before she moved again to sit on the railing of the bridge. She looked down at her reflection in the water and Emmett saw the tears racing down her face. Feeling sorry for her Emmett walked towards her. He stepped on a twig and Angel’s head snapped towards his direction.

“Hey, why aren’t you at Charlie’s?”

“I couldn’t sleep.” she admitted when she recognized him.

“Neither could I.” Emmett laughed. “ What are you doing out here then?”

“I just walked till I stopped. Do you have the time?”

“About three A.M. You should get back, if you’re going to get up for school tomorrow.”

“I don’t want to go to school here. I want to be in White Plains where all my friends are. And Robby.”

“Whose Robby?” Emmett asked as he leaned against the railing next to Angel.

“My boyfriend. We’ve been friends since we were kids. But when we got into high school things changed. if my parents weren’t killed I would be headed to Robby’s right now for a ride to school.”

“Well you know not everything is so bad here.”

“Yes it is. I know hardly anyone here. And Rosalie I think is jealous of me being with you.”

“Why do you think that?”

“As soon as I started hanging out by you she went from kind to cold-hearted. I don’t mean to make her jealous. You just remind me of Robby or the big brother I always wanted.” They were silent for a while then Angel sighed and climbed down off the railing. She bent over and took off her boots. Then took a deep breathe and did a hand stand.

“What are you doing?”

“Since I can’t practice my fighting, I’m thinking.” Emmett watched her as she stayed like that then flipped back to a normal position.

“What do you mean fighting?”

“Sometimes when I can’t sleep I would go to my basement and practice like self defense and sometimes Robby would surprise me by showing up.”

“What about your parents? Would they like that?”

“They knew he would come over. And they didn’t care, we didn’t do anything we weren’t supposed to. He would even come over on the weekends and wake me up so sweetly. I really miss him.”

“If I were you I would too.” Emmett looked at his cell phone. “I should get you back before Charlie wakes up to find you gone and thinks you’ve been kidnapped. Or ran away.” Angel picked up her boots and sat on the railing She lifted her boot to her foot when the railing gave way and she and Emmett fell into the stream. The stream was deep and when they were wrapped in the water Angel hit her head and lost consciousness. Emmett looked around for her and but couldn’t see her.

“Angel! Angel, where are you?” The cold water slapped him in the face when he dove under water to look for her. The water was so dark not even his vampire eyes could see her. He panicked and thought he had lost her. He looked around for hours but couldn’t find her.

Angel’s head surfaced for the water and she saw a beach up ahead she swam towards it. Her body radiated with pain as she swam closer towards shore. She crawled onto the black sand and coughed out the water from her lungs. Losing her strength she fell to her side and closed her eyes, welcoming the sweet warmth that grasped her from the cold of the wind against her wet body.

Paul, Jared, and Quil all searched the forest for a newborn Jacob had told Sam about.

I don’t smell anything. What about you guys?

You’re right Quil. I smell nothing. Jared replied to him. they continues to walked through the woods and the smell of salt water hit them as they neared the La Push beach. It was still early morning and they were hidden well by the woods this brush. Suddenly Paul stopped and sniffed the air.

What is it Paul? Quil inquired and he stopped too.

I smell something different, not vampire, but…

Human! Jarred exclaimed when he saw a body lying limp on the beach. Jarred changed back into his human form and quickly pulled on his shorts then ran to the body on the beach.

“Jared! Who is it?” Paul asked when he and Quil met up with him.

“I don’t know who she is. I haven’t seen her before.”

“She’s shivering, we need to get her someplace warm.” Quil observed.

“Call Sam and Emily.” Jarred told them and Paul went back into the woods and a minute later a howl erupted from where they last saw Paul. Jarred put his arm beneath the girl’s shoulders and held her body to his. She was ice cold against him and he thanked his wolfs genes for making his body temperature so warm. A few minutes later Sam emerged from the woods along with Paul. And then a car rolled onto the beach.

“Let’s get her to Emily’s. If she stays out here any longer she’ll get hypothermia.” Sam took Angel from Jarred and ran to Emily’s truck. Angel wouldn’t fit in the front seat so he placed her in the truck’s bed after laying down blankets. He covered her with some and then the rest of the pack climbed in the bed as he climbed in the front of the truck. Emily drove to her home and tried not to go to fast thinking the girl in the bed might get even colder.

When they arrived at her home Jarred picked up the girl and carried her to Emily’s room where Emily stood with dry clothes. Jarred went back downstairs as Emily changed the girl and saw Sam outside.

“What are we going to do about the girl?”

“When she wakes up, we’ll ask her who she is and then take her home.”

“WHAT!” Bella yelled at Emmett. “You lost her?” It was now noon and the sun was out preventing the Cullen’s from searching for Angel.

“I looked everywhere for her.” Jasper calmed Bella down. Bella then left the house and went to her cottage. Edward followed her and found her on their bed, her shoulder’s shaking.

“Hey, it’s alright.” Edward said as he sat down next to Bella and rubbed his hand up and down her back. “We’ll find her, don’t worry.” Bella’s shoulder’s stopped shaking as an idea struck her mind.

“The pack.”

“What?”

“The pack,” Bella said as she lifted her head from the pillow. “Jacob can look for her.”

“We could ask him.”

“Then where is he?” They heard a knock on their front door and Edward used his speed to answer it. Bella heard Jacob’s voice but it was muffled. A minute later Edward returned and sat on the bed.

“Jacob is going to the reservation to talk to Sam and find Angel.”

“He’ll call us when he finds her.”

“I hope he does.”

Angel felt the warmth and silk around her. It confused her, the last thing she remembered was her body shaking on the cold black sand of a beach. Angel heard voices and smelled blueberry muffins. Angel opened her eyes then used her hand to shield them from the sun shinning through the window. When her eyes adjusted she looked around the room. It was a woman’s room because the décor boldly told a woman occupied this room. It was a woodsy theme with a wood bed frame and the scent of pine. Angel carefully got out of the bed and went to a door and opened it. The sounds of voices grew and more scents of breakfast floated up the stairs to her.

Angel took a step forward and she walked down the stairs. She had barely taken another when she saw a teenage boy at the base of them.

“Hi, I’m Seth. Come down here and get something to eat.” The boy then disappeared and Angel continued to walk down the stairs. When she turned a corner she saw a woman with a man’s arm around her then a few other men eating at a table. They were all talking but stopped to look at her. Angel immediately wished she was see through.

“Hi, I’m Emily. Would you like a muffin?” Angel nodded and grasped a muffin from a plate and started to eat it. One of the men at the table stood and offered her his chair. She quietly sat down and continued to eat her muffin. The men or better yet boys at the table tried to get her involved in their conversations but she shook her head. About a half hour later another man walked through the door.

“Hey guys.”

“Jake. How are you?” Seth asked.

“Good, I’m actually looking for someone.”

“Who?” The man with his arms around Emily asked.

“Angel O’Neil. She went missing last night and Emmett couldn’t find her. She fell into a stream and was probably carried down stream.”

“Hey is that you?” Someone asked as they turned to Angel. Suddenly all eyes were on Angel as she nodded and stood. She walked past Emily.

“Thanks for the food.” Angel then realized she wasn’t in her own clothes. Emily noticed.

“Follow me. You can change upstairs.” Angel followed Emily while Jacob called the Cullen’s. When Angel came back downstairs, Jacob was waiting for her to take her back to Charlie’s. Angel thanked everyone then left with Jacob. Sometime on their way back Angel was looking out the window and thought she saw a wolf.

“Whoa!”

“What?” Jacob asked looking at her. Angel twisted in her seat to look back at the spot she saw the wolf at.

“That wolf was huge.” Angel twisted back in her seat to face the front.

“Hey what happened last night after you fell off the bridge?”

“I can’t remember. The last thing I do is crawling onto a beach then I woke up at that house.”

“Emily’s?”

“Yeah.” Angel looked out her window and images flickered before her eyes again. It was like the last time she had them. But this time she was by a river and was drinking from blood bags. Angel blinked then opened her door as she realized she was at Charlie’s. Angel opened the door to Jacob’s car then walked inside. Jacob followed her in and made sure she was alright. The phone rang and Jacob picked it up. Angel’s head was pounding by that time and she walked up the stairs to the bathroom where she found some aspirin. After she swallowed Angel walked to her room and turned on her computer.

As soon as it finished, Angel changed her mind then turned it off she turned to walk to the bed. But felt this sudden pressure on her head it was like someone war pushing her down. Angel’s legs gave out and she collapsed on the floor unconscious. When Angel woke up someone was holding her eye open and flashing a light into it. Angel groaned and moved her head to the side.

“She has a concussion. Don’t let her fall asleep.” She heard the muffled voice and felt herself being picked up and placed on a bed. Angel closed her eyes and tried to go back to sleep but whoever was there didn’t let her. Angel was getting pissed and fast.

“Let me sleep,” She murmured. “I’m tired.” Angel tired again but whoever ever was there wouldn’t let her. Angel sat up and put her hands against a wall to help her walk. She instantly felt arms around her guiding her. Angel’s balance faltered and the arm’s around her tightened. Angel found the strength to open her eyes and took in the area around her. She was at the Cullen’s home and Bella was holding her arms around her waist. Angel’s head started pounding and pounding and pounding until she couldn’t take it anymore. Angel placed her hands over her ears and let her legs buckle. She screamed in pain as images hit her like an avalanche in her head. People lying dead in her arms, her clothes soaked with blood. Blood! Blood! Blood!

Angel continued to scream she heard Robby’s voice scream her name in panic. But then everything was black and Angel knew she was dead.

Robby sighed as Rosy’s plane took of the runway and he sighed again when it landed. He arrived at Charlie Swan’s house. He bounded up the stairs and knocked viscously on the door. When a man opened it Robby blurted out.

“Are you Charlie Swan?”

“Yes?”

“I’m Robby, I’m here to see Angel. Do you know where she is?”

“She’s at the Cullen’s.”

“Can you tell me their address?” Charlie gave it to Robby then Robby jumped back into his car as pushed his car as fast as it could go. He arrived in front of a three story house not paying attention to detail he rushed up to the door and again knocked vigorously.

“Is Angel here?” He asked as soon as a woman opened the door. Before the woman could answer a scream erupted from the house. “Angel!” Robby brushed past the woman and up a stair case to a floor where he found Angel screaming. “Angel!” Robby fell to his knees next to her. He took his necklace off and placed it around her neck. Angel’s screams stopped and she fell limp. Robby picked her up into his lap and brushed her hair back form her face. “Angel…” Robby realized what happened. The man who had broken into her house had changed her. She hadn’t been changed properly, nor were the rules explained to her.

“Excuse me who are you?” A woman asked.

“He’s Robby. Angel told me about him.” A man behind him said. “I’m Emmett, this is Bella, Edward, Alice, Jasper, Rosalie, Carlisle and Esme.” Emmett gestured to each person he named and Robby nodded then returned his attention back to Angel. He moved a lock of her hair away from her face then stood with Angel in his arms.

“Sorry for coming in like I did. I just heard her scream-”

“We understand. Anyone of us would have done the same if we were you.”

“Is there I room I can put Angel?”

“Follow me.” Robby followed Carlisle into a bedroom and laid Angel down with all the care in the world. “Might I ask what your last name is?”

“You know my father, Jonathan McKay. I’m his son Robby. I don’t mean to be rude but I need blood for Angel. A vampire broke into her house and changed her improperly. If I get her blood now I can most likely fix her transformation.”

“I can get you want you need.”

“Thank you.” As Carlisle left he shut the door and Robby dropped to his knees next to Angel. He hoped to hell he wasn’t too late to save her. Robby hooked up another bag of blood to the I.V. hooked up to Angel’s arm. It was now almost midnight. The transformation was be over soon. So Robby hoped. He kissed Angel’s forehead, and held her hand. A minute later he kicked off his shoes and laid down next to Angel. He tucked her into his side and closed his eyes. He would sleep for a few minutes then wake up again.

Angel’s eyes opened and she recognized the familiar scent of Robby’s woodsy cologne. She smiled then opened her eyes. Robby was lying next to her his arm draped over her back as she faced him. Robby tightened his hold on Angel and she smiled at the feeling of being in his arms again. The smell of his cologne surrounding her. And his breathe mingled with hers. Angel curled closer to him and saw him smile. She reached her index finger and ran it down his face. Thinking that he was just a fragment of her imagination.

“You’re staring.” Robby whispered and Angel smiled.

“No, I’m not.” She whispered back defiantly. “I’m studying a piece of art.” Robby opened his eyes then claimed Angel’s lips for a kiss.

“I’ve missed you.”

“Dido. How’d you find me?”

“I stopped at your uncle’s house he told me you were here and here I came.”

“I’m glad.” Robby’s smile disappeared and Angel’s followed. “What’s the matter?”

“How do you feel?”

“My head hurts a bit.” Robby tucked his finger under her chin and lifted her gaze to his.

“I wasn’t too late.” Robby’s smile returned.

“What do you mean?”

“What did you see before you blacked out?”

“What do you mean? I saw blood, and people dead in my arms…” understanding dawned upon Angel. “Did I do those things?” Robby looked away and nodded.

“But not on purpose. The man who broke into your home he was a vampire. He changed you…improperly.”

“So I’m a vampire. And you’re one ’cause that’s how you know all this?”

“Yeah…”

“Ok, well. That is just…weird.” Angel said as she sat up. Robby did the same and thought Angel was hate him.

“I’ll understand if you won’t want to see me anymore.” Robby said turning to stand and tuck his hands in his pockets. Angel turned to him with a confused look on her face.

“Why wouldn’t I want to see you. You’re my soul mate. And now we can be together forever like we always planned.” Angel said as she wrapped her arms around Robby’s shoulders.

“I thought you would hate me now.”

“Robby, I’ve been reading vampire books for years. I’m not going to hate you. I would have figured it out on my own sometime soon.” Robby turned to where he faced Angel.

“Will you spend the rest of forever with me? My father can make it to where you can live with us. Adoptive papers and stuff.”

“I would love that.” Robby kissed Angel then drew back and took her hand in his.

“As you wish.”

“You’re quoting that guy from Princess Bride.”

“And I’m loving you at the same time.” Robby kissed Angel again with all the happiness in his heart as did Angel. “You know what?”

“What?”

“Did it hurt?”

“When I fell from heaven?”

“Yeah?”

“No, because you caught me before I hit the ground and hurt my wings.” Robby smiled and Angel retuned it. They had all the time in the world to be together.

That summer…

The Cullen’s walked through the state fair with their new sunglasses on. It allowed them to go into the sun as if they were human. But only they had a pair and only they knew about it. Angel had been working on the glasses ever since she left Forks. She had felt sorry the Cullen’s couldn’t go out in the sun. Alongside her writing, learning her new abilities, and school, she had crafted the glasses then sent them to the Cullen’s. They were now here at the State fair on the Fourth of July. Angel has invited them here to have some fun. Renesme was eating blue cotton candy while holing her father’s hand. The rest of the Cullen’s were riding the rides or playing games.

“Where’s Angel, mama?” Renesme asked after she swallowed a bite of cotton candy.

“I don’t know, we’ll have to find her.” Bella replied.

“Renesme!” Edward and Bella looked in time to see Emmett and Rosalie run forward and hand their daughter a stuffed animal.

“Thanks, Uncle Em and Auntie Rose.” Renesme laughed as she hugged her stuffed lion. She then handed it to Bella who put it in the stroller with the others.

“Hey guys where do you think Angel is?” Rosalie asked

“We don’t know?” Edward replied. “Where is everyone else?”

“Somewhere. Who knows?”

“We do!” Alice said as she skipped up to them with the rest of the Cullen’s in tow. They turned when they heard people clap and cheer.

“I wonder what’s going on?” Esme wondered.

“I think a band is playing.” Sure enough when they stopped at the edge of a crowd there was a band setting up. Apparently back from a break. A girl in a bright yellow sun dress, her hair in ringlets down past her shoulders.

“We’re going to slow it down a bit so all you couples out there take a brake and find you significant other.” The girl looked back at the band and nodded then the music started. “I still hear your voice when you sleep next to me.” The girl started to sing the slow version of Every Time We Touch by Cascada. All the Cullen’s started to dance and Edward danced with his daughter and wife in his arms. It was so sweet on the warm, sunny, fragrant, day in July. A chorus started to sing with the lead singer as well and it was pure heaven. The band continued to play other songs such as Like a G6, Shut up and Drive, and Bad Reputation.

“Ya’ll come back tonight for the fireworks, thank you.” It was about four o’clock by then and another band stepped up to play. The band was Vampire Weekend and they started to play Jonathan Low. The last band stepped down and walked towards the Cullen’s.

“Glad you guys could make it. I see those glasses work.” Angel greeted them.

“Glad to make it, Angel. How have you been?” Carlisle inquired.

“Very well actually.”

“I see you arm is better.” Esme commented.

“it turned out as soon as I woke up the next day after I broke my arm it healed over night so once we got back here I had it removed. I hope you’re coming back for the fireworks tonight the school choir is going to perform.” Robby laced his arms around Angel’s waist and kissed her cheek.

“And Angel got the solo for one of the songs.” Robby boasted.

“It’s nothing really. We’ll se you later then? We’re going to enjoy some of the rides we’ve been performing most of the day.”

“Sure.” Jasper answered quietly. The Cullen’s bayed goodbye as Robby and Angel left them.

It was later that evening and the lights to the rides flashed to raise a customer’s curiosity. The choir was setting up on the performance stage and people gathered round to listen as they waited for the fireworks to start. Renesme jumped up and down in an attempt to see and Edward chuckled. He grasped his daughter in mid jump and lifted her on his shoulders.

“It that better?” He asked her. Renesme clapped her hands and laughed.

“Thanks Daddy!” She shouted with glee.

“Welcome everyone.” A man in a suit and black hair greeted into a microphone. “ Now as we await for the fireworks to start the White Plains High School choir has prepared a few songs to sing. Enjoy.” The crowd clapped and Angel stepped up to the microphone. She took a deep breathe then the music started.

“Let wind blow, let fire burn…” Then song she sang was touching. And her voice was the sweetest thing anyone could have heard. The song she sang was Angel’s song by Chloë Agnew. The choir joined in which added to the affect of the song. Everyone assumed it was for the fallen soldiers of their country. When she was finished the crowd broke into applause. The choir sang other patriotic songs and then the first fireworks went off as the last song ended.

It was then that the world fell into place. Angel lived with Robby after they graduated from school and they had a baby girl…they named her after Angel’s mother Charlette. The Cullen’s lived happily as well. Renesme stopped aging until she looked about eighteen like her mother.

Angel now lives with Robby and Charlette in Ladysmith, Wisconsin; as a novelist. Her husband Robby teaches history at the local high school.

The End

cantdeleteaccounthelp, Sey, West Virginia
I have no words. It was very nice. A few spelling issues somewhere. Just one thing that is bugging me: What kind of vampires are they? I mean, vampires can not have children. If Angel was a human it could happen but if Robby changed her completely that's not possible. It is a very nice and creative story, and I like your writing. I really enjoyed it! :)

cassia_b said...
cassia_b, Wisconsin
this is such a good book! this is totally a new twist on some of the fanfictions that i have read. great job and keep writing! :)

KellyKay SILVER, Eau Claire, Wisconsin

thanks i'll keep the advice in mind

PuzzleLuver SILVER, Powell, Ohio

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16

1. I like your concept for this book. I really like how Bella's cousin had a vampire boyfriend like her. 2. It was a little fast paced, Maybe there should be a little more to slow it down. 3. Great job, I was completely hypnotized by the story, I couldn't stop reading it.