Saturday Night | Teen Ink

Saturday Night

December 18, 2019
By PaigeDycus, Carbondale, Illinois
More by this author
PaigeDycus, Carbondale, Illinois
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

n/a

Characters

Alyssa, a popular and fun high school senior, notorious for her outrageous parties

Jamie, a timid and sweet girl who is a part of National Honor Society at her school, also a senior

Police Officer: Young, very inexperienced in the force.

At Rise: in a school cafeteria, voices are loud, and there is leftover crumbs left on the table from the previous lunch hour, the girls discuss weekend plans and throwing a party

Saturday Night 

Now Jamie and Alyssa are at the party together*

Jamie: Lyssa, girl, I’m so glad I found you!

Alyssa: I could kill you right now!

Jamie: Why I thought this is what you wanted?

Alyssa: No, this is what you wanted.  There’s way too many people here.

Jamie: Okay I’m sorry, there’s nothing I can do about it now.  Just cut loose and enjoy!

Alyssa: Oh I wish I could. 

Jamie: I told everyone to park in the field across the street

Alyssa:  Oh well that worked out great didn’t it! 

Jamie: Sorry!

Alyssa: I know you’ve been stressed lately with all of your honor society crap. But this is insane!

Jamie: I know, I got carried away.  But let's be real, I needed this!

Alyssa: Whatever. I’m still pissed

*The girls walk over to the window, Jamie shows a painful smile to Alyssa*

Jamie: Whoopsies!

*Flashing red and blue lights appear through the window and panic starts to rush to Alyssa’s face*

Jamie: WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?

Alyssa: Is running away an option?

Jamie: I’m down.

*The girls start to make their way out of the back door when a flashlight hits them, the sheriff's deputy has found them*

Police officer: Hey ladies, where are you going?

Jamie:  Uh...hhh 

*She turns her head to look at Alyssa*

Alyssa: Going to get some ice cream, yup, ice cream!

Police officer: And that wouldn’t have anything to do with the fact that we are in the process of investigating a party with possible underage drinking, right?

Jamie: Nope! Not at all!  You see, Alyssa and I are like sisters right, and well umm, her brother threw this party, our brother, and she felt uncomfortable so I said I would take her out for ice cream.  Yup, there you have it! That’s the truth!

Police officer: I’m not buying it girls, what-a what’s your brothers name?

Jamie: Collin! His name is Collin!

Police officer: Alrighty then, you were able to produce a name on the spot, say uh what’s in it for me if I say you girls can go get ice cream and leave this mess behind you?

Alyssa: Oh whatever you want Deputy, did I mention I love your uniform?  Makes you look so official and if I may, quite sexy. I just love a man in uniform.  

Police officer: Oh, well-uh I’ve never been told that before.  I’m not one to flatter myself. How old are you Alyssa?

Alyssa 18!  I am 18 years old.  Just turned it last Friday actually, crazy how time flies huh? Yep, Yep 18 is my age!

*Jamie in a whispering tone*

Jamie: Chill out, you’re going to blow this!

Alyssa: Oh!  And you’re so calm I’m sure! Miss NHS, whah whah whah!

Police officer: What are you girls talking about?

Alyssa:  Oh nothing important really.

Police officer:  Okay Miss Alyssa, would you like to join me, ummm let’s say behind those bushes to rid you of this mess?

Alyssa: I would like that very much actually.  

*Jamie underneath her breath*

Jamie: What in the hell is going on! Why are you doing this?

Alyssa: Leave me alone, I have to take care of this.  

Jamie: But you don’t have to, seriously.

*The deputy and Alyssa join behind the bushes, the deputy is starting to kiss Alyssa, then he procedes to unbuckle his belt.  Suddenly, a call comes in on his walkie talkie*

Police officer:  Deputy here, mhmm, mhmm, Alright I’ll be up there in a second.

Alyssa: What happened?

Police officer: We have some aggressive young men tying to refuse arrest upstairs.

Alyssa: Oh my goodness, we didn’t even get to-

Police officer: I know...

*He grabs her chin between his thumb and pointing finger, then grabs her bottom lip with his thumb.  He zips his pants back up a heads to the front door*

Jamie:  Oh my God!  I cannot believe you were about to--- with a police officer!

Alyssa: Hey girl, I know it was going to be a big deal if you got caught.  

Jamie: I appreciate it, I’m sorry I invited so many people.  I just, I don’t know. I never wild out like that so I thought it’d be cool.  

Alyssa: Hey it’s alright.  You’re still my best friend.  I’d do anything for you.  

Jamie: I love you Lyssa!

Alyssa: I love you J!

*The two girls hug out their hearts, not only are they relieved that they didn’t get taken to jail, but relieved that they’re still the best friends they’ve always known each other as*

Jamie: Okay, so can we throw a more lowkey party here in a couple of months? 

Alyssa: yes omg. 



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.