Eternity of Woe | Teen Ink

Eternity of Woe

June 9, 2023
By hayamiakahara, Sedro-Woolley, Washington
More by this author
hayamiakahara, Sedro-Woolley, Washington
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I love gore, this piece is for a class I was taking and it more or less of a backstory for an OC of another series I wanted to make for a long time but never knew how to make it. Finally I have made something that I could potentially see being a backstory for my character. I felt towards the middle I had to put in random things just to fill the story, towards the end a lot of questions of things are unanswered. If i made this into a full book then they would be mentioned throughout the book and questions would be answered. But unfortunately I didn’t have the time to do so, if read the ending will leave a lot of questions for the reader as well. And i didn’t wanna randomly put things or make the story seemed rush , that is why questions linger of what something is or what happens next and why it does.

The author's comments:

for mature audiences.

ETERNITY OF WOE 

By Hayami Holz

(this is not suitable for young readers.)


“Medaliah Yagi, age five, black hair, silver eyes, and tan skin. Mental diagnosis includes schizophrenia, severe anxiety and depression disorder, bipolar disorder, dissociative identity disorder, and others that aren’t yet identified. Subject number 2192, has the supposed ability of Psychokinesis commonly known as telekinesis. Daughter of Alchana Yagi, father unknown, presumed to be abandoned and now encased here.” He stopped reading from a file. He set it down to look at me, “Do you know who I am?” He asked softly.

I shook my head slightly.

“My name is Doctor Shohi, my job is to help you with your problems and get you back into society.” He took the file and set it into a drawer with others, “but for now,” he stood up with his arm behind his back, my eyes followed him till I felt him stand behind me. “You will be my special creation, a prodigy of power. ” His hand came down hard on my back, an intense amount of pain shot through my body as I suddenly fell to the ground.

My eyes flickered open, Another dream.

I wasn’t fazed by what others called nightmares, they weren’t based on reality, so why be scared of them? I’m 12 now, for a five year old that is a lot of things to be diagnosed with. Nobody has any special power, the paranormal and supernatural don’t exist. Looking around my plain room, I sighed. Everyday felt the same and the worst part about it is, I didn’t even know why I was here.

A quick knock was heard at my door before it opened gently, “Good morning Medli, how are you feeling this morning?” 

It was just one of the nurses, trying not to roll my eyes at her. I stared blankly, “I’m feeling sore from these beds, they’re the definition of sleeping on someone’s broken bones. Otherwise, I’m fine.”

She smiled at me while she prepared my medication, “here you go dear, please do not pretend to swallow them. You know they will help you.”

She handed me a cup that contained seven colorful pills. Glancing down at the cup I could see red, purple, green, white, yellow, and some that were more than just a solid color. Looking back up she held out a bottle full of water, I grabbed it and one at a time took my meds. By the end I felt tired, ever since the beginning, I could only swallow pills if I threw my head back while swallowing. Sometimes I would even choke on the larger scaled pills.

I quickly handed the nurse back the items she gave me and went to the bathroom, a look of concern came on her face.

“Oh Medli don’t go to puke them back up!” She yelled with concern. 

I could hear her footsteps coming towards the door, out of instinct I slammed it shut on her and used a chair that is normally in at my desk to stop her from getting in.

“Let me use the bathroom in peace, I’m not stupid enough to try and vomit up my meds.” I yelled at her from the other side of the door. At least not right now.

The banging stopped from her side of the door and the sound of her shoes making contact with the marble floor faded away. 

Relief washed over me as I kept the chair in its spot in case another staff member tried to come in, “Time for another day in this hellzone.” 

Staring at myself in the mirror in hate, I stripped my clothes off. Removing the bandages that sheathed my arms and legs, revealing lacerations from knife slashes, bites from animals and other patients, needle injections that cause severe bruising and discoloration on my skin, and some I’m unfamiliar with how they appeared on my body. 

I studied my body in the mirror before stepping in the shower, the steam fogging up my mirror and unclogging my nose. The water flushing away the dried blood around my slashed limbs. It stung when I ran over them with soap that I nearly cringed at the pain. A few minutes passed and I didn’t wanna stare at my skin anymore, one by one I placed my foot on the shower mat. Carefully trying not to slip, I grabbed my purple towel and started to wipe away the water from my being. Making the mistake of rubbing too hard on my freshly cleansed wounds. 

“Son of a-” I bit down on my lip to try being quiet and balance out the pain.

I looked down to see my cuts leak out a fabled color of black. Why is it that color?

Gently digging my finger into the area, I brought the substance to my mouth. With no hesitation, I clamped down on my finger and consumed the liquid. It didn’t have a taste, nothing happened. Did it have to do with my medication they were having me on? I jolted my neck suddenly and for a split second, I could see the horrors of an entity’s eyes. Deeply sunken into its face, the iris and pupil color completely white.

Coming to my senses I looked around me to see nothing. Was I just… possessed?

Getting back on my feet, I bandaged my arms and legs again. Putting on my new gown and non-slip socks. Before I was about to leave, I noticed that the blood on my towel was now a scarlet color, the more common color used with defining blood. 

Huh? Maybe I need to make a note that my hallucinations are getting bad enough that I think there is a demon inside of me. Shrugging it off for now as I left my room to go walk around the hospital. 

“Medli!” A boy’s voice called out.

I stopped and turned around to see a boy running down the hall with his hand waving at me in the air and a big smile on his face. 

Keigo Takami, another boy that resides here in the hospital. His shaggy blonde hair is wild and a few strands would fall in his face. Pale skin and his amber eyes illuminated even the darkest of places. His eyes were sharp with what seemed to be natural eyeliner, making them look like hawk eyes. His kind personality makes it hard to believe he is mentally unstable. We're the same age but he still acts the equivalent of a four year old.

“Hello Keigo, is there something you need?” I asked him, his hands resting on his knees as he panted for air.

“I just missed seeing your pretty face.” He said looking up at me, a streak of blush across his cheeks and nose.

I looked at him blankly, slightly narrowing my eyes at him. “Do you want to walk together then?” I asked him with a calm tone.

His eyes lit up again, “I would love to.”

Turning around I rolled my eyes at his words. His flirtatious jokes annoyed me, we’re just kids. I felt his hand graze against mine as we walked, I sensed he was getting closer to me as we continued to walk. Peering in the corner of my eye I noticed he was staring at me from the corner of his eye, his eyes darted to look forward again. A few drops of sweat started to develop on the side of his temples. 

“I don’t understand why you become nervous around me.” I asked.

He spun his head to the side to look at me, we were both the same height, eye level was easy to meet. He squinted slightly at me. I turned to look at him, raising an eyebrow.

“Yep, I figured.” He said, resting his eyes again. “You have no flaws, you’re the perfect girl.” Facing forward as the cafeteria came into view.

What a stupid thing to say. I’m the definition of flaws… but maybe I should try and take this compliment from him.

Turning my head back I sighed, “Thanks I guess.”  His face slowly turning a brighter pink, with his light skin it was quite noticeable.

A massive scream was released from the cafeteria, my ears were ringing to the point where I became nauseous. Shaking my head aggressively, I ran towards where the noise had come from. Entering the wide area a crowd was gathered, whispers and panic spread on everyone. Keigo followed me as I shoved my way through the taller kids, regretting the sight that had now engraved itself into my memory.

“What the f*ck,” I said in shock.

On the floor was a more mature looking female, her intestines wrapped around her twisted neck and the other limbs of her body. Her legs and arms disfigured in directions the human body wasn’t able to form. Eyes bulging out of their sockets on the floor, a pool of black blood seeping from her body. Jaw unhinged and snapped to face the opposite direction of her face. The clothes she was wearing ripped and exposing large cuts and thrashes that seemed to be animal-like.

Bile raised in my throat as the noise of the crowd turned into the sound of ringing again. Glancing around, I noticed people in tears, vomit erupting from their mouths, a few who scattered away to avoid the scene. Everything went numb as I turned to see Keigo shaking my shoulder, he was yelling but his voice was unable to reach me.

This isn’t real, this can’t be real.  How did this happen? Isn’t this supposed to be a safe haven for those who need help? 

Everything went to black, my body hitting the cold marble floor. Noise fading away rapidly till I was in a stygian void of silence.

“Please find who did this to me,” a woman whimpered out. “This wasn’t an accident, something nightmarish and unspeakable is going to happen in these walls. This is my warning to you.”

Unfastening my eyes, I jolted upwards panting and putting my hand on the side of my face. Observing the patient room I was now laying in, an IV wedged up in my forearm. My bandages were fresh, neatly placed around my body. The nurse must have redone them when I was brought here. Carefully, I moved myself to the edge of the bed, nudging my legs to dangle off the side. I felt so weak, everything was so sensitive to movement. My hand shakily moving towards my arm, grasping onto the cord of the IV, I tore it out. The sound of a flatline rung as I placed my feet to the cold floor, with my wobbly legs I made my way to a counter across the room to grab a tissue. I placed it over the small tear of blood that formed on my skin. Leaning against the wall for balance I limped my way over to the door, a mini window above the handle.

“I need to get out of here,” I told myself.

Using my elbow to pull down the handle I pushed the door open with the little strength I had. The room outside of mine was dark and seemed to be a waiting room for others, maybe for visitors if this was a normal hospital. A faint light in the hallway that showed the doorway and faded bits of the dark room I stood in. It flickered a few times before remaining still. Slowly, I made my way towards the light. Finally making the last stretch of distance, slumping myself on the side of the doorway and sighing. I tossed the tissue on the floor behind me before continuing my way out. I noticed a plate labeled ‘2192.’ Surely it was only the number I was given when I was taken into the system. Not thinking much of it I proceeded to limp through the hall and holding onto the walls for balance. Panting as I had only gotten down to where four more doors were visible. Other numbers such as ‘2193’and ‘2194.’ 

Why are they numbered?

“Subject 2192 will be ready for testing in about an hour. Nurses please make your way down to the patient’s room,” The intercom announced.

A blast of panic hit my body. “Subject?” My voice shaking, as the sound of footsteps slowly rung down the hall. They were coming for me.

I dragged myself to the closest door to avoid getting caught, every inch I moved their steps got louder and louder. The fear of what would happen if I was caught raced through my mind.

Please work! Please let my body move! 

I slammed my hand on the door handle and pushed my weight against it, the door opened and I fell into the room. Shutting behind me quietly, I could see the shadow-like movements passing by under the doors crack. My body hadn’t stopped shaking, the feeling of exhaustion ran over my body. Taking in deep breathes and setting myself upright against the wall, finally regaining my composure after at least a few minutes. The feeling of tiredness eased up as well, standing up and scanning the room I entered, peeking around the corner, I heard a flatline.

“Oh my god.” 

Standing still as my eyes settled upon a figure’s face that made me wanna pass out, vomit, cry, and scream. A small boy laid in the patient bed, his face split open revealing his brain and skull. Bits of his brain had been picked away, bones pressed inwards indicating they were broken by force. The smell of rotten flesh creeped into my nose. His eyes falling at the side of his head, hardly hanging onto the string of the socket they came from. Blood staining on the covers and pillows around him.

Turning away, I caught sight of the red hazard bin, where nurses would dispose of their cloths, needles and other equipment that contained blood on them. I felt a mountain of vomit rushing to the surface of my mouth. Quickly, I grabbed the hazard bin, pressing my mouth against the opening and letting the fluid pour out, my knees locking to steady myself. The bitter and acidic taste made my eyes water.

I refused to look behind me, but the image had already settled in my thoughts. Shaking my head, I noticed a plastic clipboard on the back of the bathroom door in the patient room. I took it off the door to get a closer look at it.

“Tsuki Aoi. Ten years old. Subject 2193. Highly Schizophrenic and aggressive behavior. Attacked nurses when they were putting in his IV, bit multiple patients, found cutting on shoulders and intense bruising on legs. Remove the parts that make him act out and hallucinate…” I mumbled to myself. Scrolling my eyes down to the end I found the results. “Failed procedure, move on to Metempsychosis.”

Worry nudged against me after reading along with questions. What is metempsychosis? Why are they doing to these children? Who’s next?

The alarm had sounded, a message from the intercom coming on, “Attention, Subject 2192 is missing, find, secure, and punish.”

That’s me. I need to get out of here.

I dropped the clipboard, kicking it under the patient bed and running to the door. My legs still sore but the adrenaline carrying me. Pulling the door open and making my way to the end of the hallway. The sound of heavy footsteps close behind me, the alarm blaring in my ears, the exit door came into view. I put everything into the last stretch of distance, pushing my arm against the door to open it. The alarm stopped blaring as I entered the new hallways. Not looking back I kept running, the thought of being caught ran through my mind again. My legs becoming tired and numb, closing my eyes and pushing myself through the pain. The sudden grip of a hand reached out to my arm, fingers sliding over my lips to silence my scream and dragging me into a dark room. 

Did one of them wait for me here?

Throwing my body around to get away a deep and smooth voice spoke gently in my ear. “Medli, stop, they’re gonna find you if you make noise.”

I paused and blushed. His voice sounded familiar, yet I couldn’t lay a finger on it. Letting my body relax against his.

The sound of the nurses who were chasing me passed by, feeling tense again, the mysterious man put his hand against mine to reassure me. Barely opening the door, we scanned to see if they were still around. No sign of them, no alarms, nothing. I was safe, for now.

“Are you okay Medli?” he asked me, removing his hand from my mouth and taking a step away.

Nervously I spoke, “I’m not sure anymore.” I didn’t wanna turn around, a feeling of shame told me not to. 

“Medli, I know you won’t believe me when I say this and it’s gonna seem quite strange but…” his words trailed off as the soft touch of his hands took mine, “it’s me, Keigo Takami.”

I felt my eyes widen and curiosity holler at me. Putting my free hand out I felt the wall for a light switch. Making contact with a small switch I flicked it up, a dim light scaring away the darkness.

“Can I turn around?” I asked, still facing away from him.

There was a short pause before he spoke, “yes.”

I shifted my body to face him, my eyes moving upwards along with my head, finally meeting his relaxed and gentle golden eyes. My lower lip dropped slightly as the clear expression of shock appeared on my face.

“Was I in a coma that lasted for six years? Why the hell are you towering over me now and why do you look completely different? I have several more questions-”

He put his finger over my lips, leaning down to my face and whispering, “we should get out of here, then I can tell you everything.”

Flustered and glancing away I nodded, “o-okay. Let’s go.”

Instead of going back out the door we entered he kindly guided me further into the room. Still holding my hand. As his back was to me now, I witnessed the massive crimson wings on his back, he looked like a mix between a huge bird and a man. Why was I feeling tense around him? Why are their feelings swirling around in my head now?

Kiego’s hands are warm. Why does it put my heart at ease?

“Here,” Keigo pointed.

Snapping out of my thoughts I looked up. A hidden door was behind the room, he opened it to a testing room. My eyes widened at the scene, it was… Keigo? But it was his body as a child. His body was stripped of his clothes and his eyes were closed. He was floating in a tank, a body of water with cords, patches and mask over his face and body. What was going on? 

“I know you probably won’t understand… but please hear me out…” Keigo started as I stared softly at the child version of him in the tank. I slowly made my way over to it and placed my hand gently on the glass. “They are transferring our souls to older versions of ourselves. Body’s that they made for us. They are performing Metempsychosis on those who they can use as weapons. Giving us the chance to unlock new strengths and those who weren’t blessed with supernatural abilities are given them.”

“Metempsychosis… I saw that when I was in a patient's room… on their analysis clipboard. Did they hurt you? What was the transfer like?” All these questions were boiling through my mind. I kept staring at the body of Keigo that was floating in front of me. 

In my peripheral vision is what took me aback though. On the opposite side of the room was an empty tank, the one identical to Keigo’s, under it read my name and my subject number. Feeling my soul try to leave my body I did my best to hold myself steady, my vision became blurry and I felt my throat start to close. Words evading me as I slowly approached the tank, pressing my hand against the glass and the uneasiness inside me grew wildly. The confusion spread all over me as I didn’t understand. My brain couldn’t put the pieces together before I heard my name and turn to see Keigo pinned onto the floor. I gun was hovering in front of my forehead. It all happened so suddenly that I dropped to my knees and put my hands up as if I was being arrested. 

Are they going to shoot me? Hurry up and shoot me then.

White noise blocked out the clear yelling Keigo was directing towards me. Reading his lips all I could make out was the words of: “Get away from her! Stop it! You bastards!”

Sitting there with my hands up I had that same stupid expression on my face. That monotone stare as I felt the gun press up against my head hard, then boom. My body slumped to the ground instantly, my ridiculous blank stare still present. Even in my final moments, I couldn’t feel anything, I wanted to scream but something told me not to. I was a coward. And they killed me for it. My eyes turned a dull color of silver and the blood from my gunshot wound to the head seeped everywhere. That was that, goodbye to my disgusting purgatory of a life.

Is what I would say, if that was the end. What felt like moments later was something I couldn’t believe was true. They had performed Metempsychosis on me. I opened my eyes to stare at my naked body, the tank that was once empty was now holding me in it. Young me.
“Hm…?” I groaned, the weird feeling of being able to move, everything felt heavy.

I finally regained the ability to have a conscience, peering around me I noticed I was in a body of water as well. A mask was attached to my face and wires connected into my skin. I was naked as well, and… older.

Was this what they did to him? Did they kill Keigo before they put his body into this new form? It’s still hard to comprehend what is happening in this place.

The movement of my arms and legs are slow, mainly because of the water, but they feel weak and almost surreal. 

I need to get out of here.

I relaxed myself before a odd feeling came to me. A great surge of power emitted from my fingers, the glass started to crack. My eyes widened as it continued to crack before the glass completely shattered and I fell to the ground of the tank. Slightly shaking my head from the water and standing, it felt quite gross. A body that I wasn’t used to operating and looking at, I looked so mature. My silver eyes weren’t dull anymore, my black hair reaching my waist, although I wasn’t much taller.

A pink aura glowed from my hands as I removed the mask around my face and the wires shoved into my skin. 

“Was this the supernatural ability Keigo was talking to me about?” I spoke aloud, hearing my voice and how much it changed shocks me a bit. It’s definitely not as weird as having a completely new body though. 

I put my hand out as the aura glows brighter and then all of a sudden an object flies towards me into my hand, a sharp knife that luckily, the handle was the thing that I ended up gripping.

“Is this ability allowing me to draw things towards me? No, it seems similar to the power of telekineses, I just happened to draw this knife close to me. Let’s try again.”

I set the knife down before finding a bottle on one of the shelves, it seemed like the safer option. Focusing and taking a deep breath in, I put my hand out before concentrating on the object, thinking of what I wanted it to do. Eventually, it started to float, not flying towards me this time. A small smile crossed my face as I felt a small achievement of myself. The hold on it was a bit shaky, but I did it. I’m clearly not a master at whatever this new ability is, but I can sure try to use it to help me with the next challenges facing me in this place.

“Okay, now… time to find some clothes…” I mutter to myself awkwardly and go to look through a bin that was conveniently labeled suits. 

They were decent ones, they appeared to be white latex jumpsuits, with a zipper in the back. I found one that I believed to fit my structure and struggled to put it on, the gripping touch of the latex was cold on my skin. Eventually I was able to get it on all the way, sighing I pulled the zipper up slowly using my new ability. I figured that even for the littlest things I should use it, the easier it becomes to control, the better.

TIme to get out of here. 

If I wanted be sneaky with my escape I needed to find a way to escape without being noticed. Looking to the ceiling I found a vent. Bingo. I moved the vent cover with my hand and climbed up into the space. Placing the cover back on the vent to leave no sign of how I got out. 

Crawling quietly through the vents I could hear screaming and crying. The sound of kids being shocked by a device and then the sounds became clearer. They were torturing them. 

I had to do something, but… what? I wasn’t those funky heroes you read about in the comics or see in movies… but… It occurred to me that I had now been granted those funky powers. I can do something. I will do something.

Making my way to the vent where the sound was the strongest I peeked through the vents lining and saw kids chained to walls. Men in hazard suits putting a metal device up to their heads and zapping them.

I could see how brain dead they were now, the literal phrase of ‘my brain is fried.’ Carefully opening the vent I slipped down, the backs of the men turned to me, before they could zap again, I used my telekineses to stop him.

“What the? Why can’t I move anymore? It’s like… there is a barrier here.” He said as he struggled to move his arms.

My power was still shaky, I wasn’t able to hold him long before I felt a sudden shock of pain in my stomach. Caught off guard, I released him and tumbled back, grasping my stomach.

“Well, you’re not supposed to be out of your chamber Ms. Yagi.” The man who just zapped me mentioned. “Although, I don’t think I can fight a woman such as yourself now.”

A cold feeling hit me, then it turned bitter. “I’m not weak just because I’m a woman now. What you’re doing is beyond my understanding, I’ll never understand. I don’t want to understand. All I can do, is witness as you people are ruining the lives of others. I’m not going to let you continue.” 

I stood up straight before focusing, I didn’t have much time to since they were already coming towards me again ready for more shocks. Breathing out heavily I put my hands out but it was not use. The feeling of shocks hit my arm and legs.

After all that I said, I was still… just a kid… even with this new body… I wasn’t good enough…

I collapsed to the ground writhing in pain, soon after it stopped. Laughter echoed through the room and I closed my eyes. My body was stiff, then it relaxed.

What is this? What’s this weird adrenaline kick I’m getting? Why do I feel like I know how to do things I didn’t know how to do before like… martial arts? Why are moves like that flashing through my mind at this moment? I don’t know the first thing about that kind of stuff… but maybe…

Opening my eyes quickly I forced myself up, my heart was beating a million miles an hour as I swiftly swept the legs of both men. Surprised they dropped the shocking devices and hit the ground. At this moment, I wasn’t in control. I felt like I was being possessed by something that was much scarier. My vision went blurry before turning black. I’m back in that strange void.

“Medaliah… give yourself to me…” A deep and raspy voice called out to me.

Coming back I was sitting on the floor against the wall, feeling hazy I looked around me. Blood was plastered on the walls. There was no sight of the men in the hazard suits. I couldn’t speak, I opened my mouth but no words or sounds came out.

Did I do this…? Why wasn’t I covered in blood as well?  Who spoke to me? What’s happening to me?

My breathing was unsteady, I was having heart palpitations, fear was choking me. What’s worse was I came to the realization that I was scared of myself. Was I the monster all along?

Getting myself up I wobbled over to the kids on the wall, checking their pulses and feeling the guilt enter my chest. 

They were already dead before I got here, weren’t they…

I couldn’t stay here, I didn’t go back up into the vents, instead I made my way out of the door into one of what seemed to be thousands of hallways this place had. I wasn’t sure if I was still in the asylum. Wandering through the halls, I didn’t come in contact with anyone, reading signs with things such as ‘body disposal room’ and ‘soul transferring lab.’

I should look for Keigo.

I started to feel the strength of being able to move faster come back to me. Once it all came back, I started running down the hall, looking for any door that would lead me to subject rooms.

I’m certain that he’s in his room. 

After a bit more searching I was able to find my way to a section with plaques next to doors with Subject numbers. Good thing they had the names with after them. They went by alphabetical order, as in last name. I ended up making my way to the start of ‘T’ for Takami.

“Subject 1680/ Keigo Tamaki,” I mumbled to myself before quietly knocking on the door. “Keigo…? It’s me… it’s Medli…” I whispered closely to the door.

There was a slight pause before the door opened and a beat up Keigo looked at me. His head was bandaged, covering his eyes and the stained blood had gotten through. His arms also bandaged, his big wings looked to have been plucked and quite burned.  

As he spoke his voice was hoarse, “M-Medli… is… that… you…?”

Seeing him in this state hurt me emotionally, it’s my fault this happened to him. Taking his hand into mine I helped guide him back into the room, the door closing silently behind us. I sat him down on his bed and carefully unraveled the bandages on his head. His eyes were heavy and I could tell the light stung them. A deep bruise on the side of his head.

“Medli…” He said, a low hoarse tone came out of his mouth, but it was also a sign of his relief for me. “I thought… oh… I’m sorry… I wasn’t… able… to protect… you…”

“This is all my fault, if you didn’t help me, then you wouldn’t be in this condition.” I say gently touching his face with my hand. 

Why do I feel like this? I feel so at ease with him here but it also pains me to know how hurt he is.

I can feel Keigo’s arms slither around my figure. His arms on my lower back and he slowly pulls me closer to him, he leans his head into my stomach slightly and gives a big sigh of what appeared to be relief. 

“We need to get out of here…” I say.

He looks up at me and nods, “I’ll make… due… with my injuries…I promise… this time… I’ll protect you.”

“And I promise I’ll protect you.”

I rebandaged Keigo’s head, but I didn’t cover his eyes, I gave him some water and found a few pain killer pills in the cabinet that the doctors and nurses left. As I was finishing up, I explained the ability I was given when I woke up. He seemed to be interested in how it worked, I admitted I didn’t have great control over it but was working on it. He told me briefly of what his power did, how the feathers on his wings are capable of detaching themselves from his wings and individually doing all sorts of things. Allowing him to hear through them, sense people, move objects, and of course when they were collected on his back they allowed him to fly. 

“Once we are able to get a hand of how to fully control these weird powers of ours then I’m sure we can do great things.” I mentioned, as I stepped back from him to give him room to stand. “Except I think calling them ‘abilities’ and ‘powers’ is boring. Maybe… how about the word quirk? If you think about it, the powers we have are somewhat unique to us.” 

Keigo smiled before nodding his head. “I think referring to them as quirks is a good idea.”

Gathering our courage, Keigo and I cautiously left his subject room. Making our ways to a hall, he used his quirk to send a few feathers in multiple directions to sense which way was safe. Before long we found ourselves at an elevator, we were in basement four.

“Just how big is this place?” I asked, as we got in and I saw all the floors that were available, pushing the first floor button. “My general understanding is this; were human experiments who are either somehow born with quirks or given them through these experiments. This place isn’t an asylum, it’s a lie. It’s like a government training program to make kids war items. Taking in mentally ill people and using them as toys… it’s so… unreal.”

Keigo’s aura felt sad for me, he softly rubbed my back and spoke. “It’s hard to even imagine what these people are able to do. Were going to stop it though, I won’t let them continue this. I just can’t.” 

The warm feeling of comfort poured on to me. Why did I feel a shift in my personality? The odd and gross feeling some people like to call, love.

“Keigo… I have a new feeling…” I step in front of him and take a deep breath in before speaking, “I love you, Keigo… at least… I think I do? Damn it, I’m so used to just shutting off my emotions from everyone. But i’m certain, that’s what I feel towards you, I’m not sure why it took me so long to realize it.”

His faced flushed pink and red as I confessed, “I mean, it was quite obvious what I felt for you from the beginning. I love you Medli, a lot. I want to protect you, help you, do whatever I can to make you show your beautiful smile. So please, let me do that when this is all over.” He held his arms out to me.

Nodding to him before leaning into his embrace. After this was all over, I would finally be able to live a life with someone.

The elevator stopped, this was it, we didn’t know what awaited us on the other side of the door. Stepping to the side and holding Keigo’s hand we watched as the doors slid open, revealing a man in a white lab coat with a grin on his face.

I know this man, its… Dr. Shohi… the same man who brought me here in the first place.

“I’ve been expecting you both. Medaliah Yagi, demon and telekineses possesser and Keigo Takami, the crimson winged hawk. Welcome, please follow me.”

 


To be continued…



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.