Drama sucks But so do we | Teen Ink

Drama sucks But so do we

By Dudet95 GOLD, ottawa, Kansas
Dudet95 GOLD, Ottawa, Kansas

Your mom, if you don't know the past... You're doomed to repeat it.

Author's note: I started writing this book waaay before I even started writing books online. I never posted it because I felt it would not be very likeable but I have changed my mind and would like everyone else to enjoy the humor and suspense within my book. Enjoy:)

So I know this sounds boring but this is just how I felt I should start it out:) it gets better along the road.

Have you ever been somewhere, and felt like you were home? Some place that makes you happy, and feel loved? A place that makes you feels like you belong?
I have a place like that. It's the greatest place in the world. It's my true home. The skate park...

Hi. I'm Kayla Santiago. I'm the best there is in my town, and I'm not being cocky.
I've done every trick in the book. You name it I've done it. Skate boarding's my life.

I'm not like most girls. I don't care what people think about me. I prefer to stand out then blend in with the plastic Barbie’s.
I mean don't get me wrong, I wear makeup, and stuff, but I don't obsess about my appearance. It's not my highest priority.

I don't date much, because well I'm kind of a smart ass. I can't help it. Every time a guy tries to flirt with me I throw some smart-ass comment at them, and they back off. It's in my nature.

Guys don't usually like girls with big mouths.
I know your probably thinking that my attitudes probably not the only reason guys don't like me. Well I can tell you now I'm not ugly. I'm like the total opposite. If I didn't have attitude problem's guys’d swarm me.

You see I have pitch black, shoulder length hair with bright red highlights, light green eyes, a natural golden tan, and a curvy figure.

If that doesn't convince you then this will.
On the first day of my freshman year I went to school in sweat pants, a t-shirt, flip flops, no makeup, and my hair was thrown in a pony tail.

With in ten minutes of being there I had been asked out like five times. I can't even count the total from the whole day.
Of course I don't get asked out as much anymore, because everyone knows me now, and they don't feel like getting brutally rejected.

Now you probably thinking that since I have such attitude, and anger issues that I'm a troublemaker with bad grades. Sorry if I burst your bubble, but I'm pretty much a strait A student in every class, but history. Although the first part is an understatement. I'm much worse than a troublemaker. I'm a fighter...

Like I said I have attitude, and anger issues. There's always some punk guy that thinks I need to be taught a lesson, so needless to say I get into a lot of fights, but here's the good news. I've never lost.

My mom put me in Karate when I was four, because she didn't want anyone to be able to hurt me. Karate is almost as important to me as skateboarding.
It shouldn't be that such a surprise that I'm a black belt to most guys, but every time I kick their ass.
I can tell you now I'm not a bully. I fight for good causes.
You’d think that because of all my fighting, that everyone would hate me, but no. Fighting is how I gained my respected from everyone in my town.

I guess you could say my town is very violent, but that's not completely true. We're family, and family's always fight. We love and hate each other. That's just how things go.

Now where do I live might you ask? I live in Pleasanton Kansas, with my mom, dad, and little brother.
My brother, Kevin is twelve. He's a little demon.
My dads not usually around much, because he travels a lot for work, so my mom raises us all by herself.

Well now that you know pretty much everything about me, let’s move on to my everyday life.

ha ha comments?plzzz

Click! Click!
That was the sound of the remote as I continually pressed the buttons looking for something worth watching. I was having little success.
Up, up. Ooh? What's That? I clicked to the side, and frowned in disappointment. It was just a stupid cartoon show that would most likely lower my IQ.

I sighed, and continued this rue teen.
This was so boring!
"OOH! Let’s watch flapjack!" My ignorant little brother Kevin eagerly flopped on the couch.
"How, about we don't, and say we did." I slumped down lower into the couch.

I guess you could say I was in a bad mood, because I hated this room. It was just so tacky.
I mean the furniture is burnt orange, and the walls are grassy green. I was in the living room, and also by the front door at the same time.
"Why?! It's cool, and besides you’re not watching anything anyways." He pushed his messy curls out of his eyes.
I ignored him, and continued with my boredom.

He realized I wasn't going to listen to him, so he leaped up off the couch, and Deliberately kicked me, as he walked by me to the TV.
"Hey! Watch it dweeb!" I Snapped.
He stuck his tongue out at me, as he shut it off.
I shrugged knowing he thought this would make me mad, but it had the opposite effected. I wanted it off I was just too lazy to do it myself.
I glanced around me hoping something would seem interesting.

Nope, just the family pictures all over the room, the stairs behind the couch, and the hall that lead to the kitchen, dining room, parents room, and one of the bathrooms. All boring.
"Fine if your not going to let me watch what I want to watch then I'll just take the remote." He sneered.
He rushed toward me jumping for the remote, but I gracefully rolled to the other side of the couch, and snickered, as he fell backwards.
He looked up at me and glared, but then a wide grin spread across his face.
What’s he up to?
I narrowed my eyes in suspicion, as he disappeared down the hall.

Finally some peace and quiet!
I closed my eyes, and rested my head on the back of the couch.
"Your in trouble."
I spoke to soon.
I opened my eyes to see him taunting me with his eyes, and standing right behind my mother, and she looked ticked.
"Tattle tail." I murmured.

Her bright green eyes narrowed as she put her hands on her hips.
Oh dear, she looked worse than ticked. She looked furious.
Her waist length silky black hair was throne in a messy bun, and she had on a black business suit from work.
She gave me a look that could kill.
Was I that bad?
I nervously looked away from her only to meet my eyes staring back at me with an evil expression.

That's what sucked about my family. We all had the same eyes, It suck’s when you see your expressions staring you in the face.
"Kevin, please leave me and your sister alone for a few. I need a minute with her," My mom walked toward me till she was standing in front of the TV.
Kevin grinned one last time before walking out.
I gulped.

"So, Kayla how was school today?" she turned around, and stared at the TV.
Where's this going?!
"Fine, why?" I stared at her till she turned around to face me.
"Your principle called again about how you gave Carson Andrews a black eye, and bloody nose. Care to explain?!" She raised her voice a little.

He was lucky that was all he got. ."Ah well he was bullying these freshmen that I hang out with, and he well ticked me off"-
-"Kayla you can't beat everyone up every time someone makes you mad, or else everyone would be in pain!" She scolded.
"I know, but"-
-"No buts. What you did was inexcusable. Do you realize that someday your going to meet someone who's tougher than you, and you might just go to far?!" She paced the room.

"I know, but that doesn't mean I have to let people push my friends around!" I defended myself.
She sighed, and took a seat on the couch next to me.
"Kayla you can't keep getting into fight, and to make sure it doesn't happen anymore, the next time you get into a fight your going to go live with your aunt in California"-
"What?! HELL NO! You can't make me move! My life is here!" I stood up and glared at her.

She stood up to, and towered over me.
"Yes you will, and you will stop dressing like a delinquent, and hanging with hooligans. You will acted, and dress like a normal teenage girl. No more of this punk nonsense. "She shook her head.
I suddenly didn't have the strength to stand anymore. I dropped on the couch.

I stared up at her with pleading eyes. "Please no mom!"
She shook her head. "It's final now go do your chores." She pointed tor ward the kitchen.
I slowly rose to my feet, and walked away with an impassive face.
This was not a normal day.

Yawn I know almost done with the boringness.

Damn. I just screwed myself over.
I groaned, and sat down on a hard wooden bench.
I’m ticked,because After I had that fight with my mom I realized I needed to get out ,and clear my head so I went with my friends to the skate park, but not even this helps.
“Guys if I don’t figure something out fast I’m going to be shipped off to live with my aunt, which in case you haven’t noticed, lives nowhere near here.”
I closed my eyes, and tried to imagine myself getting through at least one day without a fight. I was having very little success.

“Relax Kay. We’ll figure something out.”My friend Brad assured.
He reached over to me, and patted my shoulder, which made me smile.
Brad’s one of my best guy friends. He’s been there for me since before I can remember. I don’t know what I’d do without him. I would say that I wish there were two of him, but I don’t need to. There already is.

He has a twin brother, Brandon. Their identical twins. They have the same dirty blond hair, chocolate brown eyes, strong cheek bones, golden white skin, and damn well built bodies, but here’s the Ironic thing about it. They may be identical, but their personalities are nothing alike. Brad’s the Smart, sweet, neat, responsible one, while Brandon’s the Funny, perverted, slob, irresponsible one. I mean don’t get me wrong Brandon’s awesome, but he can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

“How are we suppose to keep Kayla, the most violent person in town from fighting?! It’s like in her blood. This is a total suicide mission.”Brandon stated.
Like I said A total dumb ass, but hey he’s one of my best friends. I gotta love him, and besides. He might have a point.

“Thanks captain obvious.” Megan glared.
Megan’s my last but not least best friend ever. She’s awesome. She’s like the sister I never had. She’s The closest thing to a girlie girl we have in the group.

She loves fashion, but she has her own unique style. While the other girls at our school would most likely wear pink skirts, Megan would wear a black skirt, and cross bone tights. Which might I add are freaking awesome.
“Look all I know is that everyone knows Kayla is a hard core fighter, and you can’t tame her beast. It’s probably impossible.”Brandon Frowned, and kick flipped his skate board.
I looked up at Megan waiting for any sign of doubt, but her sea blue eyes were creased with worry.
I buried my head in my hands. ”might as well start packing.”

“Kayla don’t talk like that.”Brad scolded.
I glanced over at him. He was staring at the exit of the skate park.
I followed his gaze, but immediately scrabbled up,and ran behind a huge pillar.
“Kayla wait up!”Megan panted, as her,and the guys ran after me.

I felt my throat clog up, and my hands start to sweat from being nervous.
“Kayla what’s wrong?”Megan breathed as they stood next to me in my hiding spot.
“Derrik Harson’s here! That’s Carson’s Best friend! He’s been telling his friends all day at school that he was going to kick my ass!”I freaked.

“We need to get you outta here now!”Brad panicked.
“Pah I told you it was impossible to keep her away from a fight. They come to her.”Brandon gloated.
“Shut up!”Megan growled.

I ignored them as they started arguing, and scanned the skate park for an easy exit. Ya no such luck.
It was a pretty cool skate park. I use to be a underground parking lot, but a few years back there remodeled it into a skate park.
I looked back over at Derrik. He was talking to one of the other local skateboarders.

I wasn't afraid of fighting him. I knew I’d win, but I don’t want to move. This place is my home.
Derrik was pretty decent looking, other than the fact he scowls a lot.
He had dark brown hair, blue eyes, pale white skin, and a athletic figure.
I went out with him once, but that was before he knew the real smart ass me.

Suddenly as if Derrik could tell I was looking at him he looked over at my hiding spot, and his eyes widened in anger when he saw me.
“Time to go!”I yelped.
“This way!”Brandon hollered.
We ran in the opposite direction of Derrik, and ran out the emergency exit.
I didn’t stop till I was out the door, and the last words I heard were”I’m gonna kick your ass Santiago!”
Damn…this isn't good.

Ha ha

“That was a close one.”Megan sighed in relief.
Yeah too close.
I sat in silence as my friends chatted about what to do about my situation.
What the hell Am I going to do?!
They wanted me to hide away for a few days, and let Derrik cool down, but I can’t avoid him. I’m to open to hide.

I scowled.
This was all my fault. If I hadn't got in that stupid fight none of this would be happening.
I’d be hanging with my friends right now enjoying my time, but no. I’m sitting on Brad’s bed worrying about everything.
I glanced over at my friends. They all seemed so content in helping me.

The only thing that kept me from screaming in frustration was how weird this room looked.
We were at the guy’s house in their room. They had split it down the middle so one side was nice an neat, with a bed, dresser, desk, book shelf (with books on it of course), and guitar, while the other side was messy with clothes everywhere, the desk on that side had a medium size TV on it, with video games all over the book shelf, and a bunch of game systems. I’m pretty sure you can guess which side is which.
The only thing that was the same was the color of the walls. It was a lime green, but even the decoration was different. Brad's side had songs, sketches, and pictures of family, and friends all over his walls, while Brandon had half naked girls all over his, and a few band posters.
It was hilarious to look at.

“Don’t you think so Kayla?”
I blinked at Brandon as I snapped out of my mind blabbing.
“I’m sorry what was that?”I asked.
He snickered.”Are you okay with us just making sure you avoid that fight, and stay away from our usual hang outs so he can’t find you?”
I sighed.”Yeah sure it’s not like we have any other options.”

“We’ll fix this Kayla.”Brad soother.
I looked over at him in his desk chair and gave him a faint smile.
He always was trying to cheer me up. I loved that about him.
“Well I have to get going. My mom’s probably going to have another fit if I don’t get home for dinner.”

“k. Good luck.”Brandon bellowed as I made my way to the door.
Yeah I’m going need all the luck I can get.
The rest of the night was horrible. I ate dinner in silence, because I worried about tomorrow, and I had barely slept at all. I kept having the same nightmare over, and over, about me getting into a fight, and getting shipped off to my aunts.
Needless to say I was very grumpy when I woke up in the morning.
I grumpily got ready for school, and grabbed my hoodie on my way out. I needed all the cover I could get.

:) comments plzzzz

A week went by without any trouble avoiding Derrik. My days consisted of nothing,but school,guys house, and Home.
It was Nothing but boredom! I Mean don't get me wrong My friends aren't boring people it's just getting stuck doing the same thing everyday sucks royally. Yeah I know I said The guys room is really entertaining,but being in it everyday starts to lose its appeal.
Not only did I have to do that everyday I had to wear a Hood so I could hide my awesome hair,and I had to refrain from riding my skateboard to school,because everyone expects that.
Also I had to carry a freaking heavy backpack around,because I couldn't go to my locker. One of Derrik's friends was always there.

My life was sucking royally.
I know that usual people would give up after this much craziness,but I didn't and I wish today had turned out like any other day...But it didn't.

I was doing my usual wait for Megan to find me walk till someone really tall knocked into me,and I went tumbling to the floor,followed with my hood coming off.
I didn't even have time to put it back on before he spotted me,because he was the tall guy.
Oh crap!
"Oh there you are Santiago.You have no idea how glad I am to see you."He grinned.
I glared as I stood up,and picked up my stack of books he made me drop.
"Get lost Harson."

I tried to walk around him,but a few of his friends came into view,and they were making like a human wall.
You boys are so lucky my moms keeping me from kicking your asses.
"Speaking of getting lost,We thought you were for a while.Where ya been?You haven't been hiding have you?"His cocky grin widened.
"Don't flatter yourself.Why would I hide from you?"I put on a total smart ass smile just for him.

He shook his head."I never said anything about hiding from me."
Oh crap.I really need to think before I speak!
I rolled my eyes, and tried to push passed his friends a second time,but this time they shoved me back.
I Took a deep breathe,and tried to control the fierce anger boiling in me,but it was so hard to keep from knocking everyone of these guys out.
I spun back around,and threw my books on the ground.

"Look Harson.If you have a problem with me say it,or leave me the hell alone!"
"Actually I do have a problem with you.You owe my friend a Apology."He stepped closer to where he was inches from me.
Just one punch please!
"Actually no I don't.he shouldn't have been messing with my friend!"

Carson shook his head."Yes you do,and you will.If you don't will make sure you do it our way,and you wont like our way."He smirked as his eyes traveled up and down my body.
OH HELL NO!
I Clenched my fists,and got ready to throw a punch.
He's dead.

"KAYLA NO!"
I froze.The guys,and Megan were now standing right next to me,and the guys had a hold of both my arms.
"You're really lucky Harson."I growled,as I turned to leave.

"What's this?Santiago,the fearless hero is backing down from a fight?!Now this is a day I never thought I'd see.Too bad her little freshman friend couldn't do the same last night.I hear he's gonna be in the hospital for at least a month.He should have told me where you were."He laughed.
Josh!

"DID YOU HURT JOSH?!"I hollered.
He grinned."Not only did I hurt him,but also that little girlfriend of his too.She liked the ride too."
Okay you know he had this coming.

The guys tried to keep a hold of me,but their anger was just as bad as mine,so they were doing a crappy job at concealing me,when they wanted the same thing.
I yanked free,and leaped.
Derrik thought he could handle me,but He was very mistaken.
Every punch,every kick hit the target. I broke him of his cocky grin within seconds.He hit back,but I didn't pay attention to that.All that I could feel was pure rage.
I heard people scream my name,and try to stop me,but my rage was too high to control.

He.Hurt.My.Friends.
I beat on him till He finally stopped fighting back,and everyone around me was looking at his shocked form.Derrik was the only person I hadn't fought before.He was a town bad ass like me,and I'd just kicked his ass.

Derrik just got me to fight.
Oh crap what have I done?

This book has 1 comment.

Sarah1311 DIAMOND, Clackamas, Oregon

"To the world you may not be someone, but to someone you may be the world" and "Never frown because you never know who's fallen in love with your smile" <3

I like it, honestly it sounds like something I would read, and other then a few missplaced words you did a good job. Is this a summery for a future story of yours?