The Truth | Teen Ink

The Truth

By HauntMystic BRONZE, Thompson, Pennsylvania
HauntMystic BRONZE, Thompson, Pennsylvania

"Look on the bright side, you're scrubbing a toilet!" - my brother

Summary:

Merry Johnson, on the outside, is mostly normal. She's a tad overweight, smiles at everyone, and is all-around enjoyable. She seems like a perfect child - earning good grades and keeping a clean room - but when she turns fifteen, things start to change.

Merry is a writer. She has been for years, and when her fifteenth birthday turns out to be a disappointment, her characters become unlikely support. Lore the archer, Eclipse the swords-woman, and their gang of fantasy warriors begin to leak into Merry's world for comfort, hilarity, and adventures. But not everyone approves.

What happens when Merry's parents decide her passion is now an obsession? With everyone suddenly against her, Merry has to weigh the values of the real world against the values of her imagination... and which one she accepts as her home.

The truth will have to come out.

Katie B.

The Truth

Thanks so much! I'm so happy to know someone's reading this. :)

half.note said...
half.note, Edmonton, Alberta
I've only made it through the first chapter, but so far I'm impressed. You have a very easy and natural writing style, which I find enjoyable to read. I'm excited to see what happens next. I'll let you know what I think. Keep up the good work! :D

Burlew said...
Ooh, very interesting!  Will you be posting more soon?  Can't wait to read it! :-D