Five Stages of Grief | Teen Ink

Five Stages of Grief

July 3, 2013
By kamkit BRONZE, Ventura, California
kamkit BRONZE, Ventura, California
4 articles 1 photo 22 comments

Summary:

Denial: Emma wakes up in a motel room, laying next to a man she has never met before and unable to remember anything from the night before.
Anger: Josh is just a regular teenage basketball-player, until he meets Brian junior year and develops a new kind of relationship with him.
Bargaining: a mother-to-be prepares to adopt the unborn-baby of a pregnant college-student.
Grief: Darren Winslow has dreamed of being a soldier since he was a little boy, and now he is going abroad to station in Iraq, leaving his wife at home.
Acceptance: Elizabeth sits in her hospital bed as her sister and daughter visit her, contemplating her disease and her life.
Grief and loss are experiences that we must all learn to cope with. What we all need to remember is that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel.


Katherine M.

Five Stages of Grief


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 5 comments.


kamkit BRONZE said...
on Jul. 22 2013 at 3:19 pm
kamkit BRONZE, Ventura, California
4 articles 1 photo 22 comments
Thank you so much!! :)

on Jul. 19 2013 at 8:30 pm
Stella_Val_Illicia GOLD, Salt Lake City, Utah
13 articles 0 photos 247 comments

Favorite Quote:
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people angry and been widely regarded as a bad idea."
--Douglas Adams

My computer won't let me rate novels, but I'm giving it 5 stars.

on Jul. 19 2013 at 8:29 pm
Stella_Val_Illicia GOLD, Salt Lake City, Utah
13 articles 0 photos 247 comments

Favorite Quote:
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people angry and been widely regarded as a bad idea."
--Douglas Adams

It's so depressing, yet I can't tear my eyes off it. You've managed to write something that's incredibly sad and depressing, yet, unlike the the 3rd book of the Hunger Games trilogy, left me satisfied with reading it. Don't get me wrong, I love the Hunger Games, but you just topped it with these stories, because they're well-written and depict real-life situations. Keep writing!

kamkit BRONZE said...
on Jul. 16 2013 at 9:12 pm
kamkit BRONZE, Ventura, California
4 articles 1 photo 22 comments
Please do! :)

on Jul. 15 2013 at 7:10 pm
nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming
60 articles 11 photos 379 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Wow, I've only read the description as of yet but it was a great way to describe your novel Five Stages of Grief. I'll have to come back later and give it a read.