Travel Accident | Teen Ink

Travel Accident

By Rin-Senpai, San Diego, California
Rin-Senpai, San Diego, California

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it annoys enough people to make it worth while...

Author's note: When I was in class we did something called "Pass the Pen" which was where you would write part of a story in one minute and then you would pass the paper to someone else and they would add to your story. My original story had the same theme but someone had included aliens which I was not happy about, sorry for all of you alien lovers, so then I started writing the first part of the story then added more of my ideas in and this was what I made. The name Rachel came from my other story that we did pass the pen with, the same person who did the alien idea wrote the name wrong and put down "Ratchet" which I don't how they thought Rachel was ratchet but anyway I used the name again to see if they would do that again. I hope you like my story because I put a lot of effort into it and if you want you can use my idea or use the characters from it, anyways I hope you like my story.

I'm really sorry if you find any grammar or spelling errors, I tried to get less than ten errors in my story.

Taylor and her family were going to Palm Springs with their mom to because of a new job opportunity, “why do we have to go to Palm Springs?” Ben, Taylor’s younger brother asked.
“Just get in the car” Myra, Taylor’s mother said then opened the back seat door. Taylor, the oldest child in the family sat in the front seat while Ben and Rachel sat in the back seat.
“Are we there yet?” Ben complained.
“Stop asking that already” Myra slammed her hand on the wheel “it will take longer if you don’t stop asking that!”
“Ben” Rachel yawned “I’m too tired to listen to you keep complaining.”
“But it’s only Eight at night” Ben pointed out, it seemed like two hours since they’ve been driving, Taylor leaned on the window while she slept through the ride. An animal ran in front of the car, Myra turn the car to the right too fast and the car flipped to the side, Rachel slid into Ben and hit him, Taylor woke up as she held on to the door handle, Myra unlocked the car doors. Rachel opened the door and pulled Ben out of the car. Taylor pushed the car door open; she helped their mother climb out “everyone okay?” she asked.
“We’re fine, but what about the car?” Ben answered. Rachel looked at the damage that was done to the car and then took out her phone; the screen was cracked due to when she hit Ben. She turned it on and she looked for the phone number to call her cousin Bella May while Ben got their luggage out of the back of the car and carried it around. Their family was known for having two first names, Cousin Bella May, Aunt Kathryn Rose and their mother Myra Lee.
“Rachel” Bella May answered Rachel’s call, “is everything okay?”
“We’re fine” Rachel responded “but we’re stuck on the road, the car flipped over.”
“Rachel give me the phone” Taylor stole the phone from Rachel “hi Bella May, we need you to pick us up, we’re near the airport. Good bye.” Taylor hung up and handed the phone to Rachel.
“Taylor, I know you don’t like cousin Bella May” Rachel began walking to the airport and her family followed “but maybe you could try to be enthusiastic about seeing her, again.” Taylor didn’t like visiting Bell May at all, she actually despised Bella May after she embarrassed Taylor during science class when they were ten, after that they moved to Florida because Myra had another job opportunity, Myra always kept moving due to different job opportunities all over the world, Taylor was just glad to move away from Bella May for a while or to her luck forever. Rachel had nothing against Bella May and neither did Ben who never even met her but was dying to meet her in person, Taylor just kept her distance from Rachel whenever she began to talk about how great Bella May was. Taylor began to complain about the trip in her head, she never thought that she would return to Palm Springs and have to return to living in the attic with Bella May and her dog Cupcake, who was a Pomeranian. She wished that she wouldn’t have to stay there again. She pictured herself when she was six, eight and ten years old, when Bella May embarrassed her really badly, in English class when Bella May read Taylor’s letter that she wrote about how much she despises Rachel in front of their mom when she was six. In art class when Bella May made a terrible drawing of her and said that “that’s exactly what you look like” then everyone laughed at her when she was eight. Then in science class when Bella May told everyone that Taylor like a boy in that class when she was ten. Taylor couldn’t stand Bella May and always had to leave the dinner table when Bella May talked about what they did in school, she always got in huge trouble every time Bella May blamed her on everything that happened.
“This will be really fun” Rachel started to talk about when they lived in Palm Springs, Ben was too young to remember what happened when they lived there. “You’re going to love Bella May; she’s so much fun, right Taylor.”
“Yeah fun” Taylor said in a sarcastic tone, she couldn’t yell out that everything Rachel was saying was a complete lie, that Bella May was a complete jerk and that she didn’t want to live in the attic where Cupcake slept on top of her and where Bella May kept her up all night watching You-tube on her phone without headphones. During the school year Bella May would stalk Taylor at lunch when she was hanging with her friends and trying to get away from Bella May.

They arrived at the airport with their luggage, their Aunt Kathryn Rose drove in front of them, she looked exactly the same as before when Taylor last saw her, her hair was in a bun and she had a business uniform and she attached her phone to her headphones. “-Yes of course Ms. Jenny we’ll be there tomorrow, I just need to pick up my sister and her kids from the airport, good bye.” The phone began to beep “hello sister, go ahead and put your luggage in the back then come in the car, I have a meeting tomorrow at six in the morning.” Taylor opened the back of Kathryn Rose’s car and Ben threw their luggage in there, she climbed in with Ben and Rachel due to the boxes in the middle seat, she closed the back door slowly, she sat back into the seat, the seat was faced backwards and always gave her a migrant, she closed her eyes and put her hand on her forehead.
“Are you okay there Taylor?” Rachel leaned on the window.
“I get migrants every time I sit back here” Taylor put her feet on her luggage “I usually sit upfront with Aunt Kathryn Rose.”

It felt like hours since they left the airport, Taylor kept imaging what life would be living with Bella May and Kathryn Rose, since she was older and more mature, they arrived in front of Kathryn Rose’s home, it was a mansion that seemed smaller outside but was very large inside, there were secret passages that lead to every room in the house and they had a big backyard for Cupcake. Taylor opened her eyes while Rachel opened the backdoor for Ben to unload their luggage, Myra and Kathryn Rose came out, Kathryn Rose was talking on the phone to Jenny about starting a new store to sell cupcakes, of course the store would be named after Bella May’s old dog Biscuit. They entered the front door while Ben dragged the luggage inside, he set everything on the couch, Bella May was sitting on her desk reading on her nook, “hi Aunt Myra Lee, Taylor, Rachel and Ben.” She ditched reading and greeted her aunt and cousins “sup Taylor, hey Rachel, hi Ben.”
“Hello Bella May” Taylor said sarcastically “I’m not sleeping in the attic again, got that?”
“Rachel will be sleeping with me, you and Ben get to sleep with Cupcake in the other room.”

‘Oh no’ Taylor thought ‘I’m sleeping with my obnoxious brother and a non-stop barking dog, life can’t get any worse.’ Instead of staying awake listening to you-tube she had to stay up listening to Cupcake cry in her sleep, luckily for her it was summer so she didn’t have to be embarrassed by her old enemies who were friends with Bella May. She couldn’t stand the thought of what might happen, what if Bella May didn’t change over the past six years? Was she still an immature brat that hated Taylor forever? Would she still tell lies about Taylor? These questions raced around her head, she hoped Bella May had changed since she had last saw Bella may. Rachel hugged Bella May “this is the best evening slash night I had ever experienced in my life. You’re the best person I have ever met in my entire life, except for Taylor, Ben and my mom.”
“That’s great” Bella May struggled to get out of Rachel’s grasp “can you let me go now?” Rachel let go of Bella May, she caught a breath of air.
“Hi Bella May” Ben began to talk really fast “so you’re the person that Rachel and Taylor always talk about.”
“Taylor talks about me? Really?”

Taylor hoped that she had changed since Taylor last saw her, but Taylor was still not sure if she was just being nice because of a first impression meeting to Rachel and Ben to look good like how she did to Taylor when they first met when they were four. Taylor had to decide if she liked this move or hated it.

Rachel though moving in with Bella May was good idea but her older sister, Taylor, didn’t like the idea of living there. Rachel only remembered parts of life with Bella May; she was four when they moved away to different countries because her mother had jobs all over the world. Bella May seemed nice, but it seemed wrong that she wanted Rachel to sleep with her even though she wanted to be with her sister Taylor and not with Bella May who she was so cool she always pretended to say nice things about Bella May because she was told at school not to say bad things about people or something bad will happen to you, but she still thought to herself how much of a jerk Bella May is. “Ben, you should talk slower no one can understand you when you’re talking four hundred words per minute” Rachel said slowly.
“Okay I’ll say it one more time” Ben started talking slowly “hi-Bella-May.”
“I got that part” Bella May sounded like she didn’t actually care.
“Every single time Bella May” Taylor began to say then she stopped herself.
“What happens every time? Huh Taylor?”
“Nothing Bella May” Taylor immediately ran upstairs afraid to say more, Rachel felt bad for Taylor, Bella May was pretty mean to Taylor. Rachel wished that she would remember what happened when she lived with Bella May, she watched videos that Myra had taken about Bella May and Taylor but all of the videos were taken at school where Bella May would stalk Taylor and talk too much around Taylor’s friends. Rachel unpacked her luggage and pulled out her computer, she plugged in the wire and turned it on; she began to watch the videos that Myra took.
“So how about Tuesday?” Taylor’s friend asked.
“Okay” Taylor wrote the date in her notebook as Bella May began to walk behind another one of her friends, “I can see you Bella May” Taylor looked behind her shoulder. Bella May began to laugh, she loved stalking Taylor when her and her friends were talking even if they were talking about something that happened at home or specifically about what Bella May did. But she never had any time alone, even at parties where she thought that she had a second of privacy.
“Every day you just have to stalk me” Taylor complained “can you just leave me alone!” Taylor began to yell.
“Let me think about that” Bella May pause how about “how-about-no. Mom and Aunt Myra Lee told us to stick together at school and remember don’t forget to wait for me at the bus stop.”
“I’ll wait for a time when you stop tracking me down every second of the day” Taylor started to get really angry at her “you know what? I can’t stand you anymore, you’re annoying, you’re a stalker and you can’t think about anything else to do except for watching me” Taylor yelled even louder, people began to stare at her as she hid away in between her friends, Bella May began to laugh again but even louder, Taylor’s friends began to move away with Taylor huddled with them, Bella May realized that Taylor was gone and started to follow them again. The next video was when Bella May and Taylor were eating at the dinner table in the main room.
“Please stop mimicking me” Taylor covered her eyes as Bella May was twirling her fork like how Taylor would; “I don’t need you to embarrass me anymore.”
“Why? It’s so much fun being you!” Bella May laughed so hard that she fell back into her chair.
“Tomorrow I’ll be you and you can be me, no questions.”
“You can’t be in my shoes for a day” Bella May laughed more.
“All you do is stalking me, how hard can it be to be like you?”
“Just try being me for once in a while.”

Bella May and Taylor were peaking over Rachel’s shoulder watching the video as well.
“Remember that Taylor?” Bella May looked at Taylor.
“Yes and I remember that you made me look like a complete idiot by tripping me over and over again when I tried to ‘stalk’ you” Taylor smacked her head on the couch arm, every day it was Bella May on top of the covers and slamming pots and pans together to wake her up in the morning, then Bella May would turn on her phone and turn up the music so loud it woke up the parents and gave the phone to Taylor to get her the biggest trouble ever, after that Bella May would jump on Taylor’s part of the bed so when Taylor went sit on the bed she would sink into the mattress. Rachel felt so bad for Taylor that she found a video of Bella May being a jerk to Taylor and threatened to show it to the parents so that for once Bella May would be the one in trouble. Bella May ran away complaining about how Rachel shouldn’t show that picture to the parents, Taylor smiled and whispered “you should totally show Aunt Kathryn Rose those videos.” Kathryn Rose never saw Bella May do anything bad due to how many calls she got a day and how tired she was every night and Myra never got the time to look at what really happened so basically Taylor got the blame every time Bella May did something wrong. Rachel thought that Kathryn Rose would freak out if she saw that video, Rachel decided that she would keep the video to herself. ‘Maybe Bella May will figure out that she shouldn’t be a jerk to Taylor’ Rachel hoped.

Bella May wanted to make sure that her mother would never see those videos that Rachel watched, she hoped that Rachel would just pretend that she didn’t see it, Bella May peaked through the door crack, Rachel had left the couch but she left her computer there. Bella May slowly walked over to see if Rachel’s computer was still on, unfortunately for her Rachel’s computer was locked with a password, ‘of course she would’ Bella may thought to herself ‘what am I supposed to do now?’ Bella May didn’t like the idea of her reputation of being destroyed completely and that she would have do chores for all of the things that she did and counting everything that she did that would probably take months. She slid over to the other side of the couch and began texting her friend Laura who lived in Brazil. ‘You remember Taylor and her sister Rachel right?’ Bella May texted.
‘I remember’ Laura responded, she put a smiley face at the end ‘what about them?’
‘Well they’re back living with my mom and I, they arrived a few minutes ago and Rachel has some videos from before they moved’ Bella May pushed the keys on her phone harder than usual.
‘And?’
‘And Rachel said that she would show those videos to my mom, I’ll be so embarrassed if she knows what really happened.’
‘What am I supposed to do?’ Laura had spammed so many question marks that it filled up Bella May’s screen.
‘Find a way to hack into her computer.’
‘From here? Remember I’m in Brazil you’re in the US, how can I hack a computer if I’m not near it?’ More question marks appeared on her phone.
‘You’re a genus, if you can hack a police station computer than you can and hopefully help me out.’
‘That police station computer thing was an accident and’ Laura posted the reply then typed another reply after that one ‘I’ll help out, type in some information about Rachel and then give me her password hint and if you tell my dad I’ll kill you.’ Bella May typed in everything that Rachel liked, her favorite things and more things that Bella May remembered about Rachel, then her computer password hint which was “my experience with Bella May” Bella May almost freaked out, why was Rachel’s password how much she hated or liked Bella may, Laura soon texted Bella May again. ‘You better ask Rachel’s mom about this, send me a text if you need anything else hacked, except if it’s your mom’s bank account, we don’t want that experience again.’ Bella May remember getting Laura to help her break into everything, she once got Laura to hack into her mom’s computer but got the information wrong and they accidently hacked into a police computer and they got in huge trouble, that’s when Kathryn Rose grounded Bella May and Laura was told to stay away from Bella May but they still hung out during school and told their parents that they were hanging with their other friends, of course their parents didn’t care to ask them if they were being honest. Bella May had a reputation of being a liar and a jerk, she was proud of that reputation but when Taylor joined the school Bella May really showed that her reputation was exactly who she was, Laura had a reputation of being mean, getting in trouble, a user and dumping all of the boys who liked her. Bella May and Laura were best friends because of how they acted in school, then when they went to high school Laura’s parents moved to Brazil where they hoped that she would have a better reputation there but she didn’t change even though they made her friends with the nicest and honest group in the school, a week later they told her that she couldn’t hang out with them so she made a new group with new friends who thought she was cool. While Bella May went to school with her old friends and Taylor moved with her family to Florida, Bella May and Laura texted all the time talking about school and how they could embarrass everyone who weren’t in their group.

Bella May was determined to make sure that Kathryn Rose would never know that she lied about everything that she did and that she was exactly how Taylor described her, a stalker, a jerk, a liar and someone who hung out with the wrong people. Bella May would kill herself if she wasn’t so nervous about the videos ‘I’m just over reacting’ she assured herself ‘Rachel’s to scared of me to do anything about it, I’ll just threaten her with her secrets. Laura texted Bella May the password to Rachel’s computer ‘“a terrible experience” with no spaces’, Bella May typed that in her computer, the videos of how bad Bella May acted popped up under the category ‘Bella May Sucks’ Bella May took out a flash drive and plugged it in, she moved the videos into her flash drive and renamed the category ‘my favorite moments in life and moved a bunch of random videos into that category. She was sure that Rachel wouldn’t notice due to her constant amnesia, that’s why she had the videos on her computer so she would remember then forget something else, at least Bella May hoped that Rachel had forgotten about the whole ‘show Kathryn Rose how bad Bella May really is and why you should ground her again’ thing.

“Thanks to you I have to spend the entire day with her” Taylor pointed at Bella May who was texting her friends from high school and Laura who she texted every day, Myra had specifically told Taylor that she had to spend the day with Bella May and that they had to get along or she would have more days where she and Bella May had to do things together, luckily for Taylor Rachel was there to help her from getting bullied by Bella May but even Rachel couldn’t get the courage to run away from her, Taylor was lucky that she was the same age as Bella May who was the VIP at everything that happened in Palm Springs. Of course Bella May had everything that Taylor could only dream of having, a reputation, a bad one but still she had a reputation that never changed, she was popular, she was invited to everything, she was respected, she didn’t have siblings and she was the best singer in all of Palm Springs because of her free singing lessons, and she got to do whatever she wanted to do but the good thing was that she had to earn money to buy stuff by giving lessons to younger kids who didn’t know that she was a jerk. The only thing that Taylor had was a mother that paid attention to her, Kathryn Rose was the busiest mother on the planet, she had meetings every hour with all of people she was interviewing but Bella May didn’t care if her mother was too busy to care about what she did. Myra was over too overprotected and that often got on Taylor’s nerves but Taylor never got around to telling her that, Taylor was too kind and only lied if she wanted them to feel good, she never got a reputation and she was always ignored and disrespected for being too nice, too generous and too honest, she was practically the opposite of Bella May. Taylor never did get around to trying to be mean because she didn’t want to, she wanted a reputation but no one thought that she needed one that everyone knew, even though she despised Bella May she thought that Bella May was the lucky one in the family, she actually did want to what would happen if she was in Bella May’s place but to confess that to everyone? She couldn’t do that, she couldn’t tell Bella May the truth, if she did Bella May would probably laugh and say “I told you I’m better that you” like she always wanted to say to Taylor.
“I couldn’t show Kathryn Rose the videos” Rachel said.
“Why not?” Taylor tried to act like she wanted to get Bella May in biggest of trouble.
“Because” Rachel sighed “the videos are missing and I can’t find the category that they were in.”

Taylor was partially happy that the video was gone but she also felt like Kathryn Rose should’ve seen what really happened but at least she’ll know in the future, if Bella May stops trying to make Taylor look like idiot and feel bad, Bella May wanted nothing to do with the conversation but Taylor saw what she texted to Laura. “Bella May” Taylor whispered “you know I can see that.”
“See what?” Bella May scrolled down to her most recent replies, Laura had texted her about how many times she had hacked a computer and how many times Taylor had caught them texting to each other.
“I should tell Rachel that you renamed her file and deleted her videos” Taylor looked over at Rachel who was typing on her computer. Taylor really wanted to tell Rachel what Bella may had done, she wished that she was brave enough to blurt out everything that Bella May had done to her and how much she despised Bella May. But she didn’t want anyone think that she made everything up if she told them especially Kathryn Rose who was the most impatient person in the entire world, she only waited for five seconds if someone wanted to tell her something.
Taylor didn’t like having to spend the day with Bella but she also thought that it would be an opportunity to get some attention from their neighbors and she could have a chance of being popular even if she was popular for a day. Bella May was so popular that she didn’t care that she had the more attention from her fans than her mom, Bella May wasn’t scared of losing her popularity because she had such a bad attitude that everyone either loved her or hated her, Taylor was one of the people who couldn’t stand her but at the same time she wanted to be her. Taylor would kill herself if someone knew that she wanted to be Bella May, if she told one person that she really liked Bella May but also couldn’t stand her the word would get out to everyone in the entire world.

Taylor sat across from Bella May and next to Rachel at Bella May’s favorite restaurant, Taylor and Bella May were arguing about who would tell Kathryn Rose about how they wished that they never had another day with each other. “Can you guys just get along?” Rachel yelled, she got everyone starring at her as she stormed out of the restaurant, Bella May and Taylor went outside to see where Rachel had gone.
“This is your fault Bella May, if I had never moved back here than none of this would have happened and your stupid dog couldn’t stop howling all night” Taylor complained.
“Well it’s your fault that Kathryn Rose likes you much better than me” Bella May blurt out “why do you have to be so good at making friends rather than enemies?”
“You’re the one who everyone likes because you have such a bad reputation everyone just has to be like you.”
“Like me?” Bella May leaned closer to Taylor “you’re the most talked about person in all of Palm Springs, everyone just loves how you’re so nice and how can become friends with the best people in every school.”

Taylor was shocked, she never thought she would hear that Bella May would rather be like her than to be really mean and spoiled and she never would guess that Kathryn Rose liked her better than Bella May. “You’re not lying to me are you? Like what you do all the time?”
“And I wished I would get out of that habit” Bella May rolled her eyes “but seriously everyone would rather be like you instead of being like me. People say that I’m the kind of person you would want to be ten years ago and my clothes are just so last year.”
“But you have everything that I wish I had, I mean you were the coolest person in school and Laura couldn’t stand not hanging out with you during lunch.”
“Well Laura just texted me that if I ever try to get her to hack another computer she would personally come over here and de-friend me in front of Kathryn Rose.”
“But you give lessons and all of the kids love you.”
“You’re kidding me right? The kids hate me and I only give lessons to get enough money to help my mom around the house, believe me your life is much better than mine.”

Taylor couldn’t believe what she was hearing she always thought that Bella May had only thought of her as an obstacle from being the most popular person in the world be it seemed that Bella May didn’t think that she was popular or that everyone loved her because of her reputation and why would she think that people liked Taylor better than herself even though people didn’t even know Taylor existed. Taylor wanted to say that everything Bella May was saying was wrong but with how she was reacting Bella May seemed serous about it. “My life isn’t better than yours though, people don’t even know I exist and I’m way too serous to become anyone’s friend.”
“I don’t see it that way” Bella May whispered to Taylor “people just pretend to not know you’re there because they want you to figure out that you have a much better life than me and I would die if I could get rid of Cupcake.” Bella May didn’t like having a dog? Taylor wanted a dog for so long, Bella May thought that Taylor had the better life while Taylor thought that Bella May’s life was better, she always wondered why Bella May was so mean to her, but now Taylor knew that Bella May was jealous of her and all that time she was jealous of Bella May. She dreamed of being Bella May and how it would be if she was popular and had everyone love her and love to be her.
“I guess we just jealous of each other this entire time, for years I wanted to tell you how much I would love to be you but now you know and I don’t have to be embarrassed about telling you.”
“And I don’t have to be embarrassed to tell you that I would love to be you and how much I wanted to get Laura away from me, let’s not tell our parents what happened or they’ll make us do this even more.” Bella May and Taylor laughed, they decided to let Rachel get in trouble for running off without them and they got along much better.