A Dragon's Tale | Teen Ink

A Dragon's Tale

By jackfrost SILVER, Boston, Massachusetts
jackfrost SILVER, Boston, Massachusetts

As time goes by, weeks, years and even centuries, we need to remember that we only get one life to live. Fires burn, ice melts, people grow old, never young. But in the time that passes, there will only be one that will survive the rest. As in a story, one says great power comes great responsibility.
If one makes a mistake, they will never learn unless they try, but when one tries his best they are able to fix their mistake. If he doesn’t try, he will not learn. As in one story, where everyone lives but in an another story, people then die for another. Life comes and goes.
In the early morning summers of Dailswing, there was a baby born who was named Adalene. She was the daughter of a great dragon and a Powerful sorceress.

“Adalene will be even more powerful than you my sweet. She will have the gift of flight like myself. Even after we perish, she will live longer than anyone else, but she will never age beyond eighteen,” boasted the great dragon in his complete human form.
“Why do we have to leave her here in the forest?” she whispered as she wiped the tears away, as even a powerful sorceress would cry for their children.
“We have make sure that no one knows that she is our daughter,” her father replied. “She would not be able to have a normal life. We will always be able to see Alaline with our powers, even when she is far away or when she is in another time.”

After tucking her into a basket made from dragon scales and lined with the finest silk , the color of the sky after a rainstorm, they kissed the baby goodbye and flew up to the top of the nearest tree to wait for Alaline to be discovered by a townsperson.

“Do you think that she will come back to us?” she asked as only a mother could.

I am sixteen and have been living here in Summerville since I was born. This is my first journal entry. I started to work at home at age five which included sewing, cleaning, and other jobs. Working at home seems like hard work, but when it included going to school, it was even harder. This is because I have to do work at home and at school.
I wonder if most people think I am strange, weird and a complete fool, but I don’t mind; well, not all the time. When I started school, we looked at myths and fairy tales; I thought that they were really cool, but ever since, I have been thinking about it. I have no idea why; It is like I am actually part of the story.

“Breakfast Emma.”

“Coming mother.”

I am sorry, I did not introduce myself. Hello, my name is Emma. At first I thought I was a ordinary girl, until my fourth birthday. Then I started to have these visions. Sometimes they were dreams at night and sometimes I‘d have them during the day. Did I mention that I also started to grow wings yesterday? When my mother saw the wings she immediately stepped back, frightened. I saw a scared expression in her face like she had seen a ghost or something. I was thinking back of my conversation after that happened.

“Mother, was I adopted?”

“What made you think of that Emma?”

“I was just thinking and these wings and all. Do you have wings or any visions?”

“No you are not adopted but you are very special.” replied the mother.

The way she said it sounded like I was actually adopted, but I don’t want to think that it was true. I do think that the dreams I have been having, could be be a sign that I am different from the rest of my family. When I wake up from a dream, I can remember faces and words but I can remember what they had talked about.

“Emma, someone is here to see you,” the mother yelled from downstairs.

As usual, it was Nate. What does he want? I don’t even like him. He follows me like he is a puppy and that I am his owner. He is an annoying, pea-brain.

“Emma, are you ready for school?” Nate whined.
“Yes I am ready.”
“You look amazing,” Nate sweetly said as he usually does everyday.

Oh by the way, he does not even know about the wings.

“Shall we go? And why do you act so weird?”
“I do not act weird.”
“Yes, you do act weird.”
“What do I do?”

You know what? I actually do act weird. Now what was it...? Oh yeah I pretend that I don’t know what people are talking about, but I actually do know what people are talking about.

“Is there something you should tell me Emma?”
“No.”

The way he asked the question almost made me want to tell him my secret. What would he think? Would he still think I look amazing if he found out that I have wings? Not only would he think that I act weird, but that I look weird as well. It was quiet for a long time while I tried to decide even how to say it, if I did decide to tell Nate.

“I think you do have something you want to tell me.”
“Let us start to head to school.”
“No, please first tell me what is on your mind.”
“There is nothing on my mind at all except that we need to head to school. If you stop asking me these silly questions, we can leave now and not be late, so we don’t have any scoldings.” (detentions? in 1676)
“Fine.” He said as he sighed quietly heading out the door.

I hoped he really was done asking questions.

Two days have past and Nate still does not know about the wings. I‘ve been thinking about trying to tell him, but I don’t think that him knowing, would be good idea.

“Mother, I was thinking... what if... I tell Nate about my secret. Should I?”
“No, you should not,” mom clearly stated
“Why not, he asks every time he sees me and if I don’t tell him, he will keep asking me what is on my mind.”
“If your father was here, he would say no and that is final,” she said as she wiped the tears away.
“Are you OK? I think you should try not think about him okay?” Emma squeezed her mom’s hand, as she spoke.

I don’t know, hearing her mom’s words in her head, she decided not to tell...

“Emma!” her mom yelled from the bottom of the stairs.
“What?!”
“Someone is here.”

Surprise, surprise, Pea-brain has come to bug me.

“Hello Emma.”
“Hi Nate,” wondering if he could hear the annoyance in my voice.
“Will you tell me what is on your mind today?”
“Not today but I have given it a lot of thought. I was thinking of telling you on the 12th of never. How does that sound?”
“You know what I might be able to guess. Now let’s see... is it that a) you love me, b) you love love me, c) you think that I am annoying and d) that you loooove me.”
“ I do not love you. I do not love love you and I surely do not loooovveeee you, actually, I choose c) I do find you a little annoying if you’re really asking.”
“Oh you joker. Come on now why don’t you just shout it out and tell me as a friend. I am your friend, right? Nate pleaded.
“Yes, but...”
“But what?”
“But this is between me and my mother.”
“So it’s about you and your mom and what about your dad?” Nate really wanted to know what was going on.
“STOP right now! If you want to come to this house ever again, you will not speak of my dad again. Get that in your little pea-brain?”
“Yes,” he replied but it was barely audible.

Sometimes I think that he does not have a brain. I think that he is a jellyfish.

“Come on you should get going, you don’t want to be late to school again do you?” warned the mother.

By my mother’s tone of voice I knew that we were late to school often.
“Yeah let’s get going.”
“Two days ago it looked like that you had something on your mind, now what did you have on your mind?” Nate questioned.
“Nothing.”
“There is nothing to hide.”
“Fine, I will tell you, but you cannot tell anyone ok?”
“OK.”

OK I can’t believe that I am going to say the secret, No! I can’t, I shouldn’t. Oh no I don’t know what to do.

“Alaline... Emma...”

Did I just imagine it or that someone just say said my name, but there was another name that was said too. But Who?

“Alaline... Alaline... Emma... Emma...” said in a faint voice.

“Emma are you OK?” questioned Nate.
“Yeah I’m fine. Lets go.”

A year gone by soo fast, wow, what a year. Just about every teacher had said the same thing. “Emma, you were a great student, we will miss you.” I can’t believe that they would say that, I was almost late to class almost everyday practically.

“Emma,”
“Yes.” As I turned around waiting for Nate to ask me those silly questions.
“Hi, I will miss you. At least until next year.”

Oh by the way I also have best friend other than Nate. That girl was Jessie Parks. She and Nate are the only real friends I have.

“Oh, hi Jessie, I thought you were Nate.”
“That is fine. Are you going anywhere for vacation?”
“No, but I was thinking that I would go explore some caves.”
“Where?”
“Towards the south.”
“You are sooo not heading there.”
“Why, are you worried that I will get lost?”
“No, but did you ever heard the tale of those caves?”
“No. So what is the story then?”
“Well that there lived a powerful sorceress and a dragon. They say that they were evil, and that they had a child, but no one knows what happened. Also some say that they still live there and that they hope that their child will come home.”
“Do you believe that?”
“Yes, I actually do believe that story.”
“What do you think happened to the baby?”
“Some say that she was taken in and others say that she lived on her own or died.”
“Jessie.”
“Yes.”
“I have to tell you something.”
“Tell me.”

I know this is a bad idea to tell Jessie, but even though I thought about telling Nate, I did not tell him and it was fine.

“What if this girl survived and she was taken in, do you know what she will become?”
“Have you ever heard that this girl will as powerful as her mother or even more powerful and that she will have wings like her father and she will be able to turn into a dragon. I wish I could be her.”
“Why?”
“I don’t know. But it would be cool though.”
“What if that...I told you ...that I … um …was her.”
“How can you be her?”
“Well, come a little closer. O.k. I have the wings, but I don’t how to do the spells.”
“How?”
“As I told you.”
“No way, but... ”
“Come to my place tomorrow at noon right away.”
“OK.”

I can’t believe that I actually told her. I am not actually sure if she will tell Nate or anyone else. I hope she pinkie promises.

First day of summer. I love summer. Summer is so much fun. You get to relax and do whatever you want!

“Emma, Jessie is here.”
“Come’n.”

“Hi Emma. You wanted to show me something.”
“Emma, did you?” The mother warned.
“Yes, but I did not show her yet.”
“I am ready to see what you wanted to show me.”
“ Look.” As I took out my enormous wings that took up almost the entire room.

“Wow. When did you start growing them?”
“It started in the beginning of the when I was four.”

Why did I even tell her?

“Emma, you are still going to the caves, right?”
“Yes mother, I am.”
“When are you planning on going?”
“I was planning on going tomorrow.”
“You better get going then. You have a long way to go.”
“May I come with you Emma.”
“No Jessie. You cannot come.”
“Why not?”
“This is too dangerous.”
“If you could tell me that you have wings and I could not tell anyone, then I could come with you.”
“No Jessie and good bye.”
“Wait, I will miss you. And when you come back, can you tell me that one the myth is true and two that they are alive please.”
“Sure.”

Yah, like I am actually going to tell those things when I come home.

“Bye Emma.”
“Bye Mother. Bye Jessie.”

off I go, on an adventure on my own. I hope that I don’t get into any trouble.

“Emma, wait! Where are you going?”
“None of your business Nate.”
“But Emma,”
“What?”
“Are you moving?”
“No and bye Nate.”

I hate that pea-brain he follows every where. I hope that he does not follow me all the way to the caves. Crossing my fingers. OK I am on my own.

I spent the days traveling through the Forest of Grief, the Field of Sleepiness and through the great land of Lord Terrifier making great time. It was easy, but when I got to a break in the field my luck ended.

“HOLD IT! You there,” Wild bandits demanded.
“Where are you going to miss?” the fattest of the group sneered.
“To the caves in the south Sir Chubby,” Emma replied even though she was terrified, as the bandits continued to circled around her.
“Which caves in the south?” the leader growled back.
“The caves of the Great Dragon and the Great Sorceress, if it is any of your business sire,” Emma threw back.
“What is the reason that you are going?” Sir Chubby continued.
“I am not going to go tell you, you have no need for that information and I want you to let me move on my way.” she said bravely ,even though she was not feeling like that on her insides. She only hoped that they couldn’t see her fear.
From out of nowhere a voice is heard. Everyone turns to face the direction of where the voice was coming from. Nate stepped out from behind a large oak tree. “What are you doing to her?” he demanded as Emma became wide eyed. Emma steals her chance while the bandits are distracted with her “friend” Nate and quickly walks in his direction.
The fat bandit responded “We were just passing.”
“No it looks like that you were trying to get information out of her.” As if Nate knew what he was saying because he loved Emma soo much and that he wanted to show that he was the one that saves her.
“Nate what are you doing here?” The wide eyed Emma answered in confusion.
“Saving your butt.” replied the “fantastic” Nate.
“I don’t need your help, craven clapper-clawed barnacle.”
“Yes you do. And don’t call me that ever again..”
“No I don’t.”
“The reason why I came is because I...”
“Seriously I don’t need your he..”
“Yes you do.” replied the “brave” Nate.
“Watch out!” Emma shouted to Nate and as if Nate wanted to save her and not have Emma save him.
“Thanks.” Nate whispered as if Emma couldn’t hear what he was saying.
“Now will you go home please? You will get yourself killed.”
“No I won’t and that I should be worried about you and not me.”
“Are you say this as that I am a girl and that you are boy?”
“No. There is one thing that I am going to say is that I love you Emma.” Nate answered in a loving voice.
“NATE!” screamed the tempered Emma.
“I told you that you weren’t going to like it.”
“That is it! I have had enough with you. Please, will go home. I am sick with you.”
“Emma,”
“Emma what? Huh?”
“Emma, I am really sorry, but I do love you. Do you love me too?”
“Nate,”
“I can see it in your eyes that you love me too.”
“Fine, I sort of love you. Is that better?”
“Yes that is better.”

Ok, I have never thought it about it this way, Oh what am I saying. Why did I even say that I loved him. I am still not sure why. Voices in my head, why did I say I loved him? Please tell me.

“Alaline you should just go with it.”

Three months have past and I still am on the long journey to the cave with the annoying pea-brain.

“Emma?”
“What?”
“When are we going to get there?”
“Ah, there it is, look.”
“Oh I see it.”
“OK.”
“Stay here, I will be right back.”
“No I want to come with you.”

OK, the caves are there, now how am I supposed to get down there? Oh right I have wings. Now I have to distract Nate.

“Nate.”
“Yes Emma.”
“Will you get some wood just in case if it gets dark and that I don’t get back?”
“Sure”

My wings had not been used in a while. It hurt as I unfurled them. Will they work?

Now Nate is distracted. All I need to do is get down there.

Now I am down here, I have to get to the cave.

“Hello, anyone there?”

Maybe they are out doing something. Looks like I will have to wait. I am actually tired, so I will rest for a few minutes.

“Hey! What is happening? Nate! Help! Looks like I will have to wait until someone comes to help me.”

“ How far are you going?”
“Down as far as this place will go.”
“And how far is that ?”
“I don’t know.”
“So what do you think that you will find today, Dr. Martinez?”
“I have no idea, I will just have to find out.”

“Hey look at this Dr. Martinez!”
“What is it?”
“I think I found something.”
“Let’s take a look at it.”
“It looks like a girls and it looks like she is still alive.”
“You sure?”
“I am sure.”

OK, I wake up looking like a fool. Wait what is that? What are those?

“Looks like you are awake.”
“Where am I?”
“You are in my home.”
“How did I get here?”
“I found you in cave with my assistant, Jessie. But we don’t know how you got there though.” As she sighed reluctantly not really saying where she found her and that she was in a bunch of rubble.

When I heard that name I remembered or that I thought that Jessie was my friend and that I was found in a cave, and having the women not knowing why, when and how I got there. But then the women said that Jessie started helping her a year ago and the way that she said the

“How high are we?”
“We are 22 stories high.”

As I sat there not knowing what to do, the women just smiled and said politely, “ Oh, I forgot, my name is Dr. Martinze. For right now, I will leave you to get settled I mean, make yourself at home and I will go to the store. OK,?”
“OK.”
“My kids will come home soon, so don’t be startled. Also, I would like you to stay here and not go out of the apartment.”
“Alright Dr. Martinze.”
“I will be back in a few minutes. Also, do you have a name?”
“I don’t know.”
“For now we will call you Emma. How’s that sound?”
“That sounds like a good name, I like it.”

What are those? I have never seen those before and why are there many people?

“Emma,”
“Dr. Martinze.”
“What are you doing outside?”
“I was just looking.”
“Well, we should get you back inside then.”
“No I want to explore.”
“Not in the condition you are in.”

“Mother who is this?”
“This is Emma. Emma, this is Nate and Jessie.”
“Hi, Jessie is short for Jessica.”
“Hi”
“Hi Nate and Jessie.”
“Where did she come from?”
“I found her in a cave.”
“Do you know how long she was in there?”
“No.”
“But do you know how she got there?”
“No.”

I know I will have to stay with them, but how will I though.

“Emma,”
“Yes Dr. Martinze.”
“Are you OK with staying here with us?”
“I don’t know.”
“Mother, I have an idea.” As the daughter said with excitement.
“What is it?”
“How about that she can stay here until she remembers.”
“I think that is a great idea, but where will she sleep though?”
“She can stay in my room.”
“Is that OK with you Emma?”
“Yes.”

“Nate and Jessica, time for school.”
“Can I come?”
“Emma, you can stay home, my brother Nate and I will be back .”
“Emma, Why don’t you go eat, I will make some pancakes. How about that?”

What are pancakes? Even though I don’t what it is, I will at least have one.

“That sounds good.”
“Nate, Jessica you will be late for the school if you don’t get your move on.”
“By mother!” As they replied in unison heading towards the door to go to school.

Wow they are just like me and Nate. I actually never thought about that before.

“ Emma, here are your pancakes. Are you OK?”
“Yes I am fine and thanks.”
“You look worried .”
“No I said that I was fine.”
“OK, I will let you eat your pancakes.”

Why did she ask me if I was OK?

“You done?”
“Yes.”
“So, how are you feeling today?”
“I am feeling fine.”
“Emma, I have a few questions to ask you. Is that OK?”
“Yes that is fine with me.”
“First question, do you have an idea what happened before we found you in that cave?”
“No, except that the cave collapsed.”
“Second question, do you know how old you are?”
“No not exactly.”
“You know what, I think that you look like you are eighteen. Are you?”
“I think that I am eighteen, but I feel like that I might be older than that.”

“Mother we are home!” As they announced in unison.
“Hi Nate and Jessica.”
“How was school?”
“We had the best time.” replayed Nate.
“We learned about myths.”
“What kind of myths?”
“Well one was that there was a great dragon and a powerful sorceress.”
“I think that I might have heard about it.”
“Where?” As they brother and sister asked in unison.
“I don’t know.”
“Jessica, Nate, can you tell us what this myth is about?”
“Sure. Nate?”
“Ok”

A long long time ago around 1668 there was a powerful sorceress and a great dragon. Since the powerful was able to talk to the great dragon and the dragon could transform into a human they also loved each other. So they...
“Jessica?”
So they got married and then they had a child and her name was.....
“Nate do you remember her name?”
“No.”
“Her name was Alaline.”
“How would you know?”
“I have no idea. Probably my dreams.”
“Nate, Jessica, time for dinner. And Emma, why don’t you have a little rest.”
“Ok.”
“I think that I have asked you too many questions.”

“Alaline...Alaline...Emma....Emma...”

“Dr. Martinze!!!”
“What is it?”
“I think that I heard the same name.”
“Try to go back to sleep. OK.”
“OK.”

Last night why did I hear those voices? It feels like that I have heard that name before, but I also heard the name Emma. If what I am thinking is true than I might just be crazy or weird. I think that the name Emma is another name for Alaline. Just like Merlin and Emerys. They are the same.

“Emma, breakfast.” Yelled Dr. Martinze from down the hall.
“Morning mother.” yawned the brother and sister in unison.
“Morning.”
“Morning Emma.” they said again in unison.
“Morning, Nate and Jessica.”
“Did you sleep well Emma?” questioned Nate.
“Somewhat, but I don’t know if it is true though.”
“What.” wondered Jessica.
“Remember the story you told us last night?”
“Yes.” Brother and sister answered in unison.”
“Well, that the name Alaline right?”
“Yes.”
“So, last night I had a dream and I only heard two words... Alaline and Emma. It is just that I don’t if that I might be her or that that was just a dream.”
“Probably it was a dream. Oh, Nate and Jessica, you have to go to school. You don’t want to be late to school again. Do you?”
“No mother.” replied Nate.
“Emma, why don’t you go and get changed, there are fresh clothes on the bed. I put them there before you got up.”
“Thanks.”

“Jessica, Nate you need to get to school. You will be late.”
“Bye Mom.” said Jessica.
“Bye mom.” said Nate.

“OK. Emma, let’s look at your dream.”

So far so good. Living with this family is nice, but I feel like that I belong somewhere else.

“Emma, are you OK?”
“Yes I am fine.”
“OK. First question about that dream. How were these words said to you?”
“Last night I thought that I heard that person say it like she knew me.”

“Oh great Dragon, we have waited very long. I can’t help wonder when she will know that we are her guardians. I wish that you are here to watch. After that accident with the knights and that mean king. I have tried everything to make her believe. What should I do. I don’t what to do. Oh great dragon Armyus, why did we leave that cave? If we did not leave then it wouldn’t of closed her in. Now someone has found her and taken her in. I like that, but I just don’t trust that women. She has two kids. And I am afraid that she and her kids will find out that she is our daughter.”

“What are you going to do my sweet sorceress?”
“I Don’t know Great Dragon.”
“You should keep saying her name in her dreams.”

“ Emma,”
“Yes Dr. Martinze.”
“If you keep having these dreams, just tell me and I can try and figure out why you are having these dreams. OK?”
“Yes.”

“Mother we’re home!” exclaimed the brother and sister in unison.
“How was your day?” replied Dr. Martinze.
“We learned about more of the myth.”
“Let’s hear the rest of that story shall we?” questioned Emma.
“OK...”started Jessica.

Her name was Adalene. One day they decided to leave her in the forest so that she will one day go to school and that she will have a normal life except that she will be as powerful as her mother or even more powerful. Also that she will have wings like the great dragon and will be able to turn into a white and gold dragon just like her dad. And as the saying goes... As time goes by, weeks, years and even centuries, you get only one life to live. Fires burn, ice melts, people grow old, never young. But in the time that passes, there will only be one that will survive the rest. So they put her in a dragon scaled basket so that a villager finds her and takes her in. And so when she got older she started to act weird and in saying that she started to grow wings and to start having visions day and night.
“Nate?”
“And...”

Then after the end of the of the school year, she decides to go to the cave in the south that the great dragon and the powerful sorceress lives so that she could find out if they are actually real and that maybe she is the daughter of those tow, but when she got there, the cave collapsed and no has heard from her ever since. Her companion Nate looked for her all over. In every kingdom, and any land that is known to man and God, but he couldn’t find her. Except that ever since everyone forgot about her even her “mother”, and her two best friends.

“Oh great dragon, if I told you this you would not believe me, but that both the two children learned about the story, I don’t suppose that they could probably figure out that our Alaline their Emma, is actually our daughter. I still feel worried about it. Oh great dragon help me, please.”
“My sweet sorceress, all we have to do is just keep watch.”
“Should I still call her in her dreams oh great dragon?”
“Yes you should, but you should do it not that often though.”
“Yes great dragon, I will do that.”

“Mother?”
“Yes Nate.”
“where did you find Emma?”
“I found her in a cave.”
“Did it look like that she was trapped?”
“Yes.”
“Nate?”
“Jessica what is the matter?”
“I think that Emma is her.”
“Why?”
“Didn’t our mother say that she found her in a cave?”
“Yes.”
“Well, I think that she is that daughter.”
“Oh, I don’t know. Are you sure?”
“Yes.”

“Oh great dragon, I think that they just figured out that she is our daughter. What should I do?”
“You should just keep watching them.”

“Hey Emma,”
“Yes Nate?”
“I have a question. OK, do you remember before Dr. Martinze found you?”
“No.”
“Do you feel anything weird?”
“No.”
“Sister I think that you are wrong about that. Emma said that she does not remenmber anything.”
“But Nate, remember what we learned in school. We learned the about the story.”
“Yes.”

Alaline, remember. You were young, daring and bold. You did things that no one wanted to do. You decided to go to the caves in the south so you could find the....

“Emma, are you OK?”
“Yes I am fine. May be by myself for a moment?”
“Sure. Nate, Jessica?”
“Yes mother.” Both the brother and sister replied in unison.

Think Emma think. For a moment I thought I heard a voice that said what happened before the cave collapsed. At least a little bit.

“Jessica, Nate, I think that it is time for bed. You have a busy schedule tomorrow with school. Remember?”
“Yes Mother.”

Emma?”
“Yes, Dr. Martinze?”
“While you were sleeping, I was checking if you were sleeping alright and I thought that I saw that you had wings.”
“ME? NO WAY! I SO DON’T HAVE ANY WIN...”
“Morning mother.” Said Nate.
“Morning Nate and Jessica.”
“Did you find anything yet? And what are talking about?”
“No, but I think that you will be late again. And we are not talking about anything.”
“Hey that reminds me, I think that you remind me of my friend Nate. Not that your name is Nate or anything, but that...me and Nate would get to school late almost everyday. Also, you Jessica, you remind me of my other friend Jessie.”
“Do you know how old you are?” questioned Nate.
“I don’t know, but I look like I am eighteen and I don’t feel like I am though.”

“Nate, what are we going to do?” whined the sister.
“I don’t know Jessie.” replied the brother.
“do you think that we should keep an eye out for her.”

“Today, we will continue with that myth we left off yesterday. Now who can tell my where we left off?”
“We left off where she was trapped in the cave.”
“Does anyone think why she went to the cave?”
“Maybe she wants to find out who her parents were.”
“And, something else. What was it? Yes Nate.”
“And that she wanted to know if the myth was actually true.”
“Correct Nate.”

“Mother we’re home.” yelled Jessica.
“Mother? Are you there?”
“I don’t think that she is here, maybe she is at the store.”
“Probably. Maybe Emma is here.”
“Emma?”
“Emma are you here?”
“OK, she isn’t here either.”
“Maybe she went with her to the store.”
“I think that you are right.”
“Hi Nate, Hi Jessica.”
“Mother!” They yelled in unison.”
“Where have you been?”
“Oh, just for a walk.” replied the mother.
“What about Emma? Do you know where she is?”cried Jessica.
“No. I thought that I left her here. Nate, Jessica, I want one of ...”
“Mom, Nate look outside the window, what do you think that is?”As Jessica wondered with a worried look.
“I have no idea.”
“Probably a bird.”
“I agree, but it looks like a really big bird though.”

That night...

“Nate, Jessica, Dr. Martinze? Is anyone there? Probably they went to bed.”