Let Go | Teen Ink

Let Go

By claire219 BRONZE, Demarest, New Jersey
claire219 BRONZE, Demarest, New Jersey

My life has been the poem I would have writ, but I could not both live and utter it. -Henry David Thoreau

Summary:

I’m Riley Adams. Boring, unnoticed, socially troubled, one hundred percent male Riley Adams. When some people look at me, they say that I’ve been through it all. Psh. I wish. What I’ve been through doesn’t nearly add up to it all, for I know that my father’s death, my mother’s disappearance, my sister’s absence, and the disgusting pills that I take every morning do not count as “it all.” But one day, I hope that I do go through it all, whatever that may mean. And maybe with this new girl named Hailey, a non-serial killer apartment owner, a small supply closet, and a little bit of Survivor, I’ll be able to go through most of it all, and maybe even survive my senior year of high school.

Claire Y.

Let Go

Great novel! Cannot believe the talent in people these days! Love to hear more from you and your writing :)

I loved the fact that a female wrote in the perspective of a male character! Very unique among teenagers these days. Loved the story!

hannahjune said...
Wow! After reading this book, I could not believe that a teenager wrote it! It is very mature and creative, definitely one of my favorites on teenink. Keep writing and I hope to hear more work from you!

Nice work!!! This really depicts the lives of some people in the this world. Also, I can see some inspiration from John Green. Once again, keep up the work as its outstanding. Deserves 5/5 stars.

Wow! Amazing story! The climax really surprised me, and the story itself was reallly well put together/planned nicely! Just rated it 5/5 stars. Would love to read more of your work!

I only read the first few chapters, but so far, it is truly spectacular! Can't wait to read more of your work! Keep writing!