airborne | Teen Ink

airborne

January 8, 2020
By fireteam, Losaltos, California
More by this author
fireteam, Losaltos, California
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

no comment

The author's comments:

no

Airborne 

The wind was blowing, and the rain was falling hard on our car. I was sitting in the back of the car drinking chocolate milk out of my cup. All of a sudden lightning struck our car. The car started spinning in circles as my dad tried to get stability over our car. I closed my eyes and curled into a little ball and hoped for the best. When I opened my eyes I was surrounded by a bunch of doctors. 

“You're finally awake.” said a doctor

“Where are my parents,” I asked 

“Your parents are dead.” the doctor said firmly

My eyes burst into tears as I put my head in the pillow, started to cry. I felt a hole in my heart like my soul was being ripped out of my body. Why was I the only one who survived I asked myself why was it me why I questioned myself? Why could I not just die? I wanted to touch their soft skin once more, and see the glow in their eyes as they comforted me in the darkest nights. I searched the room for a knife with only one thing on my mind. I found one on the counter table as I was reaching for the knife a doctor came barging into the room slamming the doors on the wall. He grabbed me by the arm and took me outside of the room. I started screaming at the top of my lungs while kicking mid-air. As the doctor took me out of the hospital I saw a familiar face. 

“Uncle Kyle!” I shouted

The doctor let go of me and I ran towards my uncle. I gave him a big hug as I stuffed my head into his body rubbing my face filled with snot, and wet eyes. “Hey, champ,” My uncle said. “Let’s go.”

He picked me up and put me on his shoulder as he took me to his car. As I went into his car I was afraid of another car crash I did not want to lose another one of my family members. He turned the keys of his rusty pickup truck and started the car. When we stopped the car I saw airplanes flying through the sky, and people with huge colorful bags with wheels. Then I saw my uncle pull one out to

“Why are we here?” I asked scared

“We are moving Billy you better believe it,” my uncle said

My face lit up with excitement as I rushed into the airport with my uncle following me. 

“Cmon,” I said 

“Coming,” my uncle said with exhaustion

I ran back to my uncle and asked him where are we moving to. He said that it was a surprise. 

“Flight b378 please prepare for boarding,” said the loudspeaker. “That's us,” my uncle said. He picked me up and put me on his back while he was pulling out a huge bag with wheels. When we got to the gate my uncle gave the lady two tickets. She stamped the tickets. Have a good flight she said. I rushed through the gate as I followed my uncle. He moved his head left, and right as he was looking for our seats. 

“Here we are,” he said

“I call window” I shouted

I sat down in my seat and pressed my face on the window as the engines of the plane were firing up. The plane slowly moves like a huge as it made its way through the runway. As I heard the engines of the plane fire up. The plane moved across the runway. When the plane lifted into the air it encountered turbulence after a couple of minutes, it stopped. I breathed with a sigh as I sat comfortably in my seat, and closed my eyes. 

“Excuse me,” said the flight attendant

I opened my eyes to see a lady next to my uncle’s seat. She asked me if I wanted water or apple juice.

“Apple juice please,” I asked

She gave me a cup of apple juice then left. I sat in my seat and drank my cup of apple juice. When I finished drinking the cup, there was an announcement on the loudspeaker. 

“Attention passenger we are landing soon please put on your seat belts,” the loudspeaker said

After the announcement, my uncle sat in his seat and rubbed my hair. I looked him in the eye. 

“We are almost there,” he said

I asked him where we were going but all he did was a little shrug. I instantly knew what that meant the shrug meant a million words for me. When I was younger when I asked him a question he always just shrugged it off. I thought as that distance memory I almost forgot about I wanted to let that memory go. That was the day my parents died. Tears dripped down my face into my mouth as snot come out of my nose. I tried sucking it up, but I could not I pressed my head into my seat rubbing my snot, and tears away. 

“Attention passenger please prepare for arrival,” said the loudspeaker. 

I rubbed my remaining tears on my sleeve as I looked out of the window once more I saw houses, but they were small as if I could pick them. I remember when I was younger when I used to make houses, cities, and villages - that was when my parents were still alive. 

“Prepare for landing passengers,” the loudspeaker said once more

I buckled my seatbelt as the plane began soaring down. I was excited to finally find out where we were going. As the plane landed on the runway. I saw a huge sign that said welcome to Canada.

“Were in Canada” I shouted

“Yep” My uncle replied

When the plane came to a stop I unbuckled my seatbelt and leaped out of my seat. 

“Hurry up,” I told my uncle. I desperately wanted to get off the plane.

“We have to wait our turn” he responded

When it was our turn to get off the plane my uncle grabbed the suitcase and started walking down the aisle. I followed him until we got out of the plane. I saw another familiar face, Auntie Susan. I rushed down the ramp we were walking on the give her a big hug.

“I missed you so much,” I said with tears falling down my eyes, but these tears were happy tears bursting with joy. I immersed my face in her shirt. 

“Let’s go to your new home,” said Aunt Susan

I happily walked beside her as we left the airport doors with my uncle behind us. We went into her car and drove to my new home. 

“Wow it must be far away,” I thought to myself as I looked at the mountains of Canada. I opened the window as I stuck my head outside. Looking back at the lush forest of Canada. 

“Look a deer,” I shouted 

As I pointed out a deer near the mountains. 

“That’s cool,” said my Uncle

We continued our drive until we got into a huge wooden cabin in the forest. My uncle told me that this is our new home. As he unlocked the door of the house I looked around to see many trees in all different sizes. When he finally unlocked the door. I rushed inside the house and climbed the huge stairs looking for a bed. I opened every single door in the house until I found a bed I enjoyed. I rushed into the room and jumped on the bed until I messed it up. Then I ran to the stairs, sat on my but, and slide down. 

“Bump bump bump,” I said as I slide down the stairs

When I got to the bottom of the stairs. I smelled something good coming from the direction of the kitchen. I rushed to the kitchen to only find my aunt and uncle arguing. They were talking about how I needed to join a school, but my uncle disagreed with her he said I was too sensitive. When I heard those words I felt a crack in my heart I rushed outside and ran through the forest.

“Now look what you did” I heard my aunt said as I rushed into the forest. 

While I was running with tears flowing down my eyes. I saw a deer stuck in a trap.  Carefully I approached the deer with caution. I inspected the trap as I was approaching the deer with caution. I carefully split the trap open with all my might. The deer slowly lifted his foot from the trap. I let go of the trap when the deer's foot finally came out. 

“Ow,” I said

I looked down at my hands to see them filled with blood. The deer cautiously approached me and licked both of my hands with his soft tongue. 

“Billy where are you” My uncle cried

The deer ran away galloping pack into the forest. I ran back to my uncle, and aunt with my eyes filled. 

“Where were you Billy sweetie,” my aunt asked with tears in her

“I ran into the forest, and I saved a deer,” I said proudly

“Let’s go home,” said my uncle

I rushed back into the house to find a jar full of cookies. I asked my uncle if I could have a cookie he said yes. I immersed them in a hug and said thank you. I hugged them, and tears came down my eyes, but these tears were not sad tears they were happy tears. “I’m finally home,” I thought to myself. I was happy. I was no longer afraid of losing anyone cause I knew that people will always love me even after death.           


                                            



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.