The Love's Ends Cafe | Teen Ink

The Love's Ends Cafe

By Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

"A word is dead
When it is said
Some say.
I say
It just begins to live
That day."
--Emily Dickenson

Summary:

A story partly based off the Secret Life of Bees, this story begins with teenage delinquent Skip Baily and her horrifying, grief-filled childhood. When the abuse gets too heavy, she's determined to find her relatives at a faraway resteraunt called the Love's Ends Cafe. She and her small cousin hitchhike, escaping their abusive grandmother who is determined to kill them. Skip finds no relatives at the Love's Ends Cafe. Six strange women run the place. She develops a unique bond with each woman. Then her grandmother shows up, tracking down Skip, with vengence in her eyes. Home seems so far, far away...

Lydiaq

The Love's Ends Cafe

on May. 23 at 9:05 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)
And the words I say most often: "Where was I?"

its fine, i once met someone who thought we worshipped Mormon? or something to that effect, it was really confusing. anyway, nobodies murdering me or my family, so I cant complain about misconceptions(Joesph Smith was lynched. no, he wasn't the first or the last of our church. that of course was about 150 years ago tho)

Lydiaq ELITE said...
on May. 23 at 5:49 pm
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

"A word is dead
When it is said
Some say.
I say
It just begins to live
That day."
--Emily Dickenson

I'm sorry if this was offensive to u or anyone else. It's just Skip's word, and she has no right to judge others, because she's so...well, you know.

on May. 22 at 11:47 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

oh that was such a sweet ending!

on May. 22 at 11:32 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"There were railroad workers, truckers, nurses in bloodstained scrubs, stoned teenagers, paranoid bipolar people, veterans, fundamentalists, Mormons, hunchbacks, and cripples. Something about a café attracts life’s losers like a magnet."
so I understand there are a lot of misconceptions about my church, but I would like to clarify, we arent weirdos or hobos or a cult or anything, we are perfectly normal people in a religion like anyone else's. the proper name for our church is the church of jesus christ of latter day saints. I don't mean to sound angry or defensive or anything, m just trying to help with misconceptions. i wrote an article on the topic, actually. something to the effect of "im not a Mormon, im a member of the church or jesus christ of latter day saits" the title was long, I cant remember itword for word. its not prushy religious or anything, just trying to spread facts about the church instead of crazy rumors that make no sense.

on May. 22 at 11:10 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

you really like blue lipstick

on May. 22 at 8:10 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

oh, wait, i still have the book. its called moon over manifest.