The Loves of Quinelle Featherbean | Teen Ink

The Loves of Quinelle Featherbean

By Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

Disappointed. I must let the disappointment pass. I will laugh and cry again. I will be kind. But missed kindness is a moment that doesn’t come back again. So be kind. That’s the only meaning of life, to love childishly, wildly, madly, and uncontrollably. You have nothing in this life. Just love crayons and wordy novels. Just love it all and love the bitter grass and love the roadside and the beer cans. Love passionately, everything and with all your heart and with no priorities, no agendas. Love freakishly and obsessively. Love, because you can’t love your way out of the lunatic asylum, but it makes it more fun to be a lunatic.
--Me

Summary:

Quinelle Featherbean sees herself as a fly on the ceiling, observing everything. She's a foster child with a lot of grit and humor. When she runs off to join a jazz band, she believes she has found a family and will never be discovered. Then reality shows up.

Orphans. Music. Runaways. Family drama. There's a jazz band called Appendectomy and the Midnight Pink, a police chase, and an ending nobody will see coming.

Lydiaq

The Loves of Quinelle Featherbean

Lydiaq ELITE said...
on May. 23 at 5:52 pm
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

--Me

By the way, I got to thank you a million times for reading all these extravagantly and ridiculously long stories of mine. Or for still being sane after reading them. Even i get tired of reading me sometimes. You are one special reader/writer! Seems like I never have patience to read anything but short pieces people write.

on May. 22 at 4:08 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

quinel
wait, i thought sebastion was her dad?

Lydiaq ELITE said...
on May. 22 at 12:30 pm
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

--Me

Was who?

on May. 22 at 12:11 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

was she connected to mrs wern?