Last Note | Teen Ink

Last Note

By SarcasticPersonInTraining BRONZE, woodbury, Minnesota
SarcasticPersonInTraining BRONZE, Woodbury, Minnesota

Summary:

Leia Turner has spent half of her life with an alcoholic dad, a brother who cuts himself, and a mom who can't stand up for herself. She's encountering the usual teen problems on top of that: a ton of homework, a best friend who's gone off to be a minion of Melinda Braff, the Queen Bee, and a boy who is clueless about her feelings for him. Juggling all these problems when you're just in ninth grade is bound to get you stressed. Leia is no longer the usual fun-loving, talkative girl. She can't take the weight of her family and school anymore. So she decides to overdose and end her suffering. Before going through with her plan, she writes a note to everyone, letting them know why she killed herself and why they should change themselves for the better. But when she wakes up in a hospital and not on a cloud somewhere above the sky, she knows that there will be consequences. Especially since the entire population of Woodbridge, California knows all of her last thoughts about everyone. Can Leia survive, or will she drown in her sea of sadness once again?

Tarunika A.

Last Note

Steph0804 GOLD said...
Steph0804 GOLD, Seoul, Other

"Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog: you understand it better, but the frog dies in the process." -E.B. White

This is a very creative plotline. You know all those stories where the main character commits suicide in the end? This is the opposite. And it's about the consequences of a failed attempt- which no one has ever written about before. The part where I can relate the most to is Mrs. Grisholm, and how there's always someone who doesn't actually want to help for the other person's good; usually, they think of themselves as the knight in shining armor and imagine the other in their arms, crying out of relief and the realization that they're not alone. Yup, those people are pretty much the most annoying people in the world (especially if nothing's wrong with you, you've actually been having a great day, and they come over and plant an anvil in the middle of your smile)

thanks so much! :)

Cielo4ever GOLD, Santa Monica, California

Thats Just How The Cookie Crumbles ;) -I have no idea who said this

I LOVE this story...the first line got me...the one where she can't open her eyes? AWESOME!!! :)

thanks!!! :)

NhtOrdinary said...
NhtOrdinary, Kansas City, Missouri
I loved it.

haha wow! i will haha :) im currently working ont he next chapter for this book im almost done but ive been super busy cuz its summer :P but i will be posting it soon!

Roxy5898 said...
Roxy5898, Chester, New Jersey

"Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice"

Aside from our obsession over nevershoutnever haha, i have to say you are truly an astonishing writer, and please keep writing its kind of addicting to read, almost like the Twilight series. Just please, it doesn't matter what its about just write! haha

hahah same!

Roxy5898 said...
Roxy5898, Chester, New Jersey

You are VERY welcome and only if he was my age i would marry him!

WOW thanks sooo much :) you really understood what i was trying to go for with my writing thanks!! and haha thats ok im in loveee with nevershoutnever :) wish he was younger than 22 :( lol

Roxy5898 said...
Roxy5898, Chester, New Jersey

I have to say, that was honestly AMAZING!! and i have to say, i love nevershoutnever too :) but thats beside my point. Never stop writing your description is brilliant and dialogue is not like some people's. It's more realistic, things that people would actually say and exactly how they would say it.

thanks!!!! :)

This is the best book ever you should keep writing I'm addicted

thanks a lot!!!

Siddhu said...
on Jun. 19 2011 at 10:11 am
I loved it... the details were superb.. the chicket scrawl towards the end of the page, the snowflakes from the ceiling, the sequence in her brother's room... the flow was beautiful...

thanks so much!

AlyssaFama SILVER, Kunkletown, Pennsylvania

Most people want to be the sun that brightens your day. I'd rather be the moon that shines down on you in your darkest hour.

this whole thing was just brilliant. Thank you for sharing this brilliantness with everyone! great job and never stop writing!

on Jun. 14 2011 at 10:35 am
wow thanks so much! :)

on Jun. 14 2011 at 8:23 am
PulseExplosion, Cocoa, Florida

\"Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.\" - TE Lawrence.

Holy Shnozoly- absolutely-without a doubt-completely, and utterly AMAZING! You're a fantastic writer!

on Jun. 4 2011 at 9:50 am
haha glad im not the only one :)