Counting Strides | Teen Ink

Counting Strides

May 7, 2011
By Italy_Felixis GOLD, Walpole, New Hampshire
Italy_Felixis GOLD, Walpole, New Hampshire
15 articles 2 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
"For in dreams we enter a world that is entirely our own."


Summary:

Cori Green is a blind girl in a highly technological world- for sighted people. But she isn’t about to give up. After a disturbing accident that lead to a horrible head injury, the girl is left to struggle through the darkness on her mother’s horse farm. She is wandering through life until a young gelding changes it all. A bond is formed, and the two prove to be a cooperative pair. When all is going surprisingly well, a person from her past finds her future. They have all they need to destroy the life she has created for herself, but instead they send her immediately on edge. Will a former friend turn foe to take Cori home, or will they save the day, and bring her to her dreams?


Crimson H.

Counting Strides


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 10 comments.


Yushio BRONZE said...
on Nov. 5 2011 at 8:24 am
Yushio BRONZE, Inwood, West Virginia
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments
I wrote a poem about horses that won a poetry contest. I'm glad lots of other people love writing about horses too. I've also found that girls are the majority of the ones writing. ALso if you haven't watched the movie Buck, I highly reccomend it!

Yushio BRONZE said...
on Nov. 5 2011 at 8:21 am
Yushio BRONZE, Inwood, West Virginia
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments
I know! I really miss riding, but money doesn't go far these days. I used to ride this paint pony named Asia, and I fell in love with her. She has a very bumpy ride because her pasterns aren't at a good angle, but I LOVE her none the less.

half.note said...
on May. 18 2011 at 11:59 pm
half.note, Edmonton, Alberta
0 articles 0 photos 102 comments
That's awesome!  You're so lucky!  I ride Tenesses Walking Horses.  They're great because instead of doing a bumpy trot, they do a smooth running walk.

on May. 17 2011 at 5:45 am
Italy_Felixis GOLD, Walpole, New Hampshire
15 articles 2 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
"For in dreams we enter a world that is entirely our own."

Yup! I own my mount- a pretty morgan!

half.note said...
on May. 17 2011 at 12:23 am
half.note, Edmonton, Alberta
0 articles 0 photos 102 comments

I love horses and I have riding lessons every week.  Do you ride?

I think there is nothing better than being around horses.  Though writing about horses comes close.  ;)


on May. 13 2011 at 5:34 am
Italy_Felixis GOLD, Walpole, New Hampshire
15 articles 2 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
"For in dreams we enter a world that is entirely our own."

Yes, I have tried to write in first person. And I love to write about girls and horses too! The animals are just do inspiring!

Thanks!


half.note said...
on May. 12 2011 at 11:49 pm
half.note, Edmonton, Alberta
0 articles 0 photos 102 comments

That's great! :D

I hope you post the rest of your book soon.

It looks good so far.  I'm looking forward to reading more.

I am in the process of writing a book series about a girl and her horse.  I noticed you write in the third person (using the main charachter's name and narrorating for her).  I prefer writing in the first person (from the characters point of view using "I").  Have you ever tried that?

I wish you all the best with the book you are writing.  Is it about horses too?


on May. 12 2011 at 7:23 pm
Italy_Felixis GOLD, Walpole, New Hampshire
15 articles 2 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
"For in dreams we enter a world that is entirely our own."

Thanks! Actually, the whole book has been finished for over five months and I'm starting another one.

half.note said...
on May. 12 2011 at 12:36 am
half.note, Edmonton, Alberta
0 articles 0 photos 102 comments
It is kind of late so I can't read it right now but I did add it to my favourites so I can read it later.  I'm glad I found a story about a horse.  That's my favourite type to read (and write).  I look forward to reading it and I hope you will be able to finish the book.  I know I always start books and never finish them.  I'll comment again after I read what you've posted so far.

on May. 11 2011 at 4:43 pm
Italy_Felixis GOLD, Walpole, New Hampshire
15 articles 2 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
"For in dreams we enter a world that is entirely our own."

If you read this, please comment if you have time!