Catch Me If You Can | Teen Ink

Catch Me If You Can

By missunshine93, Ottawa, Other
missunshine93, Ottawa, Other

" Don't Be Afraid to Succeed"
-FAME

Summary:

Meet Laura Brown, a 16 year old junior at Lakewood High School in Maine.Leah just moved to Maine and got stuck with Laura to lead her around the school. Laura's stepbrother becomes interested in Leah and you can guess what happens next.

missunshine93

Catch Me If You Can

This book has 1 comment.

kurtis.m.russell, Zama-shi, Other

But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell. We'll tell you that, uh, Kojak always gets the killer, or that nobody ever gets cancer at Archie Bunker's house, and no matter how much trouble the hero is in, don't worry, just look at your watch; at the end of the hour he's going to win. We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here. You're beginning to think that the tube is reality, and that your own lives are unreal. You do whatever the tube tells you! You dress like the tube, you eat like the tube, you raise your children like the tube, you even *think* like the tube! This is mass madness, you maniacs! In God's name, you people are the real thing! *WE* are the illusion! So turn off your television sets. Turn them off now. Turn them off right now. Turn them off and leave them off! Turn them off right in the middle of the sentence I'm speaking to you now! TURN THEM OFF...

I liked this but it's ironic, my name is kurtis and i used to date a girl named leah