The Black Cardigan | Teen Ink

The Black Cardigan

By ELM522 DIAMOND, Selden, New York
ELM522 DIAMOND, Selden, New York

"All those other girls, well they're beautiful, but would they write a song for you?"-"Hey Stephen" by Taylor Swift

Summary:

"Mira was fifteen with blonde curls. Her smile resembled a toy doll’s smile and her perfume entered each room before she did. Mira was included in every single picture in the den, whether was on a mantel or hanging above the fireplace.
She performed well in her classes, not outstandingly, but her work stood out from her acquaintances’. She would hum answers and nod. She walked with a sort of elegance, as if each stride was attached to a blissful cloud. Yet unlike her classmates, whispers and whistles very rarely trailed behind her. On the occasion that they did, she would walk on, undaunted."

ELM522

The Black Cardigan

HeartofMine BRONZE, Ruckersville, Virginia

I love Jesus like I love the sun, not because I can see it, but by it I can see everything else.

This looks like it has some potential, but it needs some serious editing.  I would work on making the sentences flow smoothly together.  It is pretty confusing.  I do like, however, the fact that you didn't immediately bring romance on to the scene, like so many here do.  Keep working on it.  If you make it easier to read it might be noticed.  I'm curious to find out more!  I love a book that isn't just so obvious and predictable, one that is unusal.  

ELM522 DIAMOND said...
ELM522 DIAMOND, Selden, New York

Thank you!  Hopefully it becomes less confusing once I write more.

Vagabond SILVER, New Delhi, Other

Every end is a new beginning;
What a caterpillar calls an end the rest of the world calls a butterfly;
"Begining are normally sacary endings are normally sad,
it's in the middle which makes life worth living"

The story is nice just it gets a lil confusing in the mid. Otherwise i loved it!!

Good Job!! :)